It's Alright

This Year: Our Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     "Haewon, I need you to organize and stack these books for me." Mrs. Choi, the librarian, pushes a cart filled with books towards Haewon. This was one of Haewon's many jobs. She cringes at the sight of the books, but accepts the work. "Yes, Mrs. Choi." It was 7 at night and the library was the type that let late-night students study here. Haewon's shift doesn't end until 10. The cart was awfully heavy, and the library is always hot and stuffy. But Haewon didn't have a choice. It was either work or no savings. Haewon was also starving. Her stomach growled violently earning looks from other people. She rubs her stomach and then pats it lightly. "Sorry, you'll just have to wait." She mutters to herself. Her stomach growls in return. Haewon reaches for one of the books in the cart and reads the ID and author while looking where was its rightful place. Sadly, the book's rightful place was on the highest shelf. Haewon cursed herself for being short. She looks around for a stool, but no luck comes. 

Standing on her tip-toes, Haewon strains to put the book back. "Come on.." She muttered annoyingly. She groans and tries her very best to place the book back. The book was heavy, too. Haewon sighs and looks around to see if anyone could help her, but they were all too busy on their laptops and absorbed in their books. Haewon gives it one last try, standing on her tip-toes again and straining to reach the top shelf. 

A hand takes a book from her and places it in its rightful spot. Haewon sighs of relief, glad that there was someone there who actually pays attention. "Thank you so much, I owe you one." Haewon bows a 90 degree angle and looks up to see who the figure was. It was Jungkook. Jungkook shrugs, "It's nothing, really." Haewon stands up straight and fixes her hair. "Hey.." She said. 

"You work here?" Jungkook shoves his fists into his pockets and turns his head, looking around. Haewon nods, "Yeah. It's a pretty good job, right?" She forces a laugh. "Why are you working so hard?" Jungkook ignores her question. "I need the money." She shrugs, "Duh." Jungkook heaves a sigh as he picks up one of the books from the cart, reads the ID and author, and puts it on the shelf. Haewon looks at him questioningly. "What are you doing?" 

"I'm helping you, dummy. The sooner we finish maybe your boss will let you out early." Jungkook picks up another book. Haewon crosses her arms. "Like she will. And where are we going after this, huh?" 

Jungkook pauses, "The arcade."  Haewon looked at his side profile. Haewon followed Jungkook's jawline, which was so sharp and defined that it could probably cut somebody. Jungkook had soft eyes, they were almond-brown. And he had a calm, expression on him. God, no wonder why all the girls like him. Haewon mentally groaned. Jungkook caught Haewon looking at him and turns. "What?" He quirks an eyebrow. Haewon turns, her ears blushing madly. "Nothing. Come on, let's finish this." Haewon quickens her pace with the books. Jungkook smirked. "Are you staring at me because I'm handsome?" Haewon hits Jungkook's arm with a book. "Shut up." A laugh comes out of Jungkook. "I'll take that as a yes." For some strange reason, Haewon began to laugh, too. Until the people around shushed them. Haewon bowed apologetically while Jungkook covers his mouth to keep the laugh from coming out. It was just around eight o' clock when Haewon and Jungkook had just finished and she had to admit, Jungkook was pretty fun to have around. Jungkook also had somehow convinced to give Haewon pay-time-off for the rest of the night. "Come on." Jungkook holds Haewon's hands, intertwining them together, and leads her out of the library. 

The arcade booms with game sounds and fx. The arcade wasn't that busy, though. There was a good 75 or less people there. Jungkook and Haewon had a surprisingly great time. They raced against each other with computer motorcycles, compete against each other during air hockey- of course Jungkook would let her win. And the best thing Haewon liked about this was that Jungkook bought her all the food she craved. 

"Dang." Jungkook sits across the table, watching Haewon eat her 3rd hot dog in amazment. "This is your fourth one when I'm on my second! And I thought I was starving." Haewon looks up from her hot dog and watches Jungkook look at her in awe. Jungkook thought his heart might burst at the sight of how adorable Haewon looks right now. Her hair was up in a messy bun with several strands of hair hanging loose around her forehead. Haewon had this sort of puppy look in her eyes even though she wasn't intending too. And the worst part, there were some ketchup and mustard sauce on the corner of her lips. "Aish.." Jungkook scratches the back of his head. He takes a napkin and hands it to Haewon. "Take a look at yourself in the mirror. You look like a total baby." Haewon frowned. "Yah, I'm in a good mood. Don't ruin it." She finishes her hotdog and slouches back in her seat while wiping with the napkin. "I'm fuuulllllll." Haewon rubs her stomach unconsciously. Jungkook scanned her plate. "Is this all part of the pregnancy thing?" Haewon looks up. "Hmm?" Jungkook shifted into an awkward position. "You know, like when women ar pregnant, tehy get all these symptoms and cravings, right?" Haewon thought about it for a moment. "Well, yeah I guess." She shrugs. A familiar figure stands next to Haewon and Jungkook's table. "Haewon." Haewon looked up to see who it is. Sungyeol.  "Sungyeol!" She bounced off her seat. Jungkook slouched, having a cold hard expression on his face. Sungyeol realized that the person with Haewon was Jungkook. "What is he doing here with you?" Sungyeol points to Jungkook. Jungkook scoffed. "Well I have a question, too. You know Haewon?" Haewon had a bad feeling about this. "Sungyeol. Jungkook is my classmate. We're just hanging out." Sungyeol exhaled sharply. "You transferred to Jeguk?" Haewon nods without saying anything. Sungyeol looks at her plate. "Haewon, you barely eat when I take you out. Why did you eat so much with that?" Jungkook stands up and pulls Haewon away from Sungyeol. "Go." Sungyeol smirked. "This isn't your house, you know." 

Haewon grew nauseous and queasy hearing the boys talk. "I'm going to get some fresh air." Jungkook loosens his grip on Haewon's hand as she slipped out of his and walked outside. After waiting for Haewon to go outside, Sungyeol glares at Jungkook. "Are you two dating?" Jung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter