Tragic Back Story

Did You Even Notice Me?

Chapter 7

 

Mika 

 

After school I decided that I was going to get Angel's story out of Luhan. We drove to Kai's house, and picked up the ticket. Then I asked him to drive me to Luhan's saying I had a question about the notes he had given me. Kai drove me, but had to go meet his parents so there I am at Luhan's door. I knock lightly, and wait for someone to answer. I hear footsteps come towards the door then it opens revealing a women who looks no older than 25. She smiles at me politely.

 

"Hello I'm here to return the notes Luhan let me borrow."

 

She nods,and beckons me inside. 

 

"Luhan there's a guest for you." She yells upstairs.

 

I hear fumbling around before loud steps come down the stairs. Luhan almost runs me over, but manages to stop himself just in time.

 

"Hey Mika what's up?"

 

"I wanted to return your notes, and I'm still not satisfied with our conversation from earlier." I mumble the last part loud enough for only him to hear.

 

"Hey mom I'm gonna help Mika with some physics for a little bit okay?"

 

"Study hard you two." She replies. 

 

Luhan motions me to follow him upstairs. We walk to the very last room at the end of the hallway he opens up the door revealing an unusually clean room for a boy.

 

"My mom did this not me."

 

I nod understanding since sometimes my mom gets in her clean freak moods.

 

"So Mika why are you here I already told you as much as I can. You need to get the rest..."

 

"You know Angel just as well as I do, and we both know she won't tell me about her past."

 

He just sighs knowing he can't disagree.

 

"Fine, but on one condition."

 

"Sure what?"

 

"Tell me if you notice anything strange going on with her."

 

"Fair enough. Now what are you three hiding?" 

 

"Angel's father was know to be apart of a certain gang. He did something he shouldn't, and it ended up getting him, and his wife killed. The only reason Angel didn't die is probably because she had potential."

 

"Potential for what."

 

"Potential to kill. There were two men sent to end her family, but only one made it out of that house alive. Angel had shot the other whether it was instincts, or pure luck I don't know. But the other man Jin-Sang realized that much like him, and his men she had no sense of trauma from what had just occurred."

 

I take a sharp breath. The Angel I know can't have murdered someone. 

 

"Angel killed a man."

 

Luhan just nods.

 

"After that the boss of the gang adopted her, she was 6. From then on she was raised to kill, and within 7 years. She was a master of it."

 

"We ended up joining thinking we could protect her, but she ended up saving our asses in the end."

 

He smiles, but it seems bitter laced with sadness.

 

"Kris, and I messed up on a deal. The boss was pretty pissed, and was think of having us killed. Angel saved us. There was another gang ours was trying to form an alliance with. Angel said she would marry the son of that gangs boss if we could live. We were 14, and Angel was 13."

 

"So she said she was going to get married, but what happened."

 

"So the boss accepted, and she got us out of the gang."

 

"Were you guys still friends?"

 

He nods silently.

 

"The funny thing is she actually ended up falling in love believe or not. His name was Minki. They were young, but even we could tell the were perfect for each other." He smiles seeming to remember something nice. 

 

"One night we were all hanging out together, and a truck rode up next to us. A window rolled down, and gunshots rang out. We all ducked into a nearby alley. The truck sped off. Everyone was unhurt except for Minki. He had gotten hit by 4 bullets, and we knew there was no way he was making it. We still called for help. Angel was crying, and holding him in her arms he died there like that."

 

"The next day she came to school,but she had a tattoo leading from her neck down her back. A black widow. From then on that who's she was known as. Things went downhill from there. Angel was no longer the girl we knew, and loved. All that was left was the drive to kill."

 

"For another year she was like that, but then she suddenly wanted out of that life. So Kris, and I helped her. Kris found her adoptive parents with the help of Kris's own parents. They were able to pry her away from that life. So here we are now 2 years later, and she has a much better life."

 

"Why do you think she didn't tell me?"

 

"Fear of the fact you may abandon her. Her need to protect those close to her, or maybe she just isn't ready to face the past herself. Either way she needs you. You bring out things I thought she'd lost. Tao does too. She needs the both of you the most. Kris, and I have served our purpose. Now it's your turn."

 

"The question then becomes are you willing?"

 

Kai

 

Tonight at dance practice I had energy I'd never noticed before. I was critical of each step every isolation. If it didn't seem exact I would start all over again until I had master that part. I was working tirelessly, and it's all for her. I want to be the best I can be for Mika. She brings out all my good, and none of my bad. So here I am laying on my bed picturing tomorrows performance. I can see the blinding lights, hear the pounding speakers, feel the sweat on my brow. And then I see her, and everything else disappear, I am no longer preforming for the masses, but for her, and only her. I chuckle thinking of how much of a hopeless romantic I am.