. Stupid Memories

Nicotine

Hey, guys! I'm posting twice today to make up for the short updates. 😂💋 - kpopidiots26

 

Of all the places Jinhwan could've picked, it had to be the one place Soohyun despised the most.

Canada.

Maybe it was a test to see if she loved him enough, and she did, but the reason remained a mystery.

Canada was the first vacation spot her family traveled to together, and it was where they first discovered her brother's sickness. Jinhwan never knew that, so then this wasn't a test. Soohyun ruled out all of the extraterrestrial possibilities and focused on the probable ones. As she finished packing, a memory clicked in her mind.

Jinhwan talked about visiting Canada since they became partners. It was where his mother was, and she was the first woman in his life. Soohyun had promised that she would take him one day, if he was patient enough for both of them to graduate. Soohyun glanced at her calendar and practically jumped out of her clothes. How could she forget that they were graduating tomorrow? But she realized that Jinhwan couldn't wait any longer, but he needed her to go with him. And Soohyun was complying.

Once she met him, what would she say?

That she was sorry?

But being the smart aleck he was, Jinhwan would make her explain herself. After all this time, he wouldn't rip his walls down so easily without a valid reason. This argument was different; their families were involved. And she wasn't going to forgive him for reading her files, either, but they had to start somewhere.

And that starting point was Quebec, Canada.

Soohyun reached for her wrist to get the reassuring feeling of the threaded bracelet that Jinhwan gave to her on the school roof, but it wasn't there. He took it, she remembered. She needed that bracelet back, because that bracelet meant everything to him. And if he gave it to Soohyun, that meant that she was his world. No, his universe.

She was soaring through the stars on the plane, the clouds a navy blue against the charcoal black night. Everything she observed reminded her of Jinhwan, so much that it was almost ridiculous. The twinkling stars looked like his eyes, always shining when he smiled at her. There was a stain on the seat in front of her, and it was spreading so quickly, like his smirk when he . The woman next to her had an reddish-orange handbag, and it looked like the broken leaf that she picked up when she first met Jinhwan.

That stupid day was the thing that got them into this mess, and after all of the crap they had gone through, Soohyun still loved Jinhwan all the same. 

Her eyes fluttered closed, and an image of Jinhwan's lips imprinted itself onto the back of her eyelids.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Are you on the connecting flight, or are you getting off here? We have landed in Canada."

Soohyun bolted to her feet and accidentally hit her head on the ceiling. She bowed awkwardly at the American stewardess, who smiled fakely. Once she gathered all of her bags, she stepped through the terminal and looked around. The whole airport was empty except for a few drowsy TSA agents. The only sound echoing throughout the building was baggage wheels rolling.

She followed the sound, hoping to get some help since she immediately lost all faith in the staff. "Excuse me," she called, jogging after the man. He turned around, and he had a black flu mask and a snapback on to cover his face. "Do you know where the exit is?" The man didn't react, and he walked away. His pace was quickened, as if he was running away from her.

"Hey!" she yelled, sprinting ahead. Soohyun grabbed his arm and ripped off his mask in exasperation. "Listen, I just need to find an exit because I need to meet a bo —"

Her gaze flickered across his face, and the mask dropped from her hand.

"Nicotine..." she whispered, stepping closer. The scent was so strong that it consumed her whole body, and she couldn't get enough of it.

"Well, well, princess. You've decided to come along."