Out of the Box

This Year: Our Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Haewon, are you sureー" 

"Yes, I'm sure."

"You don't need me to ー"

"No, Sungyeol, I'm fine."

"But what ifー"

"Sungyeol."

      Haewon called his name in annoyance, tapping her foot rapidly through the phone. "I'll be fine. I have Yebin by my side, it's just a little get-together. I'll text you when I get home." She could hear Sungyeol sigh on the other end of the line. "But you're underageー" 

"LEE SUNGYEOL!" Haewon shouted his name impatiently, while trying to apply some eyeliner. The yelling did the trick. Sungyeol immediately went quiet and she smiled because this was the first time she was going 'out of the box.' Especially with Yebin. Yebin is Haewon's best friend. She's been with her throughout her life, especially when there were more downs than ups in Haewon's life. 

"Alright. See you soon then. Don't get caught, promise?" Haewon could hear the worry in his voice. Even though she likes Sungyeol, he could be overprotective and annoying sometimes. "Alright, I promise." After hanging up the phone, Haewon's doorbell rang, making her jump in surprise, smearing her eyeliner. It was Yebin. Haewon scowled and trotted down the stairs to open the door. 

"HEY GIRLFRIEND! ARE YOU READYー OH MY GOSH. DID I MESS YOU UP?" Yebin looked so innocent that Haewon had to forgive her. "It's alright, it's just a smudge." Haewon took a tissue to fix her eyeliner. "Hey, you should go out more often. It's really fun! And plus, you look super gorgeous." commented Yebin, after examining Haewon's outfit and makeup. Haewon moved the tissue away from her face, only to glare at Yebin, for she didn't like compliments about her that much. "Maybe I would, if my parents would let me go." 

After getting ready, Haewon jumped into Yebin's car and both drove off to the party.

"Damn, we're already late." Yebin cursed while looking at the rear-view mirror. Haewon knew she liked to be on time, especially when it comes to parties. The party started at seven in the evening and they were running 25 minutes late. Haewon didn't really care though, all she was thinking about was Sungyeol. Was she too rough on him? She could've just invited him to come along too. But instead, she wanted to be free of questioning parents and overprotective crushes. Even though Haewon and Sungyeol liked each other and knew that, Haewon wouldn't have much time to date him anyways; since she was transferring to a different school starting Monday. Haewon checked her phone for the 30th time to see if Sungyeol had texted her, or called her, or e-mailed her, or anything from him. But no reply. Oh well, she thought. She need a girl's night out, so from that point on, she pushed the thought of him out of her mind. 

 

Arriving at the party 45 minutes after it had started, it was already getting pretty wild. The house was overly-crowded, filled with hundreds of under-aged drinkers. "How come no one's called the police yet? " Haewon asked as she roamed around the front yard, making sure that she was next to Yebin. Yebin somehow already got a beer bottle in her left hand and holding Haewon's hand with her other. "That's because this neighborhood is filled with rich kids and their careless parents." She yelled over the loud music and the talkative people. As Haewon looked around, there were a lot of couples doing a lot of things that they actually should be doing in a hotel room. And this is just the front yard. When entering the house, a lot of cute boys were trying to flirt with Haewon, giving her drinks and complimenting her. Haewon was already separated from Yebin and was left helpless with all these boys. She couldn't turn down their 'gifts' and so she just gulped down one bottle after the other, soon getting drunker and drunker. 

"You're really pretty." One boy's hand tucked a strand of hair behind Haewon's ear, making her blush. 

"Hey hyung, I said I had dibs on her!" Another boy threw a punch at the other. Soon, they got into a fist fight. 

Haewon was too drunk to do anything. She was wandering around the house, looking at all the people getting drunk and well, dance. Haewon was too busy to realize that she had bumped into someone and tripped. A hand held onto hers as the other placed itself behind her back, to prevent her from hitting the ground. 

A mysterious boy pulled her back up to her feet, making sure she wasn't hurt, "Hey, are you alright?" he asked, worried. Haewon held onto both of the boy's arms, blushing. "Oh! Um.. yeah I'm fine." she immediately lets go of his arms and the boy puts out one hand. 

"I'm Jungkook. Nice to meet you." He greeted her with a smile. Haewon suddenly felt like this was a dream, because this Jungkook boy sure is handsome. He had dark brown, almosy black hair with almond-colored eyes. Hesitantly, Haewon reached out her hand to shake Jungkook's. "H-Haewon." She greeted back. 

Jungkook flashes a grin and puts his hands in his pockets. "You don't look familiar. You new here?" He raised an eyebrow. Haewon nodded and bit her lip. It was her habit. Haewon swore she saw Jungkook smirk for a split second. 

"You can dance right?" 

"N-no.. I don't really go out like this much.."

"Well, you're lucky you have me to dance with you." Jungkook took her hand and dragged her to the liv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter