. Major Time Skip

Nicotine

HEY HEY HEY GUESS WHAT I MIGHT BE MOVING TO TEXAS so I'm in the process of moving so I didnt get a chance to write :( sorry -kpopidiots26 💋

 

Jinhwan had been in the hospital for 6 days.

Soohyun always came at dawn and left after visiting hours, bringing food just in case he ever saw her. One fateful day, she sat on the seats in front of the ICU and smiled down at the lunchbox filled with his favorite foods.

The same squeaking of the wheels that she heard about a week ago startled her, and she stood up while brushing the hair out of her face. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, containing her happiness at the thought of finally seeing her boyfriend.

She opened them, and after all of this, Jinhwan was smiling up at her. His head was wrapped with a bandage and his face had sunk. He was sickeningly pale and awkwardly skinny. But she loved him all the same.

"Princess," he smiled, his voice hoarse. He grabbed her hand and kissed it, and for the millionth time that week, she cried. "I knew you were going to be okay." she whispered, cupping his face with her palm. He laughed lightly and hugged her weakly. It wasn't strong like the previous hugs, but it was more desperate, as if Soohyun was the medicine he needed all along. And she loved that.

She took out the food and picked up the spoon, offering it in front of his mouth. He happily accepted it, placing a light kiss on her nose. Jinhwan only wanted to hear her laugh, and for tears not to exist. It didn't matter if they were tears of joy; tears meant anxiety and worry, and he didn't need that from her.

"I really love you." he said while chewing the fried rice. Soohyun stopped and looked at him. He's said it so many times before, but that was then, and this was now. "I don't want to hear that." she mumbled, dropping the spoon. "What, I can't say that I love you?" he asked, swallowing the food.

"I want you to say that you need me. I want you to say that you've been waiting forever to see me. Every time you say you love me, I lose you. Please, Jinhwan. I don't want to be away from you any longer."

He grabbed her hand and pulled her in, attaching his lips to hers. "I need you. I've been waiting forever to see you." he murmured into her lips, and Soohyun held back her tears. "And I won't lose you."

She nodded and covered her face, stopping the drops before they fell. "If you really want, I can tell you other things," he smirked, scanning her figure with a playful look in his eyes. She laughed, slapping his shoulder very gently. His crude jokes were still the same, thankfully.

Soohyun glanced at him while he was eating, and a smile played on her lips. He honestly never looked as handsome as he did now.

- (major timeskip bc I'm a bad author and I want to finish this story oops btw this isn't the last chapter so yeah okay)

Five months later, in the safety and comfort of Soohyun's home, she could hear the smell of sizzling bacon from the kitchen. Well, burning bacon. She climbed out of bed and put on a robe, after experiencing the horrible breeze that spanned across her body. Looking back at the bed, her face flushed as she remembered the night before.

"Soohyun!" he called from the other room, and she achingly walked outside. The burst of light from the kitchen had surprised her, and she closed her eyes. A pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist and carried her until her bottom was seated on a chair. She giggled, slowly opening her eyes to reveal her boyfriend, soon-to-be husband.

And she had no shame in saying or thinking it. Husband.

"Good morning." he whispered as he flattened her hair into a decent mess. "Everything hurts." she groaned, punching his shoulder. He laughed loudly, placing a gentle hand on her thigh. "Sorry, Hyun. But it wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't screa—"

She put a hand up in front of his face. "We're done talking about this. But you might want to turn around to check your bacon." The smoke had aded throughout the house, and he sprinted to open the windows. "Sorry!" he yelled as he ran, blowing a kiss asking for forgiveness. Soohyun only laughed and pretended to catch the kiss in her palm.

Her ring glinted in the path of the sunlight, and she suppressed a giggle of happiness. The diamond was so much bigger than she had ever imagined, and at first, she was angry that he had used half of his own money to pay for it. After all the chemotherapy and hospital visits, she was surprised that he still had money to spare.

He walked into the kitchen with a bead of sweat running off of his bare head. "Your house is currently safe from harm." he confirmed, pursing his lips into a thin line to keep himself from laughing. She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his hips, as if she hasn't done this every single day.

Everything that had happened — his mother, the tumor, the fake father, and the operation — had seemed to die down, and their life had never been so peaceful. It was the middle of autumn, around the time that they first met. Reaching their anniversary of that time had brought more happiness than they had ever felt before, because they could say things that they couldn't have said before.

They made it.

"Jinhwan, let's go out and see the colors."