I'm Sorry But That's Who I Am

Did You Even Notice Me?

Chapter 8

 

Mika

 

After hearing Angel's story Luhan drove me home. I knew I shouldn't talk to Angel about this right now, but my need to close this gap with us was too great. So here I am in front of her door knocking. Her step mom answers.

 

"Oh Mika come in Angel's in her room right. She just about all better so you can go up,and see her if you want." 

 

I thank her, and head upstairs to Angel's room. I knock once before entering Angel's sprawled out on her bed reading she doesn't even look up when I enter.

 

"Are you happy now?" She ask quietly not bothering to put the book down.

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Are you happy now?"

 

"Angel happy about what?"

 

She snorts while tossing her book aside, and flips up off the bed to stand in front of me.

 

"You know there was a good reason why I kept things from you, and now you've put yourself in danger."

 

I look at her still lost then it clicks. She knows I know about her past.

 

"Look Angel I just wanted to know..."

 

"Just stop. Why couldn't you just wait? I would have told you eventually, but it's hard talking about what I've done. I trusted you not to be like other people, but I was wrong. I hope your happy now so can you please just leave."

 

I turn and leave the room silently, closing the door softly behind me. As soon as I hear the click I hear light sobs drift from the room. It looks like I really  messed up this time. 

 

No point of view

 

Angel sits on her bed crying. The past she's tried to suppress always seems to find some crack to slip through. She didn't want Mika to know the truth. She didn't want her to see the blood on her hands. Quiet frankly she didn't want to see it herself. But she really does care for the boss, and the other members of the gang. So she continues to stain her hands. She finally thought one part of her life was untainted, but like midas everything she touches changes. But instead of gold it's blood.

 

Kai

 

My alarm blares into my ears. I groan, but move quickly knowing I have to pick up Mika. Life couldn't be better for me right now.  I run down the stairs to make myself something kick to eat, but my steps falter.

 

"Mom Dad?"

 

They just nod towards me seemly unaffected by my surprised tone. 

 

"Son come sit we have something to discuss with you."

 

I listen even though something tells me not to. 

 

"So recently we've heard some news that you have a girlfriend."

 

"Yeah so what?"

 

"Well we think that she may not be a good choice for you."

 

"Are you kidding me right now!!!!!!?????"

 

"When have you ever cared about my life. I've been drunk to the point where I passed out, but did you come get me when my friends called no!!! You said it was my problem, and my life. So I walked 30 miles home!!!"

 

"But you learned your lesson."

 

"I was 14!!!!! And you let me walk home from God knows where to the house."

 

"Son we believe that she just not worthy of you status." My mother says calmly ignoring my point.

 

" status, I can't believe you just ing said that!!!!!"

 

"NOW DON'T RAISE YOUR VOICE, OR TALK TO YOUR MOTHER THAT WAY YOUNG MAN!"

 

"MOTHER, YOU MEAN THE LADY I THOUGHT WAS JUST A FRIEND OF SUN-HI'S BECAUSE I THOUGHT SUN-HI WAS MY MOTHER!!!!!! NEITHER OF YOU HAVE EVER GIVEN DAMN ABOUT ME, BUT YOU WON'T ING ADMIT IT. AND YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SICK OF IT. YOU CAN TAKE THE MONEY THE CARS, BUT YOU WILL NOT TAKE HER FROM ME . IF THAT MEANS LEAVING THIS PLACE I WILL!!!"

 

"SON! Please we just want what's best for you." My mother cries.

 

"HOW CAN YOU KNOW WHAT'S BEST FOR ME WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN CALL YOUR SON BY HIS NAME!!! I'M ING DONE DON'T EXPECT ME TO COME HOME. AND I DARE YOU TO TRY SOMETHING, AND I WILL MAKE YOU PAY."

 

I grab my car keys, but drop them. They bought that stupid car, but they sure as hell didn't buy my motorcycle. I run to the garage, and kick the bike to life.

 

"I hope your happy knowing your the reason why I'm leaving."

 

I arrive at Mika's flustered. I knock on the door a little harder than I should. Mika answers, and her eyes are red, and puffy.

 

"Go put some clothes I think we both need some time away from our problems."

 

She nods and invites me in I sit, and wait for her quietly. When she returns I hand her my helmet, and we go get on my bike.

 

"Where are we going?"

 

"Anywhere, but here sound good."

 

"Yeah let's go."

 

Mika

 

The ride is silent, but we don't need words to understand the pain we're both feeling. The city is a blur as we speed away from our problems. Kai doesn't stop until we come to a large field. We both get off the bike, and he leads the way our hands linked. He brings me To a large tree, and sit at it's base.

 

"So why here?"

 

"When I was younger I had this maid who used to take care of me. I even thought she was my mom for a bit. She would bring me out here to have picnics, play games, or read me stories."

 

"What happened to her?"

 

"My parents fired her. Said she was taking her role as a mother." 

 

"Well what did they expect if their never around?!!!!"

 

"I don't know, but that was their decision, and now I'm making my own. I'm moving out."

 

"But anyway enough about me why were you crying?" 

 

"I think I hurt Angel really badly, and now I don't know how to fix it."

 

"What happened?"

 

"Well she has a dark past. Angel used to be apart of a gang. I was curious about her past so I asked Luhan about it. He told me, and Angel found out. She was broken hearted. I feel like she really trusted me to wait to talk about her life with her, but I didn't. Now she's mad, and I don't know what to do."

 

"I don't really think she so much mad as scared."

 

"How is that even possible?"

 

"She's probably terrified she going to lose you. I mean image telling people that. Do you think most of the would stay friends with her? They probably even tried to report her. I thinks she's just scared you'll be like all the others so she puts on the persona that she's fine with losing you, and that she hates you. But really she just hopes that you'll still be there for her."

 

I look up at him with new eyes. He's right Angel needs someone in her corner otherwise she's fighting all by herself. 

 

"You know I think your right."

 

"Oh really well do I get a favor for my amazing advice?"

 

"And what would that favor be?"

 

"For my next recital your going to be my dance partner."

 

"I can't dance though."

 

"That's an easy fix, as long as your with me you'll be fine."

 

"I don't know about this oppa."

 

"Please your the only one who I can do this dance with."

 

"Fine, but I wanna kiss right now."

 

"That can be arranged."

 

After spending another hour just sitting, and talking Kai takes me home. He says to not give up on Angel so I won't. I want to prove I won't leave her.