. Secrets and Cigarettes

Nicotine

Soohyun heard the baby crying.

"Jinhwan, can you grab the baby? I'm busy cleaning." she yelled over the sounds of the child's distress. Soon enough, he came hopping down the stairs with baby Min Young resting her head on his shoulder.

"I swear, this babysitting job is going to be the death of me."

"It's 20 dollars an hour, I think we can do it." she laughed, pinching the baby's cheeks before wiping the table. "Mrs. Choi is going to be here any minute, so go stand by the door." she commanded, absorbed in her unnecessary cleaning of the already spotless apartment.

"Only if you give me a kiss first." he smiled proudly, leaning close to her face. She puckered her lips and smooched the top of Min Young's head, gently pushing Jinhwan away teasingly. "Oh, you are going to be sorry you did that." he smirked, walking over to the door just as the bell rang.

Once he came back with the money in his hand, he slapped it onto the counter and walked towards her. "You know, you drive me really crazy." he grinned, messing up her hair. "I wish you were this ecstatic about school, but I've seen your grades. Education before me," she warned, and he groaned at her motherly behavior.

"Princess, nothing comes before you."

"That's sweet. Now go change," she chuckled, shoving his uniform in the small gap between their lips. He frowned and grabbed the hangar, pulling the clothes off one by one. Slowly, he took his clothes off directly in front of her. "You know, I'll never get used to this." Soohyun muttered, shaking her head.

"Oh, you better. It'll be happening quite often." He slipped the uniform on and brushed his nose on hers. That had become a habit from the past couple of months, as a sign saying I wish I could just snuggle and kiss and hug you and never let go.

They were acting like a married couple, but it still made their hearts race whenever they see each other smile. And there were fireworks when their lips touched, and Jinhwan's always hinted of a little nicotine. But Soohyun loved it, and she wouldn't have it any other way.

She intertwined their fingers and walked to the door. Jinhwan opened it, but they were greeted by two men in blue blazers and police ID tags. "Kim Jinhwan? We have the information that you requested."

He widened his eyes and let go of Soohyun's hand, pushing her back inside while trapping himself on the other side of the door with the officers. "Hold on, princess. I'll meet you in there in just a couple of minutes!" he yelled and led the two men far away from Soohyun's apartment.

One person handed Jinhwan a yellow folder, enclosed inside were documents. "The Lee family's records are there, including their phone records. May I ask why you need too see this?" he questioned, crossing his arms curiously. "I just need to do a favor for a friend," he lied, not bothering to look at the officer. He was too mesmerized by the crime scene photo to notice Lee Soohyun walking down the hallway.

"Kim Jinhwan!" she yelled, and he shoved the entire envelope into his backpack as the officers left. "Oh, sorry, princess. I just needed to look into something." he sighed, scratching the back of his head with his hand and grabbing her wrist with the other. "Come on, let's go to school."

Soohyun stared at him, knowing that he wasn't providing the complete truth, but she knew better than to push it out of him right now. She could only twitch a smile as she watched him stressfully light a cigarette.

 
His gaze shifted over her and straight ahead, but then did a double take on her face. "Soohyun, are you sure you're okay with me smoking?"
 
After seeing it again, she started to reconsider the idea of nicotine-flavored kisses. "Not really," she shifted uncomfortably, her hand starting to sweat in his. "You could get lung cancer and lose the bet. And Jinhwan, right now, I don't want either of us to give up on this bet. So please be careful, because I don't want to be alone."
 
Jinhwan threw the cigarette into the trash can and kissed the top of her head. "Okay, I'll stop." he replied, slinging his arm around her shoulders to pull her closer. "But only if you promise not to leave again, either."
 
Holding out his pinky, she connected hers and they touched thumbs, Jinhwan kissing her lips at the exact same time their fingers collided.
 
"There, now it's sealed."
 
Hey guys! I want to take a moment to thank eveybody that subscribed and left such nice comments! It really motivates me to continue writing, and I'll try to update daily. 💋 - kpopidiots26