Season II: Chapter 4

One Night Result
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, the couple lay on their bed, with Hyuna's head on her fiance's chest.

"Seung" Hyuna called her fiance who was reading a novel.
"Yes?" Hyunseung asked as he tore his attention from the book he was reading and looked at his fiancee. "What's the matter?" he asked her.
"I want to see my parents" Hyuna said out of the blue. "It's been five years, I wonder how they lived" she said as she felt Hyunseung hug her.
"Are you sure?" Hyunseung asked. "Do you want them back in your life?" he asked her again.
"I don't know but they're still my parents so I kinda miss them" Hyuna told him. "I just really just want to what they had gone through for the past five years" she said.
"Want to go together?" Hyunseung asked but Hyuna declined the latter's offer.
"Just take care of Jiwoo, I'll see them alone. I don't want Jiwoo's first memory of his grandparents is the two of them fighting with each other" Hyuna reasoned out. "I just want our parents to just have a good image in his mind and will stay that way" she added.
"If you change you mind, I will be willing to help you" Hyunseung told her and Hyuna kissed him on the forehead as response.

The next day, Hyunseung took Jiwoo out to meet his friends while Hyuna made her way back to the place she once called "home". Standing in front of her old home gave her mixed feelings, will she be happy or sad to see her parents? Gathering her courage, she rang the doorbell and a young girl, more or less 13 years old, opened the door.

"Yes? Who...are you?" the girl asked. Hyuna remembered what her brother told her and what she heard from her parents' fight years ago, this must be her father's daughter. The daughter he actually cared for. Ouch. 
"Is this...Kim Jungho and Kim Yunmi's home?" Hyuna asked, emphasizing on her mother's name. She felt abit childish for doing so but she shrugged it off, she can be childish sometimes.
"Ne...this is their home" the girl said quietly, avoiding her gaze.
"Jiyoon, who's at the door?" Hyuna heard her father's voice from inside, she missed her father but she couldn't help but hate him.
"Appa, somebody is asking for you and Ahjumma" the girl answered her father. Ahjumma? She calls her mother "Ahjumma"? Hyuna heard footsteps coming towards them, her father's.
"Who is---Hyuna" her father stopped, eyes widening as he recognized who is the one in front of him. Hyuna clenched her teeth before smiling forcibly.
"It's been a long time, Dad" Hyuna greeted her father who was still strucked by her sudden appearance. The girl beside her father was just as surprised as him. Had her father not reveal that he have other children? 
"C-come inside" her father said as he regained bit of his composure. "Jiyoon, why do you go and prepare something to drink" he told the girl who immediately left them.

Hyuna looked around the interior of the place, it's the same but different, the family picture that included the 4 of them was replaced by a picture of her father, a woman, and the girl earlier, the pictures of her and her siblings were replaced too. How could he do this? How could he just erase them from his life like they're not even important to him?

"Have a sit" her father said. Hyuna looked at the couch before sitting grudgingly, it was the same couch where she, along with Kibum and their two siblings would sit when they used to watch movies.
"Where's my mother?" Hyuna asked him. "I don't think you two are still together" she said.
"She filed for divorce, 3 years ago and moved to Jeju-do and lived with your aunt Haemi" Jungho answered her daughter.
"I see, Mom did you a favor. You have a beautiful life now, huh?" she commented as she looked around. "A beautiful life, a beautiful wife, a beautiful daughter, no more screamings and fights" she added while her father avoid her gaze. "You got a chance to reset your life. No, you don't have a wife mourning for your youngest son, two runaway sons, and an incompetent daughter"
"Hyuna, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being there by your side. I'm sorry for not fulfilling my responsibilities as father for you and your brothers" Jungho apologized.
"You're too late, Dad" Hyuna said as she got up. "You're six years late. If you did this, all those years ago, Kibum-oppa and Jongwoon-oppa will still be here. Still, I forgive you. Just treat your daughter better now. I'm leaving. I just came here to see if you're doing fine" she said, keeping her emotions intact as she started to walk away. Her father silently led her on the way out, a woman entered the house, she recognized her, the woman in the photos, her father's new wife.
"Oppa! Jiyoon! I'm---Who are you?" the woman asked as she saw Hyuna.
"Miran-a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter