burger patty

Elude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I know I've updated just s few hours ago, but here's another and much longer chapter to make up for the two years ive been gone lol enjoy!

 

 

It was dinner time, and Woohyun and Sungjong were the only ones sitting at the table because Sunggyu and the others still weren't back from their meeting. Sungjong, who was happily munching on his burger patty, notices that the older male hasn't touched his food ever since they arrived in the cafeteria. He nudges Woohyun, asking, “Aren’t you going to eat?”

 

Woohyun, who was busy looking around the cafeteria, slumps his shoulders as he finally gives up on looking around for Sunggyu. Ever since they started holding hands, Woohyun couldn't help but feel somewhat attached to the other. 

 

“No…you can have it.” 

 

Just as Woohyun was about to hand over his tray over to Sungjong, a familiar voce from behind him catches his attention. 

 

“Yah, you aren't going to eat again?” 

 

Woohyun looks behind him and suppresses a smile when he sees Sunggyu walking over to him, trying to look menacing. It didn't disturb Woohyun, but it sure did scare the hell out of Sungjong. 

 

“Where have you been?” Woohyun asks in a worried tone. Sunggyu raises a brow at his question as he was sitting down right beside Woohyun. The latter looks away because he knew better than to pry in Sunggyu’s business. “I mean, uh, Sungjong over here missed you!”

 

“What?!” Sungjong almost screeched, face pale. “N-no I didn’t!”

 

“What’s going on here?” Dongwoo asks, sitting down next to his trainee with a plate full of food. Soon enough, Howon, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol sit right beside them as well. “Are you okay, Sungjong? You look a little pale.”

 

Sunggyu, being the oldest in the table, kept quiet as he was eating his food. He slowly turns his head over to Woohyun’s direction, noticing how the younger boy hadn't touched his food and was chatting his life away to Dongwoo and Sungjong. He lifts his hand up and taps on Woohyun’s shoulder. 

 

Woohyun looks back at the elder with half a smile as he was laughing at something Sungjong said. His happy face turns into a surprised one when he turns to Sunggyu. “Yeah?” Without saying anything, Sunggyu points to Woohyun’s untouched burger patty. “I’ll eat it in a bit.” Woohyun assures with a small smile. 

 

“You better. Or else I’ll eat it myself.”

 

“But you already have like ten burger patties on your plate.”

 

“No I don’t.” Sunggyu looks down on his tray, counting. “I have nine.”

 

Woohyun laughs at this, seemingly finding Sunggyu’s appetite hilarious. “Can you even finish that?”

 

“Watch me.” 

 

Lo and behold, Sunggyu did finish his burger patties in a very short amount of time. Not long after though, he threw up most of it in a nearby tree just outside the cafeteria. Thankfully, nobody witnessed this as it was late at night and curfew was about to settle in. Dongwoo, Sungjong, and Howon were the first ones to leave while Woohyun, Myungsoo, and Sungyeol were stuck with a puking Sunggyu. 

 

“Aren’t you going to help me with this?” Woohyun asks as he points over to Sunggyu, who was kneeling by a tree in the forest. 

 

“Uh…” Myungsoo rubs his nape with a sheepish smile, already walking backwards as he, too, had wanted to escape the Sunggyu situation. “Look, you’re a big boy, right? You can handle this.”

 

Sungyeol laughs at this, placing an arm on his best friend’s neck as he pulls him away from Woohyun. “See you tomorrow!”

 

Woohyun grunts in response, annoyed. He walks over to where Sunggyu was, surprised to see the older male already standing up. “Hey, are you okay?”

 

“Never better.” Sunggyu says, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. “Let’s go. It’s almost curfew.”

 

Woohyun follows Sunggyu’s lead as he rubs his hands over his arms to warm himself up from the cold breeze. “Are you sure you're alright? You might start throwing up again.”

 

“I’m fine.” Sunggyu retorts grumpily. Woohyun sees this as a cue to shut up. 

 

As they were nearing their building, Sunggyu speaks up again. “Were  you impressed?”

 

“Impressed?” Woohyun repeats with confusion. “With what?”

 

They enter the elevator together, Woohyun presses on the 12th floor. 

 

Shrugging, Sunggyu says, “I don't know. You probably haven't seen anybody eat that much that fast, huh?” 

 

“Well, Boohyun hyung did…” 

 

Woohyun realizes that he mentioned Boohyun in front of Sunggyu. He stares at the elder male with much worry, waiting for an angry reaction to erupt from Sunggyu. They finally reached the 12th floor when all Sunggyu had to say was, “Yeah, I know.”

 

 

 

Ever since the burger patty incident, Woohyun notices that Sunggyu’s been pretty reserved for the past few days. It wasn't like Sunggyu was being mean to him again, but it was more like Sunggyu had a lot in his mind and kept to himself most of the time. Sunggyu’s small meetings with their other friends after every training session became more frequent, and Woohyun felt a pang in his heart every time he sees this because he knew he wasn't really a part of Sunggyu and the others. 

 

During dinner time one day, it was just Woohyun and Sungjong again. Woohyun didn't even bother looking around for Sunggyu anymore. The feeling of not being part of their group made him unmotivated to do anything. 

 

“Is anything wrong?” Sungjong asks, mouth filled with mashed potato. 

 

Woohyun shakes his head and tries his best to smile for Sungjong. “Nothing’s wrong. I’m fine.” Woohyun realizes that he shouldn't really take it to heart about Sunggyu and the others. At least he had Sungjong.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter