. The Envelope Revealed

Nicotine

Sorry for the late update, but before I start, I would like to make known that I AM FULLY AWARE THAT THE NAMES LISTED BELOW ARE NOT THE ACTUAL NAMES (other than Soohyun & Chanhyuk) AND FACTS. I TRIED TO FIND THE NAMES OUT, BUT I WANTED TO UPDATE DAILY, LIKE I PROMISED. *If any of you know Soohyun's actual parents' names, please message me!*  💋 - kpopidiots26

FUTURE REFERENCES: D.O.B. = Date of Birth, D.O.D. = Date of Death, M.O.D. = Method of Death

 

It was 10 in the morning on a school day, and Jinhwan opened the file again.
 
The teacher was busy being a bore, so Jinhwan wanted to be productive. Actually, he was just too anxious to wait. He flipped the page, scanning the faces of each family member and storing it into his brain. Before he could reach the last page, the entire packet, along with the envelope, was ripped from his hands. "Wait!" he yelled, reaching towards it.
 
It was his teacher.
 
"Kim Jinhwan, pay attention!" she screamed, slapping his shoulder with the ruler in her hand. "But that envelope..." he whimpered, pointing at the — now crumpled — file. "You should've thought about that before deciding to do whatever you wanted. I'm confiscating it. Don't worry, I won't read it." Jinhwan sensed a hint of sarcasm in her voice, but he really hoped that he was imagining it.
 
After class, he walked out empty-handed. Soohyun reached for his arm and shook it, trying to catch his attention. "Jinhwan, what's wrong?" she pouted. He looked at her and smiled pitifully. He needed to keep that folder a secret from her.
 
"Ms. Jung just took something that I was reading in class, surprisingly. I won't get it back until the end of the day. You know, she's been really cranky lately, with the divorce and all." he groaned, stomping his feet in frustration.
 
She nodded slowly and smiled. He was acting like a little boy, and had a face to match. It was adorable. "Princess, I have to get to my next class. But if you want me to walk you, I have no problem." he offered, hoping to run away with her.
 
Unfortunately, she shook her head and tapped his nose. "I'm not letting you out of this class," she chuckled, walking away while waving. He sulked into class, a minute before roll call.
 
Soohyun visited Ms. Jung, who was having her break. "Good morning," she greeted, walking toward the desk. "Oh, hello, Soohyun." Ms. Jung smiled brightly, standing up and smoothing her skirt. "I heard that Jinhwan got something confiscated? I apologize on his behalf. I'll keep it until he tells me everything." she explained.
 
Ms. Jung hesitated before reaching into her drawer and handing Soohyun the orange-yellow envelope. "First time I've seen him reading," she muttered, grudgingly letting go of the paper. Soohyun bowed and walked outside to sit on the bench near her locker, the very same bench that Jinhwan sat at when they first discovered that they went to the same school.
 
It seemed like centuries ago, the time when she first hated him. But also, the time that she realized that maybe she did like him, and now they were in this unexpected relationship. She wasn't complaining.
 
She opened the envelope and flattened the creased papers, but her eyes did a double-take on the front. Her mother's picture.
 
Lee Do Hee
D.O.B : 03/06/1967 
: F
D.O.D : 06/22/2005
M.O.D : .99 mm pistol. Died from wound infections in stomach and leg.
 
The bell had rang, but she didn't notice. The students had swarmed around her, but she remained completely still. No tears even fell from her eyes. Her gaze traveled to the bottom of the page, where more information about her mother was listed.
 
Lee Min Dong (husband) deceased, refer to page 8 for records.
Lee Chanhyuk (son) deceased, refer to page 15 for records.
Lee Soohyun (daughter) refer to page 22 for records.
 
 "Soohyun!" Jinhwan waved, jogging towards her. He slowed down as he stared at the object in her hands.
 
"No!"