birdbrain

Elude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Did you all see the previews of Woohyun and Sunggyu being all lovey dovey in the pepsi fanmeeting? hehehe they were so cute :<

-

Woohyun looks around him with a sigh when he realizes that he was the only one practicing his Bonjutsu alone. All the other trainees were finalizing their striking techniques with their seniors, but Woohyun was standing still in the middle of the field, all alone with no guide to help him. 

Sunggyu was somewhere else, judging the trainees one by one of they have learned their moves properly. Right now Woohyun was just as nervous as everybody around him, not wanting to get the punishment Sunggyu had mentioned they'd be getting if they failed the practical test. Eventually his eyes wander to where two figures were relaxingly seated under the shade of a tree. It was Myungsoo and Sungyeol, he realizes. Without hesitation, he walks over to the two males with his long stick resting on his right shoulder.  

Sungyeol gives Woohyun a glare once he steps inside their shade. "What do you want?" He spits out, pointing his stick to Woohyun. 

"Myungsoo," He calls out. "I need your help." 

Myungsoo rubs his eyes lazily, saying, "Help with what?" 

"Well, Sunggyu's busy…Nobody's around to help me with the strikes." 

The youngest boy out of the three sits up straight, giving Sungyeol a smile. Sungyeol, on the other hand, looked displeased as usual. 

"No—" 

"Look, I got to help him." 

Sungyeol looks at Woohyun again. "Go away." 

But Myungsoo had already stood up, taking Sungyeol's stick with him. 

"Yah!" 

Myungsoo pulls Woohyun by the arm as the two of them walk back to the field, leaving Sungyeol alone under the tree as he tried to scream his lungs out.  

"Won't he get mad at you?" Woohyun asks in concern once they were finally far away enough from Sungyeol. From where they were standing, he could still see the male from where they left him with his faint screams making Myungsoo burst out in laughter. 

"Me? Nah." The faint smile on Myungsoo's face doesn't leave. Woohyun realize how truly handsome the younger boy was. "The guy's practically in love with me." 

This makes Woohyun chuckle. 

"Ok, let's see…" Myungsoo holds his stick with much strength as he slightly taps Woohyun's legs. "Yah, keep your stance right." 

"O-oh, sorry." Woohyun charges his right foot forward and vertically aligns his left hand in front of his chest while his right hand was gripping on his stick. He shows his starting stance with much determination, making Myungsoo nod. 

"Alright, now show me all the striking techniques. I'll stop you immediately when I notice something wrong." 

With a quick nod of his head, Woohyun elaborates all the striking techniques he's learned over the past two days. He knew he wasn't great at it, but he liked holding the stick more than holding a gun. Plus, despite the undeniable weight the stick had, once Woohyun swung it around the air it felt like it was as light as a feather. 

"Wait." Myungsoo interrupted. He grabs Woohyun's wrist and says, "You're holding it wrong. Your thumb isn't supposed to rest on the surface." 

Immediately, Woohyun corrects his mistake and looks at the younger boy again, his eyes asking if there was anything else he'd like to add. Myungsoo scans him from head to toe before he shows the other male a thumbs up. Woohyun takes this as a go signal and continues to where he left off. 

"Loosen your wrist." 

Woohyun inwardly sighs, not sparing the senior a glance as he continues hitting the air. "How do I even do that?" 

"Stop a for sec." Myungsoo stands right beside Woohyun as he does the same forward stance. "Look at how I do it." 

Woohyun walks back a few steps as to not get hit by the stick and watches the other gracefully execute the strikes in a very neat and orderly manner. Woohyun's lips were slightly parted in awe as Myungsoo literally shone under the scorching sunlight, and wow, was the boy attractive. 

"You aren't even watching." Myungsoo sighs and slowly brings down his stick. 

"No! I was watching—" He lied. 

Myungsoo was about to say something when he suddenly gets pushed aside. It was Sungyeol, they both realize. And he didn't look happy. He forcefully takes the stick from Myungsoo's grasp and abruptly tries to hit Woohyun with it. 

"H-Hey!" Woohyun backs away in an instant. "What are you—?" 

He gets cut off with another strike from Sungyeol. This time, Woohyun blocks it with his own stick. His eyes go over Sungyeol's shoulder and locks eyes with Myungsoo, asking for help. But the younger boy was just standing there idly, his arms crossed over his chest as if Woohyun possibly getting beaten up was amusing. Oh well. He doesn't realize that everybody in the field had their eyes on the two trainees. Woohyun was too focused on Sungyeol's stick and which block he needed to use. 

"Stop using defense! How will you learn if you keep running away?" 

Woohyun was at loss for words. His mind was out of concentration because he was damn nervous. He blinks once, and it was just enough time for Sungyeol to sneak in his stick from the corner of Woohyun's eye, hitting him on his right arm. The pain was enough for Woohyun to drop his weapon, and Sungyeol tries to hit his head this time. Thankfully, Woohyun was fast enough to dodge it and pick up his rod again. 

He wasn't going to go easy this time. He charges his left foot forward and attempts for a hit on Sungyeol's ribs, to which Sungyeol perfectly blocks. Woohyun tries again, raising his stick above his head. However, Sungyeol uses his long arm to grab Woohyun's stick, pulling it out from his hold. 

"That's not fair!" Woohyun gasps. He watches in horror as Sungyeol throws his stick somewhere far behind them, leaving him weaponless. 

Sungyeol walks closer to him with his face looking angrier than before. "I don't really know why, but you sure do piss me off." 

Trying to make light of the deadly situation, Woohyun releases a chuckle. "That's funny because Sunggyu told me the same thing." 

Sungyeol raises his stick in the air, about to strike down, when in one swift motion Woohyun was able to kick Sungyeol's legs and also pull his stick away from him at the same time. The adrenaline rush was overwhelming. He didn't even think twice before he pushes the taller male to the ground with all his strength while he lifts up the stick again just above Sungyeol's chest. 

"That's enough!" 

Sunggyu's loud voice was like an alarm to Woohyun's ears. He immediately drops his arms and averts his eyes to his senior, who was of course, frowning. 

"I leave you for a while and you decide to play games?!" 

By this time Sungyeol was already on his feet. His expression didn't scream happiness either. Great. Now Woohyun was sandwiched between two flaming hotheads. 

"He started it." Woohyun wanted to say. But he kept his mouth shut, staring at the dried up grass instead. Sunggyu's eyes were now on Sungyeol. The once soft gaze he always gave the other was now gone. Even Sungyeol looked fairly surprised. 

"Just because you don't train like the others it doesn't mean you could already do whatever the hell you want!" 

Then he shoots Woohyun a glare. "And you! You cause a commotion everywhere you go! Didn't I already teach you a lesson?" 

Woohyun gulps nervously. The stare Sunggyu was giving him was making him sweat ten times more than he should be. Myungsoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter