fight-offs

Elude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The voices which suddenly interrupted his sleep were a bit muffled at first. Time pass by before it gets clear enough for Woohyun to actually understand. The voices, he realizes, were Myungsoo and Sungyeol's. 

"Why won't he wake up?"

"Maybe because you shot him, I don't know, three times?"

"Oh, get over it Myungsoo. It wasn't a big deal." 

Not wanting to start an argument, Myungsoo stays quiet. 

Woohyun tries to move a finger. Nobody notices. The next thing he tries to move are his eyes. Thankfully, it wasn't a difficult task anymore. It seemed like the paralyzer wore off. His voices comes alive a second later. 

"I'm…awake…"

This shocks both Myungsoo and Sungyeol. 

"Told you he wasn't dead." 

The younger one rolls his eyes and returns his gaze to Woohyun. The latter notices that it was dark. Night time, to be exact, thanks to the handy wall clock up. 

Sungyeol stands up from the floor and dusts his pants. He puts his hands inside his pockets and makes eye contact with Woohyun. But he breaks it off instantly and shifts them to Myungsoo. 

"Now that he's alive and well, I'll get going."

"Yah." Myungsoo stands up as well. "You're not supposed to—!" But Sungyeol was already out the door and Myungsoo chases after him, leaving the poor Woohyun alone in the darkly lit room. 

It takes him a while to get up, but he manages to do so on his own. His body felt normal again, a bit sore, but it was bearable. For a few seconds, he hears the two friends outside the hallways, shouting at each other. But it completely disappears once the door right next to his slams shut. 

Woohyun sighs on his palms covering his face. He wanted to know what happened, but it seemed like nobody was willing to tell him. It was only then he realizes that Sunggyu was missing. 

He stands up, his legs a bit wobbly. Holding the wall for support, Woohyun takes a few steps forward but stops once he hears the door creak. 

"Why is the door open—?" Sunggyu meets his gaze. "Oh. You're up."

"Y-Yeah…"

His senior walks past him so swiftly that Woohyun almost loses his balance. Sunggyu was now sitting on his bed, removing his boots. Then he notices that the room was awfully quiet. 

"Where's Sungyeol and Myungsoo?" 

"Back in their rooms." Woohyun shrugs. He looks the other way and mumbles, "I really need a glass of water…"

"Seriously?"

Woohyun lifts his eyebrows in question as he glances back at his senior. "Yes? They kept shouting a each other just a few moments ago then left—"

"No, you dumb." Sunggyu puts in his feet back in his unlaced boots with a sigh. "I meant, why ask for a glass of water now when I already took off my shoes?"

+

Sunggyu walks beside Woohyun through the dark, windy night. It was definitely awkward for the latter, having to walk side by side next to the man who he pretty much feared a ton. 

Discreetly, Woohyun slows down his pace and lets Sunggyu lead the way to the cafeteria. However, Sunggyu notices the sudden disappearance and he turns back to his trainee who was at least a meter out of reach. 

"Why are you standing so far away?"

"I…" Woohyun scratches the back of his head, unable to make up an excuse. 

"It's not like I'm gonna punch you or something."

"Just being cautious, you know?" 

Sunggyu rolls his eyes. "Whatever. Try to keep up." Then he starts walking way faster than before. 

And Woohyun does try to keep up. But with his flimsy legs which had just recovered from a full day of rest, he fails. Sunggyu disappears down the dark path, and Woohyun actually gets nervous. The huge trees around him sway along with the strong wind, and it makes such a noisy sound which only scares Woohyun more. Though he knew the way to the cafeteria, Woohyun feels like he was lost. 

Finally, he reaches the cafeteria only to find it empty. Sunggyu was the only one there, raiding the large fridge behind the kitchen. Woohyun walks up only until behind the counter, he doesn't dare enter the prohibited areas. 

"We're not allowed in there." Woohyun tries to say, but Sunggyu's head was still inside the refrigerator. 

After a moment, he swings his head back up with a doughnut in his mouth. He takes it off to talk, but not before his lips clean. "I know. But I am. Go sit down, I'll be right there." 

+

Woohyun stares at the meal right in front of him. Sunggyu on the other hand, was munching on everything his hands could get. It was awkward for him, really. Why was Sunggyu suddenly so nice? All he asked for was a glass of water, and now Sunggyu's offering him a free meal. When just the other day, Sunggyu was literally shouting at him.

Sunggyu, Woohyun thinks, is 100% mental. 

"You were asleep the whole day." Sunggyu informs, slightly pushing the paper plate toward Woohyun. "You didn't eat a thing. Aren't you hungry?"

It was true, Woohyun was starving. But he had questions. "What exactly happened?" 

"Well, obviously, three paralyzers were too much for a body like yours to handle. The doctor added over fatigue as the reason for you passing out as well." 

Sunggyu shamelessly takes a spoonful of rice from Woohyun's plate, then places them on his own plate. 

"Your body took the rest it needed. But now it needs to gain the energy you lost while you were off dreaming, so eat up or else I'm taking your food." 

Woohyun nods and immediately stuffs a piece of bread in his mouth. Sunggyu looked amused, Woohyun notices, but it was quickly replaced with Sunggyu's permanent poker face. 

Illegally, they eat inside the humongous cafeteria, just the two of them in the middle of the night. Nobody talks. They just eat. From time to time, Woohyun would glance at his senior just to catch the said man with those same round puffy cheeks filled with food. Those were the only moments Sunggyu didn't terrify him. 

The 4th time he took a glance, Sunggyu was looking at him already.   

"What?" He asks. "You think I didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter