You are giving her hopes - Minami

Little Apples ( Sequel to Sorry, I can't be with you)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Mommy asks us to walk around the town and have a look at the international school not far from grandma’s house. The atmosphere is pretty good but it is only outside of the school. Though, I can feel the good and beautiful scenery of the school’s botanical garden. I glance at Minami and she is glancing at me too.

“Will it be alright? For us to come to a foreign place and will they accept us?” She asks. Minami look scared because she is not that socialize with other kids but she is not a cold-hearted girl.

“Thinking about leaving Japan is somehow making me sad. I just love our old place.”

“Me too.. But Mommy wants us to stay with her here. In Korea.”

“Sir and Miss Lee. We can go into the school if you wish to. We have already informed about your visit but it is your choice not to come too.” Says Maru, who is standing behind me.

“Maybe not today. I need to think this again. I think we should make a move now.” I said and Maru opens the backdoor of the car for me and the other bodyguard open for Minami.

“Where are we heading now Sir?”

“Aunt YLee’s house please. Her parents’ house.”

The journey didn’t take long and we reach Aunt YLee’s old folks home. The house look rather calm and quiet. Looks like this house has been left for so many years. The lawn are not well trimmed. Suddenly the door clicked open and Aunt YLee appears.

“Oh? We have guests?” She pushes the glasses above her nose and gives us an assuring smile. “I didn’t know you would be here. Come in, kids.” She opens the gate for us and we walk into her house.

“Sorry for coming without earlier notice. I didn’t know aunty will be here. It quite surprised me just now.” I said and took a seat at the old couch. It looks old but so comfortable. I can sleep on this thing for life!

I snap my inner god down on his lazy sofa so that he won’t disturb my concentration. I need to find a reason why I’m sitting in this living hall now. For a second thought, I can’t see Shizuka or Uncle Sato anywhere.

“Sorry for the crappy looks here, Hyunki. We are about to do some cleaning.” Says Aunt YLee. “Why are you two here? Sofea didn’t tell me that you are coming.”

“Mommy didn’t know. We just want to drop by for a while but then I didn’t know you would be around.” I said but my eyes are everywhere around Aunt YLee.

“You must be looking for Shizuka. She is somewhere in the house with her father. Hahah, cleaning some stuffs.” She chuckles. I smile at her and nod my head. Shizuka is here you dumb kid! You are so happy, I know!! You missed your girlfriend! I snap my inner god away, again. He is really disturbing!

I was about to open my mouth and suddenly Uncle Sato pops out from a room at the end of the narrow hallway and follow by Shizuka. Uncle in his apron suits him well.

“Oh, Hyunki! Minami! You two are here. I didn’t know.” Uncle started. Minami and I will always converse in Japanese with Uncle Sato and Shizuka but sometimes I will speak English or Korean with Shizuka.

“Yes. How are you uncle?” Minami asks.

“I’m looking good. Don’t worry about me.” Says Uncle Sato while wiping his sweaty forehead.

“Hyunki!” Shizuka squeal, dropping the tools on the floor and run to me.

“Yo~”

She sling her arms around my neck and hug me tightly, taking me by surprise. Ohhh… Minami’s eyes widened at the sudden contact and she gave me a ‘What the heck’ look.

“Great to see you.” Says Shizuka.

“Yeah, good to see you too.” Shizuka let go her hands off me. She reach out her hand to shake with Minami and Minami take her hand, and I saw her face looks bitter.

“Do you want something to drink, Hyunki and Minami?” Asks aunty.

“Oh no, it’s okay. We are going soon.”

“Hyunki, I’m happy to see you around. I will be very glad if we can get into the same class.” Says Shizuka.

“Same class? What do you mean same class?”

“Eh? You don’t know? Mama, Papa and I will be living in Korea from now on.”

I look puzzled at Shizuka’s word and turn to Minami. Minami is looking clueless too. So, does that mean… Mommy wants to move in here because Aunt YLee’s family is moving in too? Oh now I know why she is very insistence to move out of Japan.

“I see” My voice is barely audible. I ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter