chocolate muffin

Elude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: my titles are always irrelevant and are only random words used in the chapter. please comment at the end tell me what you think! ^^

 

 

The latter part of the day was still focused on shooting. This time though, they try it out with dummies and not the round wooden targets. Sungjong stands next to him as they shoot with their own dummies a few feet away. The gun feels foreign around his fingertips, and he didn't like the feeling of holding unto it as if he'd accidentally shoot his own head if he wasn't careful.

Woohyun later uses up all his bullets after constantly attempting to shoot at the head. He's failed enough times for Myungsoo to shake his head at him, and Woohyun looks around to check how the others are doing.

Not good. Some better, definitely, but Woohyun's still the worst. What catches his eyes is Sungyeol. Sungyeol's dummy didn't have a lot of holes around it like Woohyun's did. Instead, it has only one black hole digged thru its forehead.

Sungyeol was done for the day. After just one try, he was done, revolving the gun around his index as if it was no big deal. Sunggyu stands next to him, also observing every trainee since it's his job as their leader.

His eyes suddenly lock with Woohyun's, and Woohyun is startled but doesn't look away. Heat rushes to his cheeks with the memory of Sunggyu pointing the gun at him this morning. Or maybe it was something else. He wasn't really sure.

Sunggyu looks away after a second with a furrow of his brows, and somehow, Woohyun feels triumphant. He feels a tap on his shoulder, and he turns back to Myungsoo whilst suppressing the smugly grin forming on his lips.

"No time for goggly eyes, ok?" Myungsoo hands Woohyun a new reloaded gun. "Eyes back to the target. Focus."

Woohyun nods and brings up his gun. He tries to stiffen up his arms, but Myungsoo tells him to relax his shoulders. And so he does. With his eyes on the faceless dummy, he tries to think it was Sunggyu. A recall from yesterday runs across his mind where Sunggyu almost killed him with the deathly punch of his.

Woohyun shoots. A hole embeds on the dummy's head perfectly.

Myungsoo smiles. "Good job."

"Thanks."

"But not good enough. Try again."

Suppressing a groan, Woohyun brings back his aim and shoots again. He misses this time, and Myungsoo was determined to go at it for hours to improve Woohyun's aim.

They finish off when Sunggyu tells them they were done for the day. Exhausted, Woohyun was about to walk back to the dorms when he loses sight of Myungsoo.

Woohyun looks around the sea of mixed trainees and seniors when he spots Myungsoo at the very back, laughing at something Sungyeol said while Sunggyu was tailing from behind with pockets in his hands.

"Right…" Woohyun thought to himself as he started to walk away. "Why did I expect him to walk back with me anyways…"

Suddenly, Sungjong appears at his side which distracts him from his mental monologues. "What floor are you in?"

"The 12th." Woohyun shrugs. "You?"

"The 8th."

They squeeze themselves in the elevator once they reach the buildings again. Sungjong drops by the 8th floor and bids Woohyun a goodbye. Woohyun goes up to his room a few seconds later and drops down exhaustedly on his bed.

There was still a few hours until dinner time at the cafeteria, so Woohyun's got just enough time to rest. He closes his eyes and dreams about his parents that night.

A few hours later, Woohyun wakes up with a small scream escaping his lips as the memory of his parents dying haunts him again in his sleep. It was dark, and the lights weren't on, making him feel blind. He probably missed dinner by now, which because Woohyun was starving from the day's training.

Woohyun sits up from the bed, rubbing his eyes, when he hears something move. Alarmed, Woohyun tries to make out a figure in the room, and he sees it. Just across him was a black figure also sitting upright like him on the opposite bed.

"It's just me." He hears Myungsoo say. "Seems like you had a nightmare."

Woohyun doesn't speak and hears some more shuffling of feet. Suddenly, the lights turn on, and Woohyun sees the younger boy by the door with his hand still on the light switch.

Myungsoo stares at him expectantly, like Woohyun was supposed to say something. After some time, Woohyun finally breaks the silence. "What?"

"You shouldn't really skip meals like that." His senior says out of the blue, causing Woohyun to be a bit taken aback.

"Why do you care?"

"I don't." Myungsoo walks back to his bed, and Woohyun realizes that he was in casual, night clothes now.

Myungsoo doesn't look the least bit intimidating with his loose white top and shorts that just cut off above his knees. He looks just like his age—like a normal, teenage boy who hasn't been training for years to fight or kill.

Woohyun feels sorry for him a bit. With the thought of how his childhood was forcefully taken away, having no choice to be born unto such an environment, how could you not?

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Like what?" Woohyun doesn't realize that he's been staring for so long.

"Like…" Myungsoo hesitates. "Like I'm some kid." The look on his face was scary, or hateful.

"You're not." Woohyun isn't lying when he says this. Although he hasn't seen much yet, Woohyun knows what Myungsoo is capable of. And it's definitely not a capability a normal young boy would have. "That's not what I see you as."

"Good."

Woohyun decides to change the topic. "You…were you watching me in my sleep?"

"Yes." It was a fast reply with no hesitation. "You were talking in your sleep, it was interesting."

"You think…I'm interesting?" Woohyun almost scoffs at that. He doesn't think he was interesting of a person at all and was the dullest human being on this planet. He lived a normal life with his grandmother, he attended school regularly, and he's not like some handsome crazy psycho killer like Myungsoo. How could he be interesting in any way possible?

"You stood up to Sunggyu hyung twice, as if you don't mind dying or something." Myungsoo chuckles at what he says, then he sighs. "Kinda reminds me of how Sungyeol was back then."

"What?"

Myungsoo realizes that he's said something wrong. "It's nothing."

But Woohyun continues to press on it. He wanted answers, and he's not going to get it if he doesn't ask. "Back then? What do you mean? Why…Why are you so close to him anyways when he just got here like me?"

"You don't know anything." Myungsoo stares at Woohyun coldly, as if he wasn't chuckling just a second ago. "I shouldn't even be telling you about it. Go to sleep."

"Oh, c'mon! Just tell me the story!"

Myungsoo throws a pillow at him very strongly that Woohyun falls off his bed from the impact. Taking the hint, Woohyun crawls back in his bed. But he doesn't fall back to sleep, too afraid to witness his nightmares again.

That morning, Woohyun wakes up alone. Myungsoo wasn't in the bed next to his, and he wonders why his senior had already left him without giving him a clue to what they were about to do for the whole day.

He slips out of his bed and lazily walks over to the bathroom to freshen up when the door suddenly flings opens to reveal a freshly showered Myungsoo. The younger looks fairly surprised to see Woohyun too, but he didn't flinch at all. Woohyun, meanwhile, thought he just might get a heart attack.

"You scared me." Woohyun says, clutching his chest.

Myungsoo pushes him aside quite harshly with a snort. "Such a wimp."

"Don't call me that."

"I'd call you whatever I want, wimp." Myungsoo pauses in his actions, his hair wetting his uniform but he doesn't seem to notice. "Wimphyun." Then he goes laughing at his own joke—which Woohyun doesn't think was funny at all—and slams the bathroom door on Myungsoo.

+

"Ok, so today we have to focus on fighting."

Woohyun gulps. "I don't like fighting."

Myungsoo was walking too fast for Woohyun's liking. He didn't know where they were going either, but he was trying his best to run after Myungsoo who seemed like he didn't care at all if his trainee was keeping up or not.

"Well, you're gonna have to like it now."

Woohyun was panting as he was running alongside the other. "W-Wait for me."

Myungsoo only looks back at him for a second before he's facing the front again. "How about you keep up instead?"

When they get to enter a sort of like underground arena, all eyes were on them as if they've been waiting. And yeah, they kind of were waiting for the two of them.

"You're late." Sunggyu says, which shocks Woohyun a bit because he thought they were just in time.

"Sorry…I…" Myungsoo glances at Woohyun from the side of his eyes and sighs. "Woke up late."

Sunggyu brushes it off and orders everybody to sit down on the floor while he demonstrate something up the platform with Sungyeol.

Woohyun wasn't paying attention though. "Why did you say that?" He whispers.

"Say what?" And Myungsoo whispers back with his eyes to the front, pretending like he was watching the performance.

"That you woke up late. It was my fault—"

"If I revealed you were the cause then Sunggyu wouldn't probably punched you again." Myungsoo still had his gaze glued on the stage, and Woohyun realizes that he's actually looking at Sungyeol. "And I don't want to work with a disabled trainee, as if you aren't disabled enoug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter