. Maybe the Rain Isn't So Bad After All

Nicotine

It was storming outside. The rain attacked the windows of Soohyun's house like a machine gun on rapid fire. In addition, she had to walk to school.

There were no umbrellas in her apartment, she had no money, and her jacket was only thick enough for a slight breeze. She unlocked her door and stepped outside, locking the door with her key. Before she could, two hands pushed her back inside of her house, and she let out a squeak.

"Princess, I'm not letting you go outside in this weather."

She turned around and jumped at the sight of Jinhwan, who had that playful smirk etched onto his face. His hair had shimmering droplets cascading down his face, and his clothes were drenched. "Jinhwan, you'll get sick. Take those clothes off, I'll lend you my brother's old ones."

"Oh, eager, are we?" he teased, peeling the damp coat away from his arms. She punched his stomach and for a second, she knocked the wind out of him. "Shut up and take your clothes off."

"If you insist."

"No, not here, you idiot!" she screamed, shielding her eyes with her hands. He chuckled and pushed her hands down, bringing his face close to hers. A drop of water fell onto her cheek. "You might want to watch what words you use, or else we'll go beyond the point of no return." There was an impending sense of iness in his voice that made Soohyun squeal in her mind. She was going crazy.

"Is your brother here?" he asked, cautious not to leave a bad impression on any of her family members. "No, he hasn't been here for 6 years." she replied nonchalantly, throwing his jacket into the washing machine. "Oh."

"He died. Brain tumor. Barely knew him though, so I was able to get over it easily. Here, see if this shirt fits you." She tossed a shirt and he caught it, slipping the wet shirt over his head. "And also, here's his shor —"

Soohyun screamed.

Jinhwan had not put his shirt on yet, and by the time she turned around, he had taken a step closer. "You're being awfully open to me, Soohyun. Are you sure about this?" he smiled, raising an eyebrow as he backed her against the wall. "I'm just watching out for you. As a friend." she stuttered, subconsciously raising her hands to cover his face.

He sighed and pulled her hands down again, repeating the actions from a few moments ago. "I told you, we're going past the point of no return, princess. Either take it or leave it. Your choice." Soohyun was too mesmerized by his perfectly chiseled figure, which was standing awkwardly close to her. His chest was practically pressing against her shoulder

 "I guess...I'll take it."

He smiled brightly, his eyes creasing into a crescent themselves. He backed away and threw the shirt over his head. "J-Jinhwan, we really have to get to school." Soohyun spoke slowly, the past 6 minutes flashing before her eyes. "I told you, we're not going to school today. It's terrible outside, I can't risk you getting hurt." 

She smiled shyly, tapping her index fingers together and giggling. "What?" he laughed lightly, grabbing a towel and rubbing his hair frantically. "Nothing," she sighed happily, turning on her heel and heading towards the kitchen. "Oh, I get it." he chuckled, following her eagerly.

"You like when I'm protective."

"Maybe," she shrugged, grabbing a glass from the cabinet. At the moment, was running dry. "You like when I act like a boyfriend, don't you?" he teased, reaching over her to close the cabinet. She didn't respond; if he wanted to play, she would, too.

"Do you want me to be your boyfriend?" he asked curiously, grabbing her shoulders to face him. "I don't know, do you want to be my boyfriend?" Jinhwan smiled proudly, but cleared his throat and stood up straight while shoving his hands in his pockets. A usual habit, Soohyun noticed.

"I mean, only if you want me to."

"No, only if you want to."

"If you want me to."

"If you want to."

"If. You. Want. Me. To."

"If. You. Want. To."

Their faces grew closer with every word. "You know, you're kind of y when you act stubborn." he whispered, brushing her cheek with his thumb again. This time, she wasn't going to act shy. She was just getting started.

"You're always y, it's just your stubbornness that adds to the fire, Jinhwan...oppa." she smirked, placing her hand on his chest. "I don't think I can take this anymore," he groaned, closing his eyes. "Take what, oppa?"

He cupped her face with both hands and hungrily attached his lips to hers. Jinhwan's lips were soft, just as Soohyun imagined ever since she met him.

Tender, warm, and absolutely exquisite.

Just like that, the rebel had stolen the broken girl's first kiss.

And she didn't even know that she has just done the same for him.