I Want You To Be Honest

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dorky

Youngjae knew you two had a moment back in Mokpo for the wedding. It was fun for him to hang out with you, just you two, after such a long time. He was sad that he wouldn't get another opportunity like that again. You had JB and he... he made a choice in the past. The both of you continued to chat as friends and it was already known amongst GOT7 that you and Youngjae were best friends only after 5 months. No one knew about the both of you back then and you and Youngjae wanted it that way. However, the both of you knew the flame hadn't been burned out yet and honestly, you two were confused about it but acted normal since you two didn't want to risk anything.

One night, everyone was in the dorm. You and Youngjae were on your laptops while JB and Jackson were playing video games. The four of you were in the living room while the rest were chilling in their rooms since it was already night time. You got bored after and so turned your laptop off. Heaving a sigh, you stretched your arms up then looked at JB who was still into his video game.

"JB oppa yah~" you called out but he didn't answer.

Youngjae looked up from the laptop screen and saw that JB was totally absorbed in the game.

"Oppa..." you called out again, this time sounding softer because you were feeling sad.

"Hyung, Sora is---" Youngjae spoke up but was cut off.

"Hold on!" JB snapped as he started pushing the buttons on his console more furiously.

You leaned back against the sofa and sighed again, a little louder so JB would notice but to your dismay, he didn't even turn around.

"He's really into games, Sora. He's just like that," Youngjae explained.

You were the kind of girl who didn't really expect much from a guy. However, when JB totally ignored you just because of a video game, you couldn't help but question your relationship with him.

"I'm leaving," you said angrily as you placed your laptop inside your backpack.

"So soon?" Jackson asked, his eyes glued onto the screen still.

"Yeah, I see that JB is occupied," you scoffed as you wore on your shoes.

"Ugh... Hyung..." Youngjae called out but JB continued to ignore him.

"Sora, come on, lets walk around," he whispered as he wore on his shoes as well.

"Its okay, I'm just going to go home," you answered, trying to sound as nice as possible with your bad mood.

"You and I both know that the moment you're alone when you're feeling angry or sad, you're either going to cry tons or do math sums all night. You need to let off some steam first and we both know you can do that by taking a walk and talking about the problem," he argued in a hushed tone as he opened the door and stepped to the side for you to go out.

"I'm not taking no for an answer. I've let you cry enough," he pressed on and you sighed in reply, knowing he was stubborn about it.

You looked to the side to see JB still engrossed with his game, making you even sadder and angrier.

"Fine," you groaned.

Youngjae knew he didn't really stand out in the crowd, especially when he wasn't with s so he just wore on a snapback with his glasses which he rarely wore since he owned contacts after joining JYPE. The both of you were walking and smiled when there was a night market open. You looked at him and he looked at you.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" you two said in unison.

"STREET FOOD!" you both screamed.

Unconsciously, Youngjae held your hand and you held on tighter as you two rushed across to get to it. You both went from stall to stall, eating the delicious street food while walking hand in hand.

"God! That was fun!" you squealed as you on your ice cream which was the last food item of the night.

"Gosh, we should do this again!" Youngjae chirped as he bit his ice cream a little.

Then there was an awkward silence. Youngjae realised that it wasn't really right to do it again. However, then he realised something else that was wrong. He looked down and tensed up when he realised that he was still holding your hand.

"Youngjae..." you called out and he quickly let go of you, sliding his hand into the pocket in his varsity jacket.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I swear. Its kind of a... habit," he explained.

"I know... Its okay," you said with a reassuring smile which helped him relax.

He walked you to your house and stood still as you unlocked your gate.

"I'd invite you in but... its 11 o'clock and your members are going to worry if you stayed out too long," you said and he shook his head.

"No, need to feel bad. I'm going to get going then," he said but just then, your phone rang.

You held it out and stood still when you saw JB's picture shown on your phone. Youngjae let out a sigh, his feelings for you was getting in the way so being the usual him, he decided to do what was right.

"You should answer, Sora," he said, not realy meaning it.

However, you didn't and after a few seconds, it stopped ringing.

"Did you mean what you said?" you asked.

"Huh?" he asked.

"That I should've answered," you replied, not thinking straight.

Youngjae didn't answer and hung his head low for a while before looking back at you. You started recalling the past few months you two spent together. You didn't really spen dmost of your time with him but whenever you two hung out, it was like you never wanted it to stop.

"I want to ask you something, Youngjae and I want you to be honest," you said and he nodded hesitantly.

"Do you... Do you still have feelings for me?" you asked and his breath stood still for a few seconds before he spoke up.