The First Day Back

Did You Even Notice Me?

This is actually a story for my bestfriend Mika. She just recently got into kpop and loves EXO, but espeacially Kai. So I'm writing a story for her. I hope you guys enjoy it as much a she does.

 

Chapter 1

Mika

My Junior year of SM high is starting. I stare at myself in the mirror repeating over, and over again everything is going to be fine this year. I hear car tires squeal, and immediately know Angel's outside. I grab my bag, and do one final check before I run to meet her.


"Mikasan!!!! I missed you!!!!" Angel screams.


I just smile at her craziness. I slide into her car throwing my bag in the backseat.


"So how was your summer Angel?"


She begins explaining how she went to nationals for track, and then how hard preseason was. I sit there focusing on every word until I happen to look out the window. A familiar black Mercedes is next to us, and in it? Kim ing Jongin better know as Kai. I stare at him through the tinted glass of Angel window watching him like he's a piece of art. I feel a slight nudge, and Angel's staring me down with a smirk.


"What?" I ask.


"What you say. Well you were just staring at bae were you not?"


"He's not my bae one, and two I was not staring I was just..interested in his car."


Angel just rolls her eyes at me, and I know that she knows I like him. Angel's good at noticing things like that. Truthfully I've had a crush on him since my freshman year, and his sophomore year. But know body but Angel needs to know that. The only reason she even knows is because she's pays attention way to much sometimes. But Kai is untouchable when it comes to normal girls like me. So I just sit back and watch him from afar enjoying my view. 
"You know I could help you out since me, and Luhan are friends from soccer." Angel hints pulling me out of my thoughts.


"No way I don't want to use anybody. Besides if it's meant to be it will happen."


"Oh my God you, and this romantic ."


"I thought you stopped cussing." I throw out trying to change the subject. 


"I did, but I couldn't handle not being able to say the word a least 3 times a day."


I just roll my eyes knowing she probably didn't try all that hard.

 

Kai


"Why are we going this way?" Luhan whines.


"Because I feel like it."


"It's because he wants to see his girlfriend gege."


"Shut up Tao you have crush on her friend."


"Who are we talking about." Luhan ask innocently.


Tao rolls his eyes, but keeps his mouth shut. I also don't answer so Luhan returns to whining about how long this route is. I stop at the next light,and happen to glance over. My head snaps back around as I see her. 


"So that's who you like Kai?" Luhan says cheerfully.


"But then that means Tao likes....ANGEL!!!!!"


Luhan looks back at Tao like he's going to strangle him.


"Don't you dare touch my daughter Zitao!!!!"


"Who's daughter? Angel's not your daughter, and if I want to date her I will."


"You will not corrupt my dear Angel!!!"


"Corrupt!!!!! Dude have you heard before she swears more than me!!!!"


"Lair!!!!"


"WILL YOU TWO SHUT THE UP OR YOU CAN GET OUT, AND WALK TO SCHOOL!!!!"


They both go silent, but continue to glare at each other. I just sigh. God my friends are idiots.
When the light turns green I look over at Mika one last time. She rolls her eyes, but smiles. I can feel my chest tighten, and I wish it was me she was smiling for.

 

Mika 


As soon as I have enter school I'm assaulted by hugs.
Karla hugs me tightly then Ty. Angel just stands back,and watches. She is friends with Karla,and Ty, but me and her are closer so she's still a little shy around them. 


"Angel!!!!"


We all turn to see Luhan place Angel in a bone crushing hug.


"Luhan oppa let go are you trying to hug me to death."


He laughs cheerfully, and releases her.


"Hey brat." Kris says, and ruffles her hair.


Angel has always been able to make friends with the boys. And since she's a bit of a jock herself making friends with Kris, and Luhan was to be expected. Karla, and Ty also know some of EXO. I guess it's just me who doesn't have a connection to them. Kai walks in not to long after, and his fan club swarms him. I roll my eyes wondering why any of these girls think they have a chance with him. He doesn't even give them a second glance as he heads towards the steps. Wait a minute he's heading towards me!!!!!

Kai

We enter the building, and Luhan runs off screaming Angel's name while hugging her. Tao mumbles something like "That little head" and walks sourly up to the two along with Kris. My unofficial fan club beings swarming, but I ignore them looking for her. I spot Mika by the main stairwell, and smile in my head as I walk towards. I will get you to fall for me Mika!!!

 

Mika


I can barely move out of the way before we're face to face. I can feel my chest tighten, and I can't think of what to do. 


"Move out of his way idiot." Someone yells then push me. I close my eyes waiting for my face to smack into the tile but it never happens. I open my eyes, and see Kai has caught me, our faces are inches from each other. 


"Are you okay?"


I nod unable to form words. He helps me up, and I bow thanking him.


"Which one of you es pushed Mika so I can kick your ?!!!" Angel yells at the group.


They all point to a single girl, and Angel launches herself at the girl.


"Holy Angel stop it's the first day!!" Kris screams running over to help pry Angel off of the girl.


"And I'm about to make it her last."


Before she can throw another punch Kris has her off of the girl. 


"Security Run!!!!" Someone screams.


I turn to leave, but hand grabs me pulling into an empty room.


As soon as the door closes I turn to see it's none other than Kai. 


"Your friend's a little crazy huh?"


"Maybe a little." I answer automatically.


He chuckles, and his eyes seem to sparkle. 


"I'm Jongin, but you can call me Kai."


"I'm Mika."


"Um I know this is kinda sudden, but maybe we should hang out sometime."
 

"Ah sure if you want to."


"Cool well see you at lunch."


He exits the room leaving me alone.


"What just happened?" I ask myself aloud.


Before I can think any further someone jumps down behind me. I spin around to see Angel.


"Angel where the did you just come from?"


"I may or may not have escaped security by crawling into an air duct." 


"Your psycho you know that right?"


"Yeah but that's why you love me."


"And look at you getting all buddy, buddy with Kai."


"Oh my God you saw that?"


"Yes and we're taking up the offer of seeing him at lunch."


"Angel.. No"


"Yes we are even if I have to drag you there."


"I hate you." I mumble.


"But I love you." She replies back.


I just shake my head. Well SM high I can see this is going to be an interesting year.