Welcome back (or maybe not) - Minami

Little Apples ( Sequel to Sorry, I can't be with you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Daddy starts to bring in a counselor to give a help for Hyunki in his recovery. He came to our house for almost 2 hours but Hyunki still not responding to everything he is trying to do. In the end, he left for today and will try again next week and just right a few moments later, Ellie peek her head into the room. 

“I’m here again.” She says. I let her into the room and she hasn’t change her school uniforms. “I brought strawberries for Hyunki. Maybe he likes it.” 

I didn’t respond and am not sure whether Hyunki oppa (older brother Hyunki) likes strawberry because he eats everything. I sit on his bed and continue reading my novel but I couldn’t concentrate on the story. I keep on watching Ellie talking to Hyunki and the scene is not much different to talking to herself. 

“Hyunki, I brought fresh strawberries and it is nice to eat when it is still cold. I had tried it just now and it is really good. Do you want some?” She asks Hyunki and open the box. She pick one and hold the strawberry. Suddenly, Hyunki open up his mouth and Ellie quickly feed him the strawberry. Small enough to feed him hold. 

That surprised me so much until I slam the book close. All what Ellie did was just feeding him with a small strawberry and Hyunki oppa ate it. All the time Shizuka had been trying was a failure. Why did he only reacts to Ellie but not with other people? Just her? What has Ellie done that I didn’t know and opened up Hyunki’s shattered heart again?

Nah… just one. Probably he just wanted to taste it. Don’t be ridiculous Minami. There is no way Hyunki oppa would react to someone he just met. Ellie pick another strawberry and when she wants to feed him, he opens his mouth again. What? He is reacting to Ellie! I can’t believe this at all! Not just twice but all the 8 pieces she brought is finished. He ate everything! 

Ellie then told Hyunki and I that she has to go back because she has something to do with the school administration documents to settle. I send her off and for God sake, I still couldn’t believe what has just happened. I must tell daddy about this. 

I climb up the stairs and straight to daddy’s office. I knock on the door and revealing Aka at the entrance. He backed away, letting me to go through. “Daddy, I need to tell you something.” 

“What is it, honey?”

“Aka, can you leave us for a while? 15 minutes maybe?” I told Aka and he seem to be hesitating at first but then daddy nod his head and he walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. 

“Hyunki oppa finally respond to someone. Not someone that he knows, he reacted to our new neighbour’s daughter, Ellie just now. All this while he wouldn’t respond to anyone except mommy, of course and not even Shizuka. Ellie fed him strawberries that she brought and Hyunki ate them all. Last time, he didn’t even bother to touch his meals but now he ate the strawberries!” 

“That’s news to me. That is good! At least he is recovering. Is that what you want to tell me?”

“Yeah.”

“Thanks dear.” Daddy smiles at me and he avert his eyes on the paperwork before him. 

“Daddy, when is mommy coming back? We barely seen here with us anymore. I missed her so much.” 

“I don’t know. I hope she is fine. I’m scared she will ruin her health with all the works. Furthermore, her company has just started to grow in that industry.” 

“Daddy, help her. Make her stay at home always like before.”

“I will try but you know your mother. Is a stubborn woman.”

This is the first time I’m going to school after my long day off. Though my classmates always visit me but suddenly only a few of them often came to see me at home. I understood they were busy with projects and exams. I’m getting nervous. I hope they will not avoid me in class. Daddy sent me off and he said that he wanted to give some supporting documents to the academic affair about my temporary withdrawal. 

“Daddy, it is okay. I can handle it myself.” 

“I know but this is the time you make up some friends after you have been away for so long. Let me discuss this with your principal. I hope he will understand your situation. I’m fully aware with the school terms and regulation about attendance. And it is something for me to make up since I did not appear at the PTA’s meeting.” 

Daddy still insist to follow me to school and I have no choice to swallow all the attentions from the students around us. I turn to see Daddy’s face, he is as usual with his relaxed mind written on his face whereas I’m feeling uneasy with the whisperings and awing. So now daddy’s planning to introduce me to the public. They are going to find out how I look like. 

 

 

“Minami! We are glad you are able to come to school again.” Says Yura. 

“We kinda missed you, you know.” Says Stefan. 

“You must have had gone through all the difficulties by yourself. You are strong.” Says the class representative, Junki. 

“Thank you, guys. For all the support. I won’t make it without all of you.” 

That doesn’t include the fact that this will be the last time I will see their faces. I look at their faces one by one, keeping the image of them smiling in my mind for a memory. “Can we.. have one shot of a photo? We didn’t take one when we were in NYC, did we?” 

“Ah! Yeah, what a waste. Come! Come! I brought my XLR. What a coincidence!” 

“Okay everybody. Gather now before homeroom starts!” 

Everyone, I’m so sorry. I’m happy to see you guys happy but this might be our last photo together that I can remember. I will treasure everything. Thank you for your love and support. 

Suddenly, I heard girls chattering from outside of the class about something hot at the moment and the some of them running down the corridors. Could it be a star came to our school for shootings? 

“Oh my gosh! That successful entrepreneur Oh Sehun came to our school! Aww, he is dazzling and fine looking man.” 

“Too bad, he is married and have children already.” 

“Didn’t you know he is our president’s father?”

“What? Seriously?! But isn’t he Lee?”

“Yeah. It was weird. But I read an article about them. They said, our president and his twin sister, Minami were raised in Japan and so to cover their identity they use their mother’s family name. That is how they came out with Lee as their surnames.” 

“Minami, you mean Lee Minami?” 

“Yeah! Who else that we kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter