. He Isn't Dying

Nicotine

Double update for all my bootiful subscribers...but this is it bc I haven't written anyting oOPS 😂 - kpopidiots26 💋

 

"Were you awake this whole time?" Soohyun asked, angrily pouting as Jinhwan sat up.

He nodded and chuckled, grabbing her hand. "Your singing was beautiful." Soohyun groaned and covered her face, shying away from him. "If it makes it any better, I only woke up 2 hours ago." She shook her head. "No, it doesn't make it any better." 

"I see you've met my girlfriend, Mrs. Min." he said through the curtain, and they both laughed. "She's so pretty. Hold on to her, you rotten boy." she teased as he pulled the curtain back. "Yes, Mrs. Min."

"Wait, so —" Soohyun started, uncovering her face. "Yes, I tricked you. Sorry," he interrupted, kissing her hand. She slapped his shoulder and he flinched, retracting back like a little boy. "Do you know how worried I was? God!" she heaved, standing up and adjusting her purse on her shoulder.

Jinhwan pulled her back and she squealed as she tumbled next to him. He wrapped his arm around her waist and brought their bodies closer, his face snuggling into her neck. "I said I'm sorry," he mumbled sweetly, tracing circles on her forearm with his thumb. "You're such an ," she retorted, lightly hitting his hand.

They had stayed like that until a team of nurses and a doctor came to run some tests on Jinhwan. "I'll be fine." he reassured her, patting her wrist as they wheeled him away. She waved at him, knowing that he couldn't see it. "And I'll be here."

"You don't know why they took him away, do you?" Mrs. Min quietly asked, staring up at the ceiling blankly. Soohyun stepped towards her and shook her head. "They just needed to run some tests." she answered, suspiciously watching the old woman.

The woman shook her head as well, letting Soohyun know that what she was told wasn't everything. "Then explain it to me. What are the tests for? He was just playing a trick on them because he was waiting for me."

"Your love is so innocent. So pure," Mrs. Min cooed, "and so fatal."

Soohyun was growing frustrated with her and backed out of the room. She stopped a nurse by grabbing him on the arm. "Kim Jinhwan," she said, pointing towards the room, "that patient. What's wrong with him?" The question was so blunt and direct that the nurse was shocked.

"Please!"

He nodded, entering the room and returning with a clipboard in his hands. "Are you his relative?" he asked catiously, flipping the page without glancing up. "Yes, I am." Oh, the lies. His eyes scanned the page and his expressions drooped with sadness. He looked up at her.

The nurse opened his mouth to say something, but the squeaking of Jinhwan's bed's wheels interrupted him. Soohyun looked at the surface, and a blanket was draped across his body. "Jinhwan," she called as she recognized the doctor that had taken him. His arm fell out from the blanket and hung limp on the side, a clear tube taped to it to supply nutrients.

"Jinhwan!"

Before she even realized, she was running alongside the bed until they reached the operating room. "Operating room?" she asked the anesthesiologist. Everybody ignored her, and they swarmed around, prepping for brain surgery.

Soohyun screamed.

The staff stopped and looked at her, hesitating to put their hands under the running water to rinse. "Somebody, just tell me what happened. You're not even allowed to operate without the consent of family." Soohyun pleaded, clinging onto one of the doctor's coats.

"We already received confirmation from your father."

The entire world seemed to stop. His father. Jinhwan said his dad died. Did he really not know, or was he lying? No, no secrets were hidden from Soohyun. Jinhwan never knew.

She turned around and a man was standing in the doorway in a crisp, clean suit. He looked like a business mogul, and the doctor nodded at him. "Look, your father had signed the papers already. Okay? And your brother is dying, so we need you to leave."

He stabbed Soohyun in the heart with his piercing words. How could such a ruthless word come from a man that supposedly saves the human race? No, Jinhwan was not dying. She wouldn't believe it. There was nothing wrong with him at all. 

Security escorted her outside, her body still frozen in shock. Jinhwan wasn't dying. It was just a bad fever. He said he was going to be okay. He promised he was going to be.

Yet there he was, lying in the middle of the metal room with a blue blanket strung across his entire body. Soohyun didn't know what to believe anymore; it was as if everything she's ever known has been a lie.

She thought that she knew everything about Jinhwan, but the deeper she got, the more of a mystery he became. He has a father. He's dying. And he broke his promises.

Glaring at his father, she marched up and slapped him in the face. "So you're Jinhwan's father, eh? Nice of you to show up now, especially when he's been living his life thinking you were dead. And now he's sedated on a cold metal table with people inserting tools into his head because of your mistake."

The man only laughed. How could he be so merciless?

"He isn't who you think he is, honey. That Jinhwan you are talking about isn't my Jinhwan. Mine is 32 years old, sweetheart, and his last name is Lee. Now try slapping me again."

His cockiness was irritating, but Soohyun pushed it aside. She could breath, she realized. So there were 2 Jinhwans in the same hospital in Canada. It didn't seem plausible, but she took whatever she was given. Jinhwan wasn't in danger, and everything was going to be alright in the end.

Soohyun jogged to the receptionist desk with a smile of relief on her face. "Where is the patient Kim Jinhwan right now?" The old woman rapidly slid her fingers over her keyboard, her pupils dilating as they darted across the screen.

"He just went in for brain surgery, ma'am."

Soohyun shook her head and chuckled. "No, not Lee Jinhwan. Kim Jinhwan." she replied, wrapping her palm around the back of her neck. The woman stared at Soohyun incredulously.

"Ma'am, there is only one Jinhwan registered in this hospital, and he's in brain surgery."

 The mysterious man had disappeared, and they started they operation.