Season II: Chapter 3

One Night Result
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyuna was sitting in their new living room as she gripped the paper in her hands. She's going back to that  school...the school where it all started.

"Deep in thoughts?" Hyunseung's voice distracted her. She saw him in front of her, ready for work.
"I'm going back, Seung" she told her fiance who enveloped her to a hug while caressing her hair. 
"Don't worry, it will be just fine" Hyunseung coaxed as he continued to caress her hair. "I'm going to drop Jiwoo to Doojoon. You should get ready for school now" he said as she smiled.
"Take care" she told him and he kissed her on the cheek before going up to gather their son and bid goodbye. After sending them off, she sighed once more. She's going to face her past once more.

It never changed, not one bit. Seong Dong Academy. After five years, she's back. It felt like she never left at all. She walked inside the high school building, it never changed at all, just like how she remembered it. She smiled as she remembered the times she was with her two best friends, oh how she missed them. She stopped when she reached a particular staircase and just stared. It is where they lost Jiwoo's twin sibling, it made her heart clench and wonder, what would their baby look like if he/she survived? Like her or Hyunseung? Or both? Shaking her head from all the thoughts, she left the building that held beautiful and tragic memories and proceeded to the application department.

"Kim Hyuna?" she looked up to see the face of the person who called her and she froze when she saw In Young, looking professional and more mature the last time she saw her.
"Unnie?" she was shocked but then it hit her, this is owned by their family, how can she forget?
"Wow. You...you're here" In Young said, she obviously didn't expect to see her. "You're transferring here?" she asked as she held Hyuna's papers, so she works here.
"Ne..." she said as she hung her head a bit. 
"I see..." In Young said as she analyzed Hyuna's papers. "How's he? My brother?" she asked her, restraining any emotions to go out.
"He's...great actually. He's very responsible" Hyuna answered In Young who smiled a bit, her brother changed so much, in a good way. "Uh...Unnie, are you...and my Oppa still together?" she asked but immediately regretted it when she saw how In Young's expression turned. 
"No...unfortunately, we broke it off, 2 years after you and Seung left. We wouldn't work anyway, even if we try to" In Young said as she smiled sadly. Hyuna was baffled, she never thought that the two will break up just like that. They were her ideal couple, it was only through them that she believed in love, as it was not shown by their parents. "Enough about my relationship, how long have you been here? Are you moving back for good?" she asked.
"We've only been here for a couple of days but yes, we're moving back for good. Hyunseung got transferred here in Seoul" Hyuna answered, not missing the pain of longing in the eyes of Hyunseung's sister.
"I see...oh right! Can you tell me about my nephew?" In Young said, remembering the reason why the two left in the first place.
"Jiwoo?" Hyuna asked and In Young nods. "He's the carbon copy of his dad. He's bubbly, cute, nice but stubborn at times" she said, smiling at the thought of her son. "He just turned 5, a month ago" she added as she showed a picture of Jiwoo on Hyunseung's shoulder's, watching some animals, saved on her phone.
"Jiwoo grew up well" In Young commented with a smile. "Hyunseung is a great dad" she added. "I'm happy that he gives him the attention we never had from our own" she said with a hint of sadness.
"Do you want to meet them?" Hyuna asked In Young. "Jiwoo and Hyunseung" she clarified. In Young smiled before declining politely. "Unnie, you don't want to meet Hyunseung?" she asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter