Pretend It Never Happened

This Year: Our Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your parents are going to find out."

"No, Yebin, they won't."

"Yes they will! They'll know what's exactly going on."

"Yebin--"

"We gotta tell them. We just have to--"

"YEBIN! They won't find out unless we do anything suspicious or one of us tells them! We'll be fine, I promise."

Yebin was sweating as she parked in front of Haewon's apartment. "Just act natural." Haewon forced a small grin as she got out of the car. "Pretend it never happened." 

"I'll text you." Yebin started the car again and watched her best friend enter her apartment. Yebin sighed and left the place, convincing herself that none of this happened. 

Haewon fumbled with the keys to unlock the door to her apartment. As she got in her mother was cooking some eggs with bacon ad her father was reading the newspaper on the counter. 

"Oh hey honey, why didn't you come home last night?" Her mother spared a glance at Haewon. "I....slept over at Yebin's place since.... it was already late at night and we didn't want to disturb you or appa's sleep." Maybe the answer was a bit runny. Her parents both looked at her for a couple seconds, until her father straightened out his newspaper to continue reading. "Well how thoughtful," he muttered, "Get ready for school tomorrow, it's going to be a big day." He flashed a smile and Haewon forced out a weak "Yay.." as she went into her room. She plopped down on her bed as closed her eyes for a minute, until her phone rang. She groaned and she looked at her phone to see who was calling. It was Sungyeol. She hesitantly answered, muttering a small "Hello" .

"Why didn't you call me last night? Are you okay? You didn't get too drunk right? Did anyone try to sleep with you?" 

Haewon paused, "My phone ran out of battery, and I'm fine, Sungyeol. I didn't get to drunk and...." Haewon hesitated. "No one slept or tried to sleep with me." Sungyeol sighed in relief. "Well, if you say so." Haewon rubbed her temple, she still didn't feel so great. "Hey, since you're going to that new school tomorrow, how 'bout I take you out ice skating? " Honestly, Haewon wasn't in the mood to. All she wanted to do is sleep as much as she can. "Sorry, but I have to reject, Yeol. I still feel really tired after last night so I'm going to rest for awhile." Sungyeol, on the other line, sighed in disappointment. "Alright. See you...whenever." 

"Bye.." Haewon hung up and crawled under her bedsheets. None of this happened. None of this happened. And she fell asleep for the rest of the day.

It was 6:00 in the morning on Monday and Haewon made sure she got up early to brush her teeth, take a nice warm shower, and fixed her hair into soft curls. She tried on her uniform, which was extremely yellow.

Haewon skipped into the kitchen to grab a bite. She took a blueberry muffin with a banana and started out the door. Since Yebin couldn't drive Haewon to school, Haewon would just have to take the school bus. She walked to the designated area where the bus should be. She could see a crowd of students dressed in the same uniform as she did, all socializing, chatting, and flirting. She popped the last piece of her muffin in and stepped onto the bus. Never had she been this shy before. While walking to the back of the bus, Haewon noticed the majority of the students staring and her and whispering to each other. It made Haewon feel uncomfortable. She managed to find a seat in the back next to the window and set her backpack on her lap, gazing out the window, daydreaming. "Hey, you." a boy sitting in front of her turned. Haewon snapped back into reality and sat there, staring at the boy. "Are you new here or something?" Haewon nodded. "You better get out of that back seat. That's Bangtan's seat." Who's Bangtan? Haewon scoffed. "You better get going." The boy warned once again. Haewon was just about to stand up until a hand touched her shoulder, making her sit down again. "Hey, it's alright dude. She's a newbie." The boy sitting in front of Haewon immediately sat back down in his own seat, as if he was afraid. The owner of that hand sat down next to Haewon, with a bunch of other boys sitting around her. "I don't think Jimin would mind if a newbie sat here." Haewon turned her head to look who he is. Oh,no. It was Jungkook. He looked at Haewon and flashed a smile, waving to her. He looked the same, only the difference is that his hair turned reddish-brown.

"Haewon, right? Didn't we meet at the Saturday night party?" Haewon frowned, How could he not be embarrassed that a random girl he had with is sitting next to him? "Yeah..." Jungkook leaned into Haewon's ear, whispering, "You better not tell any of these brats that you slept with me, you understand?" Haewon only nodded in response. "Hey, where do I sit?" Another boy showed up in front of Jungkook, frowning. Jungkook smiled. "This is Haewon. Since she's a newbie I didn't want her to move seats, since it's a hassle. Just sit somewhere else, Jimin." Jimin swiped his thumb across his bottom lip while glaring at Haewon, probably to make her blush or something, and left to find a different seat. Haewon turned back and looked at the back of the seat in front of her, not knowing what to do. 

"How come I didn't know you were transferring?" Jungkook questioned. Haewon shrugged. "I don't know." A small wave of pain washed through her lower abdomen, making Haewon groan. It's probably my period getting started. Jungkook had stopped talking to Haewon, and focused chatting with his group, which were called Bangtan (BTS for short). She looked out the window and sighed, resting her head on her backpack. Why? Of all schools I had to go to, why this one? 

Taking a deep breath, Eunkyung stepped into the school, confident that she'll fit into Seonam High. Eunkyung strolled into the middle of the hallway, examining her surroundings. Some students are rushing around trying to get to class. The others were chatting and socializing, as if they want to be late to class. She noticed a group of boys, cat-calling her as they walked past her. She smiled, thinking that they were thinking about her. But Eunkyung's happiness was crushed when all the attention on her went to another girl walking past her. The girl wandered around, muttering to herself and looking like a nervous wreck. Maybe she's a new transfer as well? She shook her head. No, no, no, this won't do. Since Eunkyung's father travels and moves a lot, Eunkyung doesn't really have a permanent high school, moving to different high schools about every 3 months. To be honest, Eunkyung knows this school pretty well by reputation, and she's also dating a boy here, Jimin. Even though they met only a couple times, they've been texting to each other vigorously. But ever since Saturday night, Jimin hasn't been answering her calls or texts, making Eunkyung suspicious. Suddenly, a hand reached out and held hers, making Eunkyung jump in surprise. 

"Surprise, surprise~" The boy said in a sing-song voice. Eunkyung smiles. knowing it was her boyfriend. Turning around to get a glimpse of him, Jimin stood there, grinning like a happy troll. Behind Jimin was six other boys, and one girl. Eunkyung already knew who the boys were, but she couldn't remember who the girl was. "Jin, Jimin, Jungkook, Hoseok, Yoongi, Namjoon, Taehyung, good morning." Eunkyung waves as the boys waved back, smiling. "Who's the girl?" Eunkyung eyes the girl standing in the back, standing in between Taehyung and Jungkook. "Oh, her? She's Haewon. Haewon's a transfer here as well." Jungkook slings an arm around Haewon's shoulders, making her scowl at him. Eunkyung wanted more facts. "Well... have you guys known her before?" 6 of out the seven shook their heads, except Jungkook. "We met at a party Saturday night. They boys probably saw her, but she was with me most of the time. We had fun." 'Fun.' Haewon thought. Taehyung scoffed out of jealousy. "What--? You got with a girl when all I did that night was trying to get with a girl? The girl I tried to go after was apparently looking for somebody, I tried to  have fun with her but she snapped at me, making me pissed. So I splashed some beer on her." Haewon's eyes widened. "You mean, Yebin? She's my friend." 

"I'm sure she is." Taehyung rolled his eyes. 

After a couple seconds of awkward silence, Namjoon broke the silence by saying,"We thought since we neeđed an inspiration to play basketball again, we'd use Haewon as an inspiration. As a muse." Haewon and Jungkook gaped at Namjoon. 

"Since when?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter