Oh, No

This Year: Our Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Saturday morning and Haewon was a mess. She's been throwing up since six in the morning and only got an hour of sleep afterwards. Her mother walks in to check on Haewon but only sees her lying in a fetus position, covering her stomach with both arms. Mrs. Kim sighs as she places some painkillers on Haewon's nightstand. After her mother left for work and her father left looking for a job, Haewon sat up. She stumbles towards her backpack, where Yebin had given her that pregnancy test strip. Sighing as she heads to the restroom, Haewon read the instructions. Making sure she locked the door to her restroom, Haewon took the test out of the box, and places it in between her legs. "Let the testing begin.." she sighs.

After a couple of minutes waiting for the results, Haewon was really nervous. She leaned over, looking at the test. And it read:

Haewon's stomach did somersaults. Pregnant? At 17? Haewon felt as if she needed to throw up again. All this wouldn't happen if she hadn't gone to that party a couple weeks ago, and slept with Jungkook. She rubbed her temple, while thousands of questions ran through her mind. How am I going to handle this? Who should I tell first? Should mom and dad know about this? With a baby coming, how am I going to support the rest of the family? Oh my god, I'm going to be a mother. But what about Jungkook? Jungkook. How was she going to tell him? And what about Sungyeol? Sungyeol. Surely he will be devastated and disappointed. Haewon knows that if she tells Sungyeol, Sungyeol would beat the heck out of Jungkook. Haewon pulled up her pants and slid the test in her pocket and walked to her room. She took a good five minutes finding a place to hide it, and ends up putting it under her mattress. Taking her phone out, she decides to call Yebin and breaks the news. "Hello?" Haewon could hear her doing something in the background. "Hey, I took the te-" 

"Oh my god, so yesterday while you were gone, Taehyung stuck gum in my hair. My Hair. I got so pissed I swear I was going to make him eat it again." Haewon chokes up a laugh. They would be a cute couple. She thought to herself. 

"So what were you going to say?" 

Haewon gulps. "Well, I took that pregnancy test you gave me.."

"....And? What was the result?"

"It... says that I'm pregant."

There was a long silence before Yebin speaks up. "Are you sure you read it correctly? Oh my god, oh my god, OH. MY. GOD. "

"Yes, Yebin, I read it correctly."

"Haewon, what are you going to do? You don't have the money to abort the baby! We have to tell your parents. How are we going to tell this to Jungkook?! And Sungyeol. Oh, he's going to be furious." 

"Sungyeol and I aren't a thing, Yebin! He's not that important! You heard him!" Haewon's eyes were welled up with tears. No wonder why I get so emotional. Yebin pauses and lets Haewon calm herself down. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter