. Shopping

Nicotine

wow okay how long has it been ๐Ÿ˜‚ sorry guys, i had to fly for two days to texas from new jersey, take an entrance exam, and then fly back uGH ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ”ซ - kpopidiots26 ๐Ÿ’‹

"I want to get drunk tonight."

ย Jinhwan stretched his arms, lazily placing one around Soohyun's shoulders. "No, you don't." she chuckled, shaking her head. He pouted and pressed his lips to her forehead. "Oh, all right." he sighed, his hot breath fanning her face.

"You're still going to do it anyway." she remarked, rolling her eyes. He shrugged and hugged her. It has been a week since his mother passed, and he was trying his best to cope. It took time, but it was working.

"Let's do something that's beneficialย for us." Soohyun brushed his arm off and intertwined their fingers instead. "And when is that ever fun? Take eating vegetables for example. They're dietary death traps." he argued. "What I meant was that we go shopping."

"But โ€”"

"Nope."

"Soo โ€”"

"Nope."

"Okay, fine! We'll go shopping!" he said, throwing his hands up in the air. She smirked. "If you say so." She got up and walked to the kitchen, feeling Jinhwan's eyes on her. "You're really beautiful, you know that?" he shouted after her, getting up and following. She turned her head and smiled. "You've only told me once or twice."

He picked her up by her hips and she squealed, wrapping her arms and legs around him. "Well, you deserve more than that." he whispered, snuggling his face into her stomach. "Oppa!" she laughed, slapping his shoulder repeatedly. He stopped and put her down, placing his hands on her hips and leveling their eyes. "I love it when you call me that." he smirked, tracing circles in her skin with his index finger and thumb.

"You're acting really...boyfriend-ish today." Soohyun observed, leaning back to stare at him. "Well, for starters, I am your boyfriend." he shrugged, kissing her neck. She gave him a gentle shove and cupped his face in her hands. "Are you all right?" she asked. Soohyun seemed to ask every day, because she was worried that he was going to hide his feelings from her, and that wasn't the trust they once had.

He nodded slowly and grabbed her hand on his cheek. placing a soft kiss on her knuckle. "I told you, I'll be fine." he sighed reassuringly. She nodded and slid her hands away, walking to the room to get dressed.

Jinhwan sat on the couch, rubbing his face in his hands. He wanted to be okay. Not for himself, but for Soohyun. He didn't want to be burdensome and have her constantly worrying about him. He took out a cigarette and lit it after he placed it between his teeth. He sighed, blowing dancing wisps through his lips as he looked aroud the room. They were still in his mother's house. It was his now, and he didn't know what to do with it.

She pranced into the kitchen, clad in a new outfit. "Is that my hat?" he asked, pointing to the black snapback on her head. She shrugged and pulled it farther down her face. "You gave this to me before we traveled here." He blinked. How could he forget such a simple thing like that? "Oh, sorry. It's just that that was my favorite hat." he smiled cheesily. She twirled her fingers together as her heart skipped a beat.

"Oh my god, this is so clichรฉ." she groaned, putting her face in her hands. He laughed and brushed past her to get dressed.

There was an outlet mall just on the outskirts of his mother's neighborhood. "My mother and I used to come here all the time. We usually โ€”" Jinhwan stopped. He had forgotten what he was about to say, and he chuckled lightly. "Sorry." Soohyun clung onto him and shook her head.

"You are such a dork."

They walked around for hours, and Jinhwan had gradually lost energy. He stopped by a plastic model of a woman. "Can we rest for a second?" he pleaded, clambering onto the podium. "Wow, you are so out of shape." she teased, taking a seat next to him.

"I don't know. I can usually run for miles." he pouted, resting his head on her shoulder. She patted his head, but her hand froze. "Jinhwan, you're burning up!" she cried, pushing him up. He looked at her lazily, and Soohyun bit her nail as she stood up. "We're going to the hospital." she decided, perching Jinhwan on his feet while he applied all of his weight on her. "But you wanted to shop." he breathed, his eyes fluttering closed.

He began mumbling incomprehensible phrases as she put him in the back seat of his car. "Jinhwan, just go to sleep. You'll be treated in no time," she whispered in his ear, brushing the sweat-drenched hair out of his face. Soohyun kissed his lips gently, tracing his jawline before rushing into the driver's seat.

They had to wait in the emergency room, and Soohyun couldn't believe the service provided here. Her boyfriend was unconscious, and she was worrying more than ever. 2 hours later, a nurse hauled him onto a stretcher and Soohyun followed anxiously down the hallway.

The nurse stopped the gurney and turned around to face Soohyun. "I'm sorry, but are you family? Because if not, you're not allowed back here." Her face was lifeless and drained, and her attitude was sassy. Soohyun nodded, the guilt of her lie beginning to pile inside of her.

The woman eyed her curiously before nodding suspiciously. Jinhwan moved slightly, his lips trembling as three hushed words fell from his lips.

"I'm not okay."