Not again - Minami

Little Apples ( Sequel to Sorry, I can't be with you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Looks like the new kid is not going to come.” Says the Head of Discipline department. “And school is almost end.”

“I give the rest to all of you. Please handle it for me.” I said and grabbed my bag from the locker in the student council’s office.

“Where are you going? You are going back home this early?”

“No. I’m going to see why Hana didn’t come to school today. I leave the others to you guys. Thank you!” I said; putting on shoes.

Takuya and Akira haven’t give me any reports about Hana’s background family so I’m going to do it now. I took a cab down towards the boutique. I push the door inwards and finding there are nobody in the shop. I mean no customer.

“Yes, how can I help you?” A sales girl approach me.

“I’m looking for a girl name Hana. Is she here?” I ask but before the girl reply, Hana came out from the staff room with a few fabrics in her hands. “Hana!”

She turns around and surprised that I’m standing not far from her. “What are you doing here?” She asks.

“To see you. Can I have a moment?”

“Urm, sure. Please come inside.”

We walk into the staff room and the woman I saw last night is there, sewing a dress and some other tailors are busy doing their jobs. “Who is it, Hana?” The woman asks her.

“He is my classmate. He came to see me.”

“I see. It is nice to see you. I’m Hana’s mother.” She rises from her chair and walks to me. She reach out her hand and I take with a shake.

“I’m Hyunki. And..?”

“You can call me Aunty. I hear many things about you from my daughter. Thank you for looking after her in school. I hope it won’t be a burden to you.”

“Oh, it is fine. I don’t mind.”

“Please. Take your time with Hana. Hana please bring him something to drink.”

“It’s okay, Hana. I will make it short because I can’t be here long.” I said. Hana nod her head and bring me into her room. I look around and it is pretty small to fit in three person in one time.

“Make yourself comfortable in my bedroom.”

“You live here?”

“Em. Mother couldn’t afford to buy a house. The owner of this shop allow us to stay wherever we want while taking care of her business. It is good enough to get a shelter.” Says Hana. It is true. She is not from the rich family and she is so poor to afford a house.

Hana came with a glass of plain water for me. It is enough. I have to understand her situation. “What makes you come here? And how do you know I live here?”

“I saw you here last night. So I came for a visit after I didn’t get any messages about skipping classes. You told us that you are coming to the office but you never showed up. I had to do something.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t inform you. I have to skip today because there is a tailor couldn’t come to work. She is sick and she was in charge of cutting the fabrics. We are shorthanded and I have to give them a help if not we will get fired.”

“I see. Oh and here. I have something for you.” I my bag and takes out today’s note. I give my notes to Hana and she looks happy for it.

“Thank you! You shouldn’t have done. I have troubled you so much. Thank you.” She smiles at me showing a small half of her dimple.

“Hana! Hana!” Her mother calls and Hana rush to her mother. Before I could stand up, I received a call from mommy.

“Hello?”

“Hyunki, come home early. We will have a small party tonight.” Says mommy. Okay…. But I still have lots of work to do.

“But, I have to go back to school. Mountain of work to be done. I’m at my friend’s house any way.”

“What are you doing there?”

“She was absent so I have to give her today’s note.”

“Okay. Make sure to be at home early.”

“Fine.”

Mommy hang up the call and I put back my phone into my pocket. I sling my bag onto my shoulders but then my eyes caught a beautiful dream catcher hanging on the wall. It is very nice.

“Who made that?” I ask, pointing at the dream catcher.

“Me and my mom.”

“It is really nice.”

Hana climb onto her stool and put down the dream catcher. She then give it to me. “You can have this. As a gratitude for the notes you have given to me.”

“But you don’t have to.”

“Just take it.” She take my hand and put the dream catcher onto my palm. I feel electric flows into my vessels. Not just that, my heartbeat increases from it's normal rate.

“Thank you” I said. I bid goodbyes to Hana and her mother and Hana send me out of the shop.

“I’m sorry for not entertain you that much.” Says Hana.

“It’s okay. I know you are busy. Are you coming to school tomorrow?”

“If we have settle everything here, I will.”

“Okay, good luck.”

 

I reach home and greeted by a few maids waiting for me at the hall. “I’m back.” I said.

“Welcome.. home.. Hyun-ki oppa (older brother Hyunki)” Minami greet as Maru push her wheelchair to me.

“You are back! You are finally back!” I throw away my bag somewhere on the floor and kneel down to hug Minami. She is so cold. She has a beanie on her head and a mafela around her neck. Minami has a hard time talking so she just nod her head to me. “I’m happy to see you around again!”

She pat my back twice as if she meant with ‘Me too’ and smile at me. “I’m glad to be home earlier. Mommy, you should have told me that you are throwing a party for Minami.”

“If I don’t, you would come too. You won’t disobey me.” Mommy smiles at me. “By the way Hyunki, grandma and grandpa won’t be around for a few weeks. They went back to their hometown for some honeymoon. So just the two of you and the guards will be around.”

“Okay..”

Suddenly, Oh Sehun.. I mean daddy appear from the main door. “Hey Minami! You are back. It is tough to stay in the hospital isn’t it?” He slide down from the door and gives a peck on Minami’s forehead. That scares me a little seeing him in his entrepreneur appearance slide like there's a hip hop show.

He stands on his feet and reach out a fist. We did a brofist and he ruffles my hair. He walks to mommy and she hugs him as a welcome greet. We didn’t say that much. He knows that I haven’t adjust to this situation yet. Thanks dad. I will try my best to open up for you more. And be more comfortable when you are around.

“Where’s my bag?” I look around the floor and one of the maids hand me my bag. “Oh, thanks.”

I ruffle my hand into my bag and found the dream catcher that Hana gave earlier. Minami will like it. She likes this kind of thing. “Look what I have here” I said and gave her the dream catcher.

“It..ihs.. nice..” She smiles. I have my index finger spin around, signaling to Maru to push her back towards the dining hall.

“Minami, let me hang this first.” I said, taking the dream catcher from her. I hang it near the sliding door and it caught lots of attention from everyone in the room.

“Hyunki, where did you get that?” Suddenly daddy asks me and his eyes are like shooting glares at me as if he is angry when I hang that dream catcher.

“I got it from my classmate. Why?” I reply him. The aura became tense and everyone fell into silence, as daddy didn’t say anything. He just stare at the dream catcher and his eyes don’t seem to agree with me hanging this thing in the house but he didn’t ask me to put it down either.

This is suspicious. Why is his eyes burning in rage when he saw the dream catcher? Have I done something that insult him? I feel uncomfortable with this. Suddenly, Minami grab my sleeve. I think I just my lower lips multiple times and she realise that I’m not in a comfortable state of mind.

“I will take it down.” I said. I grab the nearest chair that I used earlier and was about to take it down but mommy and daddy stop me.

“Don’t. Leave it just like that.” Says daddy. He quickly avert his eyes away from the dream catcher and change the topic. He walk to where Minami is and help her move from the wheelchair to the chair at the dining table. Maru take her wheelchair away and the security team disappear from the dining hall.

While we munch the food, mommy couldn’t stop looking at the dream catcher. “Hyunki, your friend is so kind to give you a present. Maybe, you can invite him next time for a dinner with us. Is that okay?”

“My friend is a girl.” I said and someone dropped a spoon on the table and everybody turn to the source of the sound. It was Minami.

“Are you okay, honey?” Mommy asks. Minami nod her head but she never leave her eyes off from the metal spoon. I think I know what she is trying to say.

“I think the spoon is too heavy for her to hold.” Says daddy.

“I feed you. Get me a new spoon for me.” I told the maid and she quickly get me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter