The Thing Between Nags and Bags

The One You Never See Coming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an early Friday morning and Jjong is in Yura's dorm. He dropped by to see her one last time before he films overseas and to check her and her members. They have been the center of gossips when Sojin admitted being in a relationship with a surgeon who was her middle school classmate. Although the issue wasn't expected to cause so much fuss since the group had been hinting on disbanding, which is the bigger issue, it still made some fans furious.

After Girl's Day's 6th anniversary, Sojin opened up about disbanding since she and her boyfriend were already planning to get married, the three of them mutually agreed on it easily.

After the they decided, they immediately notified their company. Of course, the company at first didn't welcome their decision. The company only yielded when the girls pointed out that they have reached all that there is to reach and have already shown all they've got. They stressed also that it is about time too, for them to focus on their personal lives and individual careers. They promised the company that they will work together for one last album as a gratitude to them and to grant their fans request.

'' Oppa, how about we go public too...'' Yura tip-toed on the topic. 

'' You know that is not easy, we can't be sure how people will react.'' Jjong worried after  Sojin's admission received mixed public reaction.

'' But you can at least like somehow, give vague responses when you're asked. That is better than the outright ' No, I am not dating anyone'.''

He just shook his head.

It had been a torture for her, although Jjong is always oblivious, she knew a lot of women tried to hit on her boyfriend. He became prone to dating rumors too.

'' So until when are we gonna be like this?'' she asked impatiently.

'' They are gonna find out eventually. It is not like we have been hiding.''

'' Then when we'll get caught again, we'll give them the same lame excuse.''

'' We will admit it.'' He assured her.

Although dating scandals have been less controversial now that Korean top stars begin to date openly, Jjong and Yura had been at odds at admitting the relationship publicly. They were caught once when a netizen captured a photo of one of their dates and uploaded it on SNS. Thankfully the photo taken was not compromising enough for them to easily deny that they are dating, they were able to effectively justify it as a casual hang out among friends. They were actually with Hyeri and Sung Joon, but the attention was directed to them being a former virtual married couple. The situation could have been an opportunity for them to admit the relationship but through some deliberation Jjong insisted on keeping things under wraps. He rationalized that it would affect her group's comeback at that time.

'' When are you coming back? Will you be home in between shoots?''

He thoughtfully looked at her, '' It depends on how it will go, we might stay there for a month and a half. You'll get by.'' 

'' Just make sure I won't hear rumors. You stay from her or any woman. You know how people add colors to something innocent just to make an issue.''

'' You don't really like her, do you?''

'' I just hate it when she seems to be close to you. Why wouldn't she text one of the production staff about her concerns and not you?''

'' Jin Ye Seon is just excited for the movie, it is not what you think.''

'' I warned you.''

'' Arasso.''

'' I have to keep going.''

She stared at him for a long while, overwhelmed with the sadness of his coming absence. She knew it would be hard for her being used to seeing him regularly. He let out a sigh, feeling her emotions as well.

He spread his arms, and Yura automatically stood up to give him the hug. He embraced her, as she nuzzled on his shoulder, it was one of their saddest hugs ever. He wanted to let go first, but she hesitated.

''I really have to get going.'' He said and planted a kiss on her forehead. She loosen the hug and tiptoed to give him a quick peck on the lips.

'' Take care.'' He said before taking his coat, and then walked to the door.

'' I am gonna miss you.'' Yura bid in a shaky voice.

He turned around and gave her a wry smile.

 

1 month later

'' Unnie, have you read it?'' Hyeri nervously asked Yura as she entered the dorms kitchen.

Sojin looked at Hyeri knowingly and shot Yura a worried look. Yura obviously hasn't read it yet. Well, the news came out just 15 minutes ago.

'' Woman Sense released some photo.'' Sojin stated matter-of-factly.

'' Photos? Who are dating?'' Yura nonchalantly asked as she scoured the fridge for something to eat.

'' Hong Jong Hyun and Jin  Ye Seon.'' Sojin retorted.

Yura felt her body grew stiff. Her mind went blank and she totally zoned out. Jin Ye Seon...Jin Ye Seon...Jin Ye Seon the name repeatedly flashed on her mind.

What she heard was the nail that closed the coffin of her dying relationship bliss. Jjong hasn't called her for days. His texts were always hollow and perfunctory, just the usual good mornings, good nights and take cares. He seemed distant and disconnected whenever she calls him. He is always rushing to end the calls, he is either about to shoot a scene or he is too tired and needs to rest. What puzzles her though, is that he seems to be enjoying himself too much, as what photos uploaded on SNS by random netizens show. He was always beaming in the photos.

Like every person in love, she had faithfully tried to ignore the nagging feeling of being like a neglected girlfriend. If what he did could be considered as a mistake, she had silently forgiven him. But whatever she heard right now had stamped the emptiness she felt while her boyfriend is far away. Could this be the reason of his recent aloofness?

''Unnie.''  It was Hyeri's call that woke her up from her shock. '' Don't  get carried away.'' Hyeri hugged her and left her and Sojin.

'' Gwenchana?'' Sojin asked her. '' This shouldn't bother you, knowing him. But, that woman, really.'' Sojin shook her head in disbelief. '' Does she know about Jjong's status?'' Yura has shared to Sojin and the others that she has negative vibes with Jjong's new co-star, and it seems Yura's gut-feel was right.

'' I don't know... Can you show me the photos.''

Sojin hesitated. But it will be pointless not to show Yura the photos. She'll see it everywhere anyway. Sojin handed Yura her phone.

The photos are all over every entertainment portals now. Most netizens expressed belief to the rumor. Of course Yura's name was dragged since the netizens have long been suspecting her and Jjong to be in a relationship. Some comments were pitiful towards her. The Woman Sense article alleged that Hong Jong Hyun and Jin Ye Seon are dating for two months already. According to their article, Jjong had courted Ye Seon through text way before the two started to shoot their movie.

 Yura couldn't conceive what she just read. The paparazzi photos though is another story. One captured Jjong and Ye Seon sitting close to each other during a meal. It felt like a pinch on the arm. The other seems to show them sharing an intimate hug. It felt like a punch on the gut.

'' When is coming home? Has he called you?'' Sojin asked.

'' I don't know...'''

'' Both their agencies denied it.''

''Of course.''

Yura's phone rang. It was her mother. Sojin motioned that she will leave the kitchen, but Yura gave her a pleading look so she stayed. She knows what this call will be all about. Her mom called checking out on how she is coping with the issue. But the thing though is her mom siding on Jjong. She was advised '' not to take the rumor as the truth and wait for his explanation''. She really wonders what Jjong had fed her mother, for her to have that faith in him. Faith, that on her part is becoming shadowy.

'' Ottoke...'' she gave Sojin a pleading look. If there is someone who would understand what she is feeling, Sojin is one of those persons. She had confided to her all what she is feeling lately and as what friends are, they provided her with the much-needed validations and affirmations. Sojin gave her a hug, and her eyes just gave in what it has been holding for days. 

'' Stop crying,'' Sojin shook her '' What if this isn't really true? This would be embarrassing.''

She was able to hold back her tears realizing that it would become a waste.

'' But he is acting like a jerk l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter