getting closer (literally)

Elude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu and Woohyun had just finished moving the two beds apart and had successfully positioned them back to their proper place when somebody suddenly knocking on their door. 

"I'll get it." Sunggyu says, running a hand through his hair as he walks. He opens up the door and is slightly surprised to see his brother right in front of him, a pillow hugged to his side. "You're sleeping here again?" 

Woohyun, curious, stands up from the edge of his bed to see who it was. "Oh, hey…Where were you the whole day?"

Myungsoo looks at the both of them first before his eyes go downcast. He looked like he wasn't in the mood for interrogation, so he steps in without any notice and lays his pillow down on the floor. 

Sunggyu closes the door to follow after his younger brother. He watches Myungsoo lay himself down on the cold floor looking troubled. "Yah, what do you think you're doing?" Sunggyu pulls Myungsoo up by the arm immediately, looking at him straight in the eye for a few seconds before he realizes that his brother wasn't alright, but he knew better than to provoke the younger male further. At times like these, it was always better to let Myungsoo cool down. 

"I'll connect the beds again." Woohyun interjects softly, glancing at Myungsoo worriedly before he's off to do his task. 

After a while, the three of them were laying on the connected beds again like last time. Sunggyu was the one in the middle this time while Woohyun and Myungsoo were both at the either side of the beds. None of them were talking, but they were still fully awake—especially Myungsoo who had his mind circling on a lot of things. 

Woohyun was resting his head on one of his arms while his feet were literally dangling off the edges. He breathed out his mouth nervously, Sunggyu's own breath was hitting the back of his neck. It was painfully uncomfortable but at the same time Woohyun was slightly enjoying it. Why did he like this so much? Maybe he really was a masochist like Sunggyu said? 

"Woohyun-ah..." Sunggyu whispers lowly, his breath tickling Woohyun's skin. 

Woohyun's breath hitches when he feels Sunggyu's hand press on his back. And then it creeps up on the nape of his neck, sending him goosebumps. Slowly, he cranes his head backwards to where Sunggyu was when a swift movement of the hand causes him to jolt off the bed and down on the floor. 

"!" Woohyun curses out loud from the pain. He looks up at Sunggyu angrily, who had his face pressed on the edge of the bed with a smirk. "You think this is funny?" 

"No." Sunggyu fills the quiet room with a hearty laugh. "It's hilarious." 

Pissed, Woohyun stands up and pulls his pillow from his side of the bed. Then he storms out of the room, successfully shocking the two brothers when he closes the door with a bang. 

"Yah! Nam Woohyun!" 

Woohyun ignores the loud shouts coming from the other side of the door and rests his back on the dented wall adjacent to it. He didn't know why he walked out like that. Where was he even supposed to go? He contemplated for a while if he should just go back inside and apologize, but his pride didn't allow him to. This was the first time he walked out on Sunggyu, and truth be told, it felt amazing. 

With a small triumphant smile on his face, Woohyun walks over to the door right next to theirs, giving the wooden obstruction a total of three knocks. The door opens almost immediately, and Sungyeol was right there—the hopeful expression on his face turns into an disappointed frown in less than a second. 

"What do you want?" Sungyeol hisses, his eyes glancing to the pillow Woohyun was carrying. And before Woohyun could get to reply, Sungyeol was slamming the door close on him. 

"Wait!" Woohyun pushes his foot in swiftly. Then he uses his upper body to push the door wider, revealing an unhappy Sungyeol. "C-Can I sleep here for the night?" 

"No." 

"Come on!" Woohyun shows Sungyeol a sheepish grin. "Myungsoo's staying over at my room anyways. So it's just right for me to sleep here for the night too.

"…Myungsoo's in your room?" 

"I just said that." 

Sungyeol rolls his eyes. "Is he alright?" 

"Yeah, I guess. He's awfully quiet though." Woohyun looks at Sungyeol directly in he eye. The other male looked greatly lost and disturbed, just like Myungsoo a few minutes ago. The trainee is left to wonder what happened between the two. But he knows he'd never get an answer out of Sungyeol, so he doesn't even bother to try. "Can I come in now?"

It takes a few seconds for Sungyeol to think before he's slowly opening the door wide open for Woohyun to enter. 

"Alright, but you sleep on the floor." 

-

Woohyun wakes up on Myungsoo's bed, feeling slightly glad that Sungyeol didn't really protest when he made himself comfy on the mattress last night. Sungyeol, too, was already awake. He was walking around the room in circles, stopping when he realizes that Woohyun was looking right at him. 

"You're awake. Now get out." 

Groaning, Woohyun takes the pillow from under his head and drags himself off the bed. He didn't need to be told twice anyways as he was now trudging himself over to the door while sparing Sungyeol a longing look. 

"Thanks." Woohyun mumbles, a hand on the door knob. "You know, for letting me sleep in." With a tired sigh, Woohyun lets the the door creak open before he steps out, his head hung low, feeling quite disoriented and sleepy.  

Woohyun hears another door open. He lifts his head up and sees that Sunggyu was exiting the adjacent room as well, the permanent frown was etched on his face like normal, until it fades away when his eyes catch a glimpse of his trainee. 

"Yah…" Sunggyu approaches him slowly, and Woohyun could tell the older boy was worried again. "You slept in Sungyeol's room?" 

Woohyun nods, showing a small forced smile. "At least I got my own bed." He jokes. The smile leaves his face in a flash though when he sees Sunggyu's hand up in the air, and for a second Woohyun thinks he's getting hit, so he turns his head the other way with his eyes closed shut. But then he feels Sunggyu's hand on the back of his head, gently patting his hair. 

"I wasn't going to hit you..." There was something in Sunggyu's tone that made Woohyun feel bad. He sounded offended, or hurt at the very least. Woohyun wasn't sure. "Come on." He says, his hand had now slid down to the skin on the back of his neck. "Let's go get breakfast." 

-

Woohyun blinks. 

"What are you looking at?" Howon kicks Woohyun's chair under the table with an annoying smile on his face, earning a glare from Sunggyu who was beside him.

"Didn't I tell you not to bother him?" Sunggyu hits Howon on the back of his head, his mouth still stuffed with rice. 

Rolling his eyes, Howon angrily stabs his sliced potato with his fork, shoving it in his mouth angrily. 

"And you," Sunggyu points a chopstick at Woohyun. "Are you not going to eat again?" 

Woohyun silently picks up his utensils and starts stuffing himself with food. Their table of three people were quiet now as they started eating without uttering a word. But the silence didn't really last that long until Sunggyu catches a glimpse of his brother entering the dining hall.

"Yah, Woohyun-ah." 

"Yeah?" 

"Go after Myungsoo and tell him to sit over here." 

Obediently, Woohyun stands up right away and starts walking his over to the entrance. It didn't take that long for Woohyun to come back to their table with Myungsoo by his side, food tray on his hands. They were talking about the events of last night, and where Woohyun spent his evening. But before the latter could explain further, Myungsoo had already stopped in his tracks when he sees Sungyeol right next to Sunggyu on their table. 

Sungyeol was joyfully chatting with Howon and Howon's his secret stash in his room. It was obvious Sungyeol was pretending like Myungsoo wasn't there. It annoyed the hell out of Woohyun, but he kept quiet and ushered the younger to sit down across from the three. 

"You're coming right?" Sungyeol lightly slaps a hand on Sunggyu's chest. "Later tonight." 

Sunggyu seemed like he was enjoying the topic as well. "And if you guys get caught? I'll be held responsible then?" 

"Of course!" Howon interjects with a smile. His arms were crossed above his chest, looking as smug as ever. "It's the only reason we're inviting you." 

"Want to die?" Sunggyu hits Howon again. "I'll think about it." 

Sungyeol laughs way too louder than necessary. "Think about it? Hyung, you're the best drinker I know! We haven't drank in such a long time and you're just letting this slide?" 

"I said I'll think about it." Sighing, Sunggyu neatly aligns his chopsticks above his plate then glances to the two boys in front of him. Realizing that Myungsoo was there, he snaps his head towards Howon and Sungyeol again, saying, "Don't you dare invite Myungsoo over. He's too young to drink." 

"Fine." Howon shrugs, flicking some rice over to Woohyun's direction. 

"Yah!" Woohyun frowns. 

Shortly after, Sungyeol too had found entertainment by practically throwing food over to Woohyun's side. Sunggyu groans at the immaturity and opens his mouth to stop the both of them, when Myungsoo beats him to it. 

"Stop it, seriously." 

Howon and Sungyeol's laughter dies down a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter