Truth

Little Apples ( Sequel to Sorry, I can't be with you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eddie pick me up for our picnic and we spent about 20 minutes on the road. He then pulls the break and park at the side of the park. I open the door and wait for him to grab the picnic bag and lock his car. We walk along the pavement and enter the park. I breathe in the cool morning breeze and enjoy the nice view of cherry blossom.

“Finally we can find a spot to set our things.” Says Eddie as I help him, taking out the Tupperware and a flask. “Here. Try it. I made these.” He take the sandwich and give it to me.

“Thanks.” I took a bite and it was not that bad. It still nice and can say it is good. “Actually, my exam is very soon. We can just meet up after the result come out.”

“Nah. That will take longer. I can’t hold it anymore. The reason I want to see you today is because I have something to tell you.”

Suddenly the atmosphere around us changed. The conversation turn out to be serious. I stop chewing and avert my eyes to Eddie.

“I’ll be straight forward. I asked you here is because I have a proposal to make.”

“Proposal?”

“Do you.. Want to take me as your husband?”

“What is that? Eddie, it is not funny at all.” Suddenly the tears are pooling in my eyes and I quickly look down, letting my hair cover my face. I don’t understand why I started to cry but deep inside my heart, I feel a sense of failure. A failure in life and need other’s sympathy on this weak body and soon to be disabled.

“I’m not joking. I’m serious to take you as my wife. I love you, Minami.” Eddie slit my hair behind my ear and pull my chin up.

The tears roll down my cheeks. I pull my head away. “Eddie, you know I will never able to do many things because of my limited vision. You know that I will be blind someday. It might be after this. It might tomorrow. Who knows.. What will your parents say if they know their daughter-in-law will be blind at her young age? If we have kids, I can’t help that much, to see them growing up properly. You will be busy as a doctor and I definitely do not want to put more burden on you. Then, I’ll be a wife for nothing. That hurts. It actually hurt to know that I can do nothing much, Eddie. If you are proposing me out of sympathy, I hope you will take it back and choose someone who is perfectly fit to carry her responsibility to take care of you and your children.”

“No. No. You can’t say that. I marry you because I love you. The moment I decide to take you as my wife, I’m already prepared to hold my responsibility. I know we will face a lot of obstacles but that will be the result of our love. I want you to know that you are worth to everybody. Although you won’t see in the future, you can feel the love from me always. I will be the one to protect you, to take care of you, to prove to other people that we can live happily. Trust me, Minami.” He take my hands and pull me into his arms. I burst so hard and he tighten his hug around me.

I reached home 15 minutes ago and Eddie told me to think about his proposal carefully. He even mention that if I agree to accept him, I will have to talk to mommy and daddy about it in advance and the rest, Eddie will come and meet them for the other details. I have a bad feeling about this. I don’t think daddy will allow but mommy..

She is different now. I don’t know her anymore. She is now someone else who is materialistically sending her kids away and treating us like dictators. Hyunki oppa is going to marry Shizuka in the future. That was what I heard a few years ago. Daddy is trying to clear everything he has done and reconcile with us but mommy is still being airheaded for not forgiving his mistakes. Now, I found Oh Hyunki’s deceased certificate and I’m is his twin. I’m one year older than what I know. So, who is Lee Hyunki?

Maru approached me and I saw Hyunki oppa walking down the stairs with Takuya. “Miss Minami. Madam Sofea informed us that she wants to take both of you to a place.”

“For?”

“She wants to show you two something. That is only what she have said. We have to leave now.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter