Choi Youngjae

The Got7 Series: Loving Mr. Dorky

You walked under the magical lights which hung from post to post, watching the sweet couples spending time together. Suddenly, someone came up behind you and closed your eyes. You started laughing as you placed your hands on his, knowing who it was. He spun you around and you opened your eyes to see JB, grinning at you from ear to ear.

"How did you know it was me?!" he asked dramatically, making you laugh even more.

"I could sense you from a mile away?" you said, accidentally using your dialect.

"Sense you from a mile away?" he imitated you and you punched him lightly on his chest.

"Yah~" you whined and he gave you a quick kiss on your forehead as an apology.

He quickly wrapped his scarf up, slightly covering his mouth so no one would recognise him.

"I can't believe its 2015," you sighed, feeling a little bittersweet.

"Come on, I had no regrets for 2014," he said as he slid his hand into yours.

"Really?... Huh... Why?"  you asked cheekily.

JB knew where you getting at and decided to tease you.

"Well, I debuted that year..." he said.

"And?" you asked, trying to get him to say what you wanted to hear.

"I created lyrics to one of the songs in the A album," he said with a chuckle and you pouted your lips.

"Yah..." he called out your name firmly and you looked at him blurly.

"But... you were the best thing that happened to me last year," he said with a smile.

You pressed your bottom lip but knowing you couldn't contain your smile, you attempted to look away. Laughing at your child-like antics, he spun you back to face him and again, you pressed your lips harder, making him laugh more. Seeing him smile and laugh, you couldn't help it but do the same.

"I love you, dork~" he said as he patted your head.

"Yah, pabo! I love you!" Youngjae said with a bright smile on his face.

"You okay?" JB asked suddenly, bringing you back to reality.

"Huh? Oh yeah..." you answered as you tucked in your front hairs behind your ears, an old habit of yours when you're feeling flustered..

"Oh! I almost forgot... I told the members about you," JB said suddenly and your eyes widened.

"And?" you asked, afraid of his friends' reactions.

"They are dying to meet you!" he said and it felt as though the world was lifted off your shoulders.

"Thank god..." you sighed as you  leaned your forehead on his arm for a while.

"How can anyone hate you, Sora? You're just that type of girl everyone likes!" JB said reassuringly.

"Really?" you asked shamelessly and JB replied with a chuckle as he started to ruffle your hair with his fingers.

"Yah! Agh~" you whined as you started throwing weak punches aimlessly in front of you.

 

THE NEXT MORNING...

Youngjae finally woke up and realised as per usual, he was the only one in the bedroom. With a long yawn, he came out and saw to his surprise that Yugyeom, Mark, Bambam and Jackson were back home. They were chilling on the sofa when they saw Youngjae's sleepy face.

"Oh gosh... I totally miss that face," Mark joked in his husky voice.

"GUYS!!!" Youngjae chirped as he jumped onto Mark and Jackson who were on the sofa before crawling down and attacking the maknaes with hugs and kisses.

"EWWW!" everyone yelled and Youngjae laughed as he got off of Yugyeom who was showing him a look of disgust.

"Yah, did you know how peaceful it was in the dorm?" JB asked as he got out from the kitchen.

"I thought you went back home too?" Jackson asked.

"Yeah but I came back to town earlier because of... you know who," he said sheepsihly.

"EEEIIIIIIII!!!!" everyone teased making JB blush even more.

"Um... since the Jr. is coming back home later in the afternoon, I was wondering if I could bring her over later tonight," he said and everyone went wild.

"YES!!! BRING HER HERE!" everyone shouted.

"... Please... I wanted to say 'Please don't be weird' but I know that's too much to ask so please just... don't scare her," JB sighed.

"What's her name?! How can you bring her over and not tell us her name?!" Jackson asked, stumbling on some words which made everyone laugh since he wasn't fluent in Korean.

"Yeah, hyung! Tell us!" Bambam said cutely.

"No way! She doesn't know annything about you guys so its fair if you guys don't know anything about her," JB said firmly as he sat down beside Youngjae.

"Ugh... You're so sweet that I'm getting diabetes," Yugyeom said, receiving a light slap from JB.

"Well, I guess we've all been like that, right? We all have had relationships before... except you two kids though," Mark said as he pointed at tthe two maknaes who nodded sadly in reply.

"But Youngjae hyung told us he never had a girlfriend before," Yugyeom said as he pointed at Youngjae.

"Oh yeah~" everyone said in unison and Youngjae simply nodded, acting sad.

"You really never had a girlfriend?" Jackson asked as he stared intently at Youngjae.

He shook his head firmly.

"The closest I got was a crush... nothing more," Youngjae lied easily.

"Wow..." JB said in disbelief and Youngjae looked at him and smiled.

"But I'm happy for you, Hyung!" Youngjae exclaimed as he attacked him with a side hug.

 

MEANWHILE...

You looked at the medium sized yellow box which had haunted you for the past few years. With a sigh, you slowly opened the lid and instantly, your mind was floodeed with memories of you and Youngjae. The first thing that caught your eye was the many polaroids you two took together. You had the lighter in your hand but yet, you weren't ready to burn them. No matter how much you hated Youngjae, somehow, something in you is still holding onto him as if he was going to come back to you. Defeated, you placed the polaroids back in and closed the lid like the many thousand times before and placed it under your bed. Just then, the vibration of your phone of your study table caught your attention. You smiled when you saw the picture of you and JB pop up on your screen. You opened the text message JB sent you and let out a chuckle.

"The guys are psyched to see you! Dress nicely BUT HEY... don't dress so nicely because no man is allowed to stare at you! ^^"

"Pfft~ This kid..." you said to yourself as you placed the phone back down.

"Yah... You're never going to leave me, right?" you asked as you leaned your head on his shoulder.

"Never..." he replied.

"Can't believe I believed you back then," you said to yourself as you let out a sniffle.

"But! Its okay! I have JB now! I'm just going to move on... like how you're moving on..." you said to yourself, trying to calm yourself down.

 

LATER ON...

Youngjae was on the mattress, browsing through the net for the most randomest stuff, hoping there was something funny he could laugh at. Suddenly, he accidentally clicked on a button which led him to his gallery. He scrolled through when he spotted a folder which contained photos of you and him. He bit his bottom lip as his heart skipped a beat when he saw your name as the folder's name. Seeing how he forgotten all about it, he opened it and the first picture he saw was what used to be his background picture for his phone. It was a photo of you squatting on the floor and laughing so hard just after seeing a cute looking mini car. Youngjae found it cute and thus took a picture of it. He recalled his bright smiles every time he turned his phone on as the first thing he saw was your smiling face. However, JB suddenly came in and Youngjae exited the folder and turned his laptop off in a flash.

"What are you doing?" he asked as he took a seat beside Youngjae but he faced his wardrobe.

"Just... social media," Youngjae replied.

"Ugh... What should I wear?" JB groaned as he stood up and looked at his clothes more intently.

"Hyung, I'm sure she wouldn't mind it even if you wore a tank top and shorts," I said.

"... What kind of girl wouldn't mind that?" he asked in disbelief.

"... Yeah, you're right. Aigoo, Hyung just... wear something comfortable. We'll be in the dorm anyway!" Youngjae argued.

"Ah~ You're right...  but I'm going to wear black because it looks more slimming," JB said as he picked out black clothes.

"Slimming? Tsk, tsk, tsk... What slimming do you need?" Youngjae mumbled as he placed his laptop aside.