Not You

This Year: Our Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yebin, Taehyung, and Hongbin arrive at the mall and they hop out, Hongbin getting super excited that he was here.

Hey, hey!" Taehyung grabs onto Hongbin, who tries to run across the driveway to the entrance of the mall, "You gotta be a good boy while you're here, okay? Or else we'll be really sad." Taehyung says and puts a pout on his face. Hongbin nods and continues walking with Taehyung, the two seem to be completely ignoring Yebin's existance. "I give up." She mutters and pulls out her phone again, replying to Haewon's message sent fifteen minutes ago. That was a horrible habit of hers as well, replying to text messages super late. 'i'm @ the mall with hongdevil and tae, what is this agony!!!! both of them are making me super negative about everything today, where r u when i need u!!!!' 'LOL. I would be there, but the pain is shooting me in the face right now... Have fun ;))))' 'kim haewon, dont winky face me!!!!!!!!!' Taehyung turns around and sees Yebin absorbed in her phone. He shakes his head and yanks the phone away from her, turning it off and placing it in his jean pocket. "Give me my phone, stupid!" Yebin exclaims and places her hand in front of his face, not wanting to reach into his pockets. "Nope. You're going phone free for a few hours, bare with me." He says and high-fives her hand. "Whatever. Hurry up and get this over with, I'm already tired." Yebin says and forces out a yawn. "Don't listen to her, Hyung. She's a pig, she needs this exercise anyway." "Am not!" Hongbin crosses his arms and stands in front of an amused Taehyung, getting on his tippy toes ready to fight back, "Oh yeah? You need to look as pretty as Haewon noona to get a boyfriend, but you're lucky Hyung is nice enough to play with you! You don't even try to act like a girl and all you do is complain about yourse-" Yebin feels her face getting red and bends down to cover her brother's mouth, they were attracting attention, and she didn't want any more. "Okay, okay. I'm sorry." She mutters and stands up, head facing down to purposely ignore Taehyung. He displays a dorky grin on his face as he grabs Hongbin's hand again, leading them through the mall. They decide to leave Hongbin at a playplace, more like a daycare for the parents shopping and don't want to be bothered by their screaming, naughty children. Yebin signs Hongbin's name and her contact information on the sign up sheet and looks at the lady in front. She looks more occupied with picking her nails than caring for the childen. Yebin gets annoyed and slams the pen on the table, causing her to look up. The girl sees Taehyung and her eyes widen, she fixes her hair and puts on a super cute grin. Yebin lets out an annoyed laugh and waves a hand in front of the worker, who stares at Taehyung, he stares back, smiling at her. "Look here, Pretty. I believe you have a job to do and your salary isn't going to be very high if I told your manager you were picking your nails acting careless one moment and flirting with..." She eyes Taehyung and then back at her, "this the next. Lose my brother and you'll pay for it, clear?" Yebin smiles and walks off, Taehyung trailing behind her. "So, was that...true?" Taehyung questions softly, unaware that Yebin was this insecure about herself. "What?" "The thing Hongbin said back there." "...Yeah. Don't make me drown in your pity, though. I'm okay." Yebin says stubbornly as she crosses her arms. "I think you look fine." He says and shoves her playfully. "Yeah! Fine." Yebin says and turns her face towards him, a look of disbelief written all over her face. "It's polite to thank a person when he or she compliments you, you know." He doesn't wait for a response and pulls her into a shop. "I've never seen you in a dress." Taehyung says and he roams into the aisle, displaying the fancy dresses. "My uniform skirt counts," Yebin answers as she feels the material of one of the dresses, "and plus, it feels uncomfortable." Taehyung sighs and shakes his head, "Whatever, oh! Let's go over there." He points to a place Yebin can't quite pinpoint because of her poor vision. He leads her to the jewelry section of the store and starts to spin the displays. He looks around, concentrating extra hard as Yebin yawns, "Taehyung, honestly, why are you even trying so hard anyway?" "
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter