Chapter Eighteen

One Night Result
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What did you say?" Hyunseung asked, he would have collapsed if Gikwang didn't hold him.
"The baby wasn't too strong like the other one, that's why we couldn't save him" the doctor said.
"Wait. Other one?" Hyunseung asked the doctor for confirmation.
"What? You didn't know the patient was carrying twins?" the doctor asked.
"Ne, I was not aware of that" Hyunseung said.
"Well, it's true and it's a miracle that the baby survived" the doctor said. "The patient is stable now, you can see her now" he said and left.

After the doctor left...

"Are you not going to see Hyuna?" Gikwang asked. "Look, it's not your fault" he said.
"How could it not be my fault?" Hyungseung said. "If only, I came faster..."
"Look, stop blaming yourself" Gikwang said. "It's...it's not your fault that one of the baby died" he said.
"Ho--"
"Go see her. She needs you, don't mess up" Gikwang interrupted and pushed him into Hyuna's ward and closed the door.

Just then, his phone rang. Doojun was calling.

"Hello?" Gikwang said.
"Gikwang-ah, is Hyunseung with you?" Doojun asked.
"Let's give him a moment" Gikwang said. "Hyung, have you looked at the cctv footage?" he asked.
"Yeah" Doojun said. "I saw the footage" he said.
"Really? How did it happen?" Gikwang asked Doojun.
"Well...ah, I don't know how to say this"
"Hyung, what is it?" Gikwang asked.
"It wasn't an accident" Doojun said. "Somebody pushed Hyuna" he said.
"Who? Did the footage showed that person's face?" Gikwang asked.
"It's Jen, Gikwang. It's Jen" Doojun answered.
"What did you say?" Gikwang's expression hardened. "Who did you say?"
"It's Jen" Doojun repeated.
"Hyung, I'll call you later" Gikwang said and ended the phone call. "That bad woman. Why did she become this low?" he said. 'I guess I need to pay somebody a visit' he thought.

"Kwang-ie!" Jen greeted. "How rare it is for you to visit me!" she said.
"You've gone crazy, you bad woman" Gikwang said.
"Yah, I'm not crazy" Jen said. "How could you call your best friend like that?" she said.
"I know you pushed Hyuna to the stairs" Gikwang told her.

Jen smiled wickedly as she walked towards a table filled with picture frames and held a picture of her with Hyunseung.

"Well, people like her doesn't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter