masochist

Elude
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing Woohyun sees when he opens his eyes is Myungsoo with his arms stretched up in the air. 

"What…" Woohyun whispers to himself, obviously confused. What was Myungsoo doing in his room? 

The younger one takes notice of Woohyun's awakening and slowly puts down his arms, saying, "Oh, hey. How are you feeling?" 

He groans. "Ok, I guess." Woohyun closes his eyes in an attempt to sleep again as he shifts his body to the other side. It didn't take long for him to realize that Sunggyu was right in front of him, in an awfully close proximity, sound asleep. 

Myungsoo chuckles when he sees Woohyun's reaction. "Isn't he cute though when he's sleeping?" 

Well, cute was one word. 

Woohyun backs away until he deems it far enough from the other. He turns to Myungsoo, his eyes practically asking for an explanation. 

"Well, Sungyeol's furious at me so he kicked me out. I decided to sleep here, and the only way all three of us could fit on the beds was to connect them together." 

A soft chuckle escapes from Myungsoo's mouth as he stares at his older brother softly. 

"Hyung was on the floor when I saw him this morning. I woke him helped him up back on the bed." 

"Oh." Woohyun glances at Sunggyu again and realizes that the older male didn't look the least bit terrifying at such a peaceful state. 

"Uh, I'm going out for a morning jog. Want to come?" 

"No thanks." He yawns. "I think I'll go get some more sleep." 

And at that, Myungsoo exits the room leaving only Woohyun and Sunggyu together. It's been a few minutes until Woohyun decides that couldn't sleep with the fact that Sunggyu was literally right next to him. And he doesn't even know why it was such a big deal. Woohyun just wanted some rest. After a few minutes, he feels a hand on his neck. His eyes shoot open with surprise as he turns his head back the other male beside him. Sunggyu was awake now and the said man was staring right back at him with his eyes looking darker than usual. 

"How are you feeling?" 

Sunggyu's deep morning voice makes Woohyun feel something churn in his chest. He gulps nervously, or was it in excitement? He's not really sure. 

"Looks like your fever is gone." 

"A-Ah, is it?" 

Sunggyu lets out a short laugh, his husky voice as if echoing throughout the silent room. "Why are you so nervous?" 

"I'm not." He looks the other way, clearing his throat. It was awkward for the two of them to be talking in such a position, so Woohyun sits up straight with his knees folded erect. "Sorry…I kinda passed out last night." 

"Kinda?" Sunggyu rubs his face with his palms, his soft chuckles were muffled. "You were out the minute you swallowed the pill." 

There was a short pause between them. Woohyun didn't really know what to say, or what to do. Instead, he places his head on the surface of his knees and waits for Sunggyu to start talking again.

"Your arm, how is it?" 

"It's fine." Woohyun mumbles. "Don't worry about it." 

After a second, Sunggyu sits up from his position as well. He rubs his eyes with his fingers, obvious that he didn't get enough sleep. 

"Yah, go get me water. My throat feels so dried up."

"…It's because you shout too much." 

"What?" 

With a teasing smile, Woohyun says, "Never mind." 

"I heard it, you idiot." Sunggyu uses his palm to push Woohyun's face away with much force that his body stumbles to the side. "Just go get me a glass of water."

Woohyun tries to swat the hand away from his face when his senior suddenly holds unto his wrist, stopping him instead. Sunggyu was about to let go of his hold when something intriguing catches his attention. He tugs unto Woohyun's wrist a little too hard, pulling it closer to his face. That's when Woohyun realizes what Sunggyu was looking at. 

He tries his best to retract his hand, but the older male was obviously way stronger than him. "Let go—"

Sunggyu doesn't talk for a while, too busy examining the three faded cut wounds on Woohyun's skin. "What is this?" He couldn't believe that he hasn't noticed them before. 

With one strong tug, Woohyun finally gets his wrist free. He immediately covers the cut marks with his other hand, his eyes downcast. 

"Yah." Sunggyu calls out, his eyes directly on Woohyun's face. "Look at me, will you?" 

Woohyun refuses to face the other as he now had his head on his knees again. He feels Sunggyu's hand touching his shoulder, but he doesn't budge. 

"I did them when I was younger, ok?" Sunggyu hears Woohyun sighs. "It's not a big deal." 

"Tell me what happened." 

Seeing that Woohyun was reluctant, Sunggyu nudges him again and says, "Come on. We're friends now aren't we?" 

Woohyun feels like laughing. He lifts his head up from his knees, looking at Sunggyu ridiculously. "Really?" 

"What?" Sunggyu couldn't help but smile back.

"Now that you want something from me, you're calling me your friend?" 

Sunggyu keeps staring at Woohyun as a response, the smile on their faces now gone. Nobody speaks up for the next few seconds until Woohyun lifts his wrist up in front of his face, recalling the time he had done this to himself. The three horizontal marks were now faded—barely visible until you look at them from up close. 

"I first cut myself a year after I lost my parents. I was nine at that time." Woohyun laughs pathetically, his finger pressed on the marks. "One was for my mom, the other for my dad." 

Sunggyu's never looked at Woohyun for this long before. He would be such a big liar if he said that the younger boy wasn't attractive. This realization hadn't really dawned upon him, not until now when Woohyun was only an arm's length away—looking sullen and still as if he was a beautiful painting. 

"The third one…" 

Sunggyu waits patiently for Woohyun to continue. For the first time since he could remember, he was actually being patient. 

"I did the third one when I heard the news about Boohyun." Woohyun shrugs casually, as if him cutting his skin open, bleeding to death almost, wasn't a big deal. "One cut for every death. And now since my grandmother is dead…"

Sunggyu knew where this was going. And he didn't like it. "Woohyun, listen—"

"I'll go get your water."

"Wait," But his trainee was already up and heading to the door. "Yah!"

The door shuts close, and Sunggyu is left alone in the silence of the four walls. He plops himself back on the mattress and closes his eyes, patiently waiting for Woohyun's return. 

-

The cafeteria wasn't serving food yet, but water was always available. He slowly makes his way to the water dispenser, but he was in lack of a glass. There was nobody around to help him, and nobody really around to see what he was about to do. Woohyun was now fast on his pace as he jumps over the long counter which led to the kitchen. He opens up the drawers until he finally finds himself a glass, filling it up with water immediately before he's sneaking out the door. 

Thankfully for him, nobody was out at this time of the morning to catch him breaking the rules. He eventually reaches the lobby of their dorm building, feeling satisfied that he hasn't spilled a drop from Sunggyu's water. The soldier supposed to be guarding the building was dead asleep on his table, making it easy for Woobyun to slip in th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter