. Nice To See You Again

Nicotine

They sat in an empty row of chairs by their terminal.

Silently.

Neither of them moved, neither of them breathed. Dead silence; that's what their relationship had come to. The once invisible people began piling in so suddenly, and chatter swarmed around the two that seemed to be the only living things on Earth that could act inanimate.

A rushing woman in a business suit and an iPhone 5 to her ear rushed past, lugging her rolling bag behind her. The bag collided with Soohyun's leg and she was whirled to the side, her shin throbbing in pain. The woman didn't seem to notice. However, Jinhwan already had his hand on her jacket to stop her head from slamming into the arm of her chair.

She looked at his hand, and he removed it while clearing his throat.

"Why am I here?" Soohyun queried angrily, although she desperately wanted to cling to his chest and cry. "It was your decision." Jinhwan retaliated, smugly shoving his hands into his pockets and standing up. His usual black jeans had been replaced by dark denim ones with discolored knee patches. But his shoes were still the same ones she gave him, and it took her entire being to stop herself from smiling.

"If you didn't want me to follow you, why did you leave the ticket?" she muttered inaudibly, rubbing her aching leg. His expression softened and he bent down, pushing the bottom of her pant leg up to examine the wound. She tried shaking out of his grasp, but he had a firm grip.

"It'll bruise quickly. You might want to put some ice on that." he announced, pulling the pant leg back down. "Thanks, doctor." Soohyun rolled her eyes and she stood up at the same time as him. Jinhwan grabbed the handle of his bag and and walked away, not turning around to check if Soohyun was following.

Obviously, she was.

She couldn't possibly fend for herself in such a big country, and he was the only one she was familiar with. Too familiar, at that. He fetched a cab and nonchalantly stood at the opened door, waiting for Soohyun to get in. She obliged, smiling to herself. He still cared.

"Where are we going?" she whispered, eyeing the driver through the rearview mirror.

Jinhwan ignored her and passed the man a slip of paper wordlessly. With a grunt, he pressed on the pedal and drove, since he obviously had no choice. "Are you going to talk to me? All you've said is 'Well, well, princess. Looks like you've decided to come along.'" she mocked, using awkward hand gestures to imitate him.

Jinhwan scoffed and rolled his eyes before focusing on the window.

Canada was even more beautiful than the last time Soohyun was here, but its glory was overridden by painful memories, and she refused to believe that there was anything good about this place.

They stopped at a hotel after twenty minutes, Jinhwan still not responding to any of her qusetions. It seemed as if he had everything planned out, even when he showed the receptionist the booked hotel room for two. Two.

Despite the silence, Jinhwan grabbed the bag from Soohyunn's hand and heaved it up the stairs, a bead of sweat rolling down his temple. Soohyun was totally winning this. She was his everything, after all.

He followed her inside the room and quietly shut the door behind him. Soohyun sat on the bed, crossing her legs and letting out a sigh. Jinhwan dropped the bags and turned around. He was biting his lip as he stared at her long legs draped over one another. "Jinhwan, can we just talk?" she pleaded, clasping her hands together while her eyes shined brightly. He shook his hand and walked forward, sighing and facing the mirror next to him.

"Jinhwan," she called exasperatedly, and he could Soohyun run her fingers through her silky, golden brown hair. God, she was beautiful, he thought, and he gnawed at his lip harder. 

Soohyun unfolded her legs and walked up to him, placing her hand on his arm to wrap her puny fingers around his wrist. His body was heating up and he felt himself about to burst. "Oppa," she whispered, standing on her toes to reach his ear.

He snapped.

Jinhwan turned around and grabbed her shoulders, hastily walking her back to the bed until her back fell and he was on top of her. He placed his hand on her waist as he kissed her roughly, sliding his finger around the hem of her jeans. Soohyun smiled; it was actually going to happen. Everything she's ever fantasized about was finally coming true, and her irregular heartbeats pounded in her ears.

She hooked her index fingers into belt loops and pulled his waist closer to hers, feeling his tongue slip between her teeth. Tingles vibrated through her entire body at the new sensation as he only on her tongue, and she let out a squeal of happiness.

She let go of his pants and tangled her fingers in his jet black hair, earning a low groan from his throat. Her shirt began riding up her stomach, and he gently rubbed the exposed skin with his thumb. They were both sweating even though they didn't do anything yet, but this surpassed any experiences they have had in the past. He peeled away for a mere second to slide his shirt over his head before she pulled him back in again.

Soohyun grabbed his wrist and led his hand higher up her shirt, a smirk growing on both of their lips. His index finger barely touched her bra strap before he stopped, clambered off of her, and panted as he sat at the edge of the bed. He threw his head into his hands, sighing heavily and groaning to himself.

"Is there something wrong?" she asked, disappointed at the separation.

He shook his head and scooted farther away from her until he had to stand up. "Soohyun, I can't do this to you." he whispered, grabbing his shirt and slipping it back on. 

"But you said that I can come to you when I'm ready." she whispered, squeezing the hem of her shirt while looking down. "And you're still not ready. You may act confident, but your eyes show that you still have doubts. Once I'm sure that they're gone, I'll do it right." he said, stepping closer and rubbing her cheek softly.

"I guess we'll just have to keep waiting." she sighed, grabbing his wrist and pushing it away.

"I'm sorry, Soohyun. For everything." Jinhwan's voice was growing quieter, and that was a surefire sign that it was sincere. Soohyun jumped up and wrapped her arms around his waist, finally able to hold him like she used to.

"I don't want to fight with you." she mumbled, twirling her finger in his shirt.

"That's what we keep saying, yet it never works out." he deadpanned, strongly embracing her tiny figure.

"Well, what's heaven without the bad things people have done?"

Ooh, all these late updates tho...
Sorry, guys! I've just been in a really bad mood lately with entrance exams and midterms :/ Maybe a double update tomorrow?¿ I can't promise anything uGH 😂