sunggyu's crazy days

Elude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing Woohyun sees when he opens his eyes is Sunggyu’s face staring down at him. To say that Woohyun had an heart attack would be an understatement. He shouts from shock, causing a startled Sunggyu to jump at the sudden high-pitched scream.

“Y-you scared me!” Sunggyu says, clutching his heart.

“I scared you?” Woohyun stares at Sunggyu beyond belief. “You were the one watching me sleep!”

“Well, I had something to say…” Sunggyu clears his throat and approaches the younger boy again. He sits by the foot of Woohyun’s bed and stares at the floor, clasping his hands together. 

Woohyun sits up from his position, still in disbelief at Sunggyu’s odd behavior. “And you couldn't wait until I woke up?” 

“It’s important.” The older male replies in a serious tone. Woohyun snaps out from his grogginess. 

“What is it then?”

There was a pause. Sunggyu shifts his gaze from the floor to Woohyun’s eyes. 

“I want you to join the Elude.”

Woohyun thinks he might be dreaming. He slaps a hand on his face in an attempt to break away from the dream. But it wasn’t, and the sharp pain from accidentally hitting the bruise on his lip was too much of a reminder that this was reality. Sunggyu was actually asking him to join his team - the Elude. 

Sunggyu tries to hide the smile forming on his face. Woohyun was cute sometimes. Just sometimes, Sunggyu convinces himself. 

“Why?” 

“What do you mean why?” 

“I thought you guys disbanded ever since my brother…” Woohyun didn't want to continue. He knew it was a sensitive issue. Both for Sunggyu and himself. 

The older male sighs in his spot. He didn't really know why he wanted Woohyun to join them. But there was something about him that Sunggyu knew he couldn't leave behind. Woohyun didn't deserve to stay in the hellhole they were in. They needed to try, even if they failed the first time. Sunggyu thinks he might be rushing his decision, but he knew that he would regret it every single day of his life if he didn't ask. 

“No.” Woohyun says. 

Taken aback, Sunggyu repeats, “No?” 

This was unexpected. The possibility of Woohyun rejecting his offer had never crossed his mind. If only Woohyun knew how many men in the military like him would die for an offer like this, then maybe he would reconsider. 

“What?” It was Sunggyu’s turn to ask. His eyes were upset, and it was impossible to miss. “Why?” 

Woohyun hesitates to answer. He didn't want to get Sunggyu angry again, especially since the older male was starting to warm up to him already. Sunggyu, however, was impatient. He stands up from his position in Woohyun’s bed and turns around. Woohyun knew that the older male never liked to ask more than once. 

“Sunggyu—“ 

“Training will start in an hour.” There was no emotion in Sunggyu’s voice as he interrupted the other. “Don’t be late.” Were the last words he uttered before heading out the door. 

Woohyun was perplexed. He didn't understand why Sunggyu was so upset at him for refusing. If anything, he thinks Sunggyu should be relieved. Woohyun knew that if he agreed, then there might be a possibility of the General finding out about the Elude being in the works again. Not like Woohyun would ever rat them out, but he just wanted to be careful. And although Woohyun has improved a lot, he knew that he would only slow the group down if he ever joined them. He wasn’t as fast and as strong as Sunggyu and the others. Most especially, only Sunggyu knew that he and Boohyun were related. If the others were to ever find out, Woohyun knew it would cause a big problem. 

An hour later, Woohyun had just showered and was walking over to the training field with wary eyes. He looks at every one who passes by him, hoping that it would be Sunggyu so they could talk about what happened earlier. Sunggyu may be older, but Woohyun knew he was just as stubborn as a little girl. He spots Sunggyu in the center of the field, talking to a trainee Woohyun has seen a few times. He didn't know his name though. As he gets closer, Woohyun realizes that Sunggyu was upset. Not at him, but at the trainee he was talking to. Sunggyu points a finger at the trainee, saying something Woohyun couldn't understand. 

Woohyun runs over to the pair, but Sunggyu was too angry to even notice him. Before he could ask what was going on, Sunggyu pulls his hand back to throw a fist. Without a second thought, Woohyun uses himself as a shield to protect his fellow trainee. Sunggyu halts as he recognizes who was in front of him. Not a second later, Myungsoo and Sungyeol were right behind them. 

“Hyung!” Myungsoo holds Sunggyu’s arm firmly. He looks at Sunggyu, and then to Woohyun. Noticing the bruise on Woohyun’s lip, he questions, “Did you do that to him?”

Sunggyu sneers at his brother’s question and brushes off the grip in his arm. He walks away from them and shouts at the crowd to gather for training. 

“What was that all about?” Sungyeol looks at Woohyun for answers, but the latter could only answer with a lowly shrug. 

Woohyun slowly turns to the trainee cowering behind him. Myungsoo sees the other male as well, as he says, “Tell me your name and explain what just happened.”

“H-Hong Joochan, sir!” Joochan salutes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter