The Taste of Strawberries with a Hint of Cigarette

The One You Never See Coming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fresh from a successful comeback, Girls Day was busy as ever. Their promotions might have ended but still they are busy answering love calls for CFs, magazine shoots and TV appearances as a group and individually.

It is already 8 pm, Yura was just done rehearsing a performance for an upcoming award's show when her manager came up to her.

'' Yura-yah, go change. Your boyfriend is waiting at the parking lot.''

'' Nugu?'', she asked unsure of what she just heard.

'' Your boyfriend. Go.'' he shooed her away.

Yura was surprised that Jjong is picking her up, but she is more surprised at how he could ask her manager to send her. Her manager has been very protective of her. He was one of the people who got loads of worries after knowing that she and Jjong had been dating. It is not that he doesn't want her to be happy, it is just that he fears the consequences of her to be caught in a scandal. She was happy though that through time he warmed up to Jjong. He never complained even once  at sending and picking her up during her private dates with Jjong. She knew that somehow they have each other's number, but she is clueless on the depth of the two's friendship, that is if they have one.

He had not been giving or answering calls for the past two days. She was too busy that she didn't have time to stress over it and the Jjong she knew isn't the type of guy who will call and text her constantly in a day. He is the type who'll call only once just to check how she is, what she has been doing, what she plans to do with her day, or how her day has been. With both of them really busy this set up is convenient enough. She knew for a fact too that he is busy wrapping up shoots for his current series, she held unto this reason to rationalize her boyfriend's being incommunicado for two days.

The two are each other's lucky charm. They are at the high point of their carrers now. Having been able to star in two box office hit movies and  landing lead roles in two well-loved dramas, Jjong has established himself as a profecient and lucrative actor. As for Yura, her group's comebacks has been succesful and their dream of doing a lot of overseas concerts was sweetly attained. She had also carved her niche as an actress. Her greatest work  as an actress to date, is a romcom movie with Kim Soo Hyun. Of course given KSH's popularity the movie was not only nationally patronized it also made profits internationally. Playing his love interest gave Yura the public recognition she never expected. Her performance received tons of positive feedbacks, that critics noticed her strong screen presence, she was not overshadowed by KSH's portrayal, she succeeded in making her character stand-out. With her popularity she scored a great deal of endorsements and was lucky to land a significant role in a series and another movie.

Yura quickly freshen up and change her clothes. She hurriedly went to the elevator, excited yet uneasy in meeting her boyfriend. This move of his wondered her, he had been always discreet. Coming to her agency today can be perilous, anytime a paparazzi might just catch them together. It must be that he just miss her or something is up for him to meet her urgently.

She spotted his car and went inside quickly.

'' Annyeong'' she greeted him cheerily.

'' Are you hungry?'' he blankly asked.

'' I had my dinner an hour and a half ago. I would like some dessert though.'' She told him with her blinking eyes aegyo. '' How about you Oppa?''

He just shook his head and started the car. Yura started to blabber out how her past days are, like she normally does, she told him things that usually would make him ask questions and laugh but it seems like she is having a monologue presentation in front of an unimpressed and uninterested audience. His replies were limited only to slight nods and quick glances. Yura's gut feel ealier was right all along. Something is going on with this man, but she can't figure out what it is. She can't help but feel heavy with the atmosphere between them.

He stopped the car along the banks of the Han River and went out of it without saying a single word. He felt the pleasant breeze of the wind hit his face, it was refreshing enough to cool down his head a bit. He isn't the jealous type, and he isn't especially the type of guy who gets insecure that easily. But something just hit him, he never had felt it this intense before, he is jealous and insecure. Yura has worked with a number of guys,  he had seen her kiss them, she even had a love scene with KSH, but he knows her well enough that however intense those skinships are, for her it is all work and that she is his and his alone. He was able to hide and then dismiss his jealousy during those times. But there is this one guy that he wants to punch the day lights out of. Baro. The guy who Yura doesn't talk about, the guy who had Yura before him, the guy Yura's friends like, the guy Yura played lovey dovey 3 days ago in Running Man. 

It was a Sunday evening he, Sung Joon and Soo Hyuk were chilling at his pad, killing time before heading out to a gathering with some of their industry friends. He knew Yura was a guest on Running Man, so he tried to watch a little of it as he always does to all her TV appearance. Sung Joon and Soo Hyuk joined him. Yura taped that episode a week ago and he knew that she was with other idols. But Yura seem to forget to mention to him that Baro was also a guest and that Baro is on the same team with her. He at first tried to hide his surprise, but his two friends knowing him too well and also being privy with what's going on between him and Yura started ahemming. He was aware that the two are looking out for his reaction. The two have been exchanging conspiratorial glances and were exaggerating their ''Ohs'' and ''Ahhs'' whenever Yura and Baro were focused by the camera. He was able to keep his cool when the two started to hoot during a relay game where two from each teams has to hold hands and relay an item to their other team mates. Yura and Baro of all the other the team members are partners. 

'' Hyung, look how that Baro guy holds Yura's hand? The game is over but he is still holding it.'' Sung Joon stated in mock annoyance.

''Ommo, ommo''. Soo Hyuk exclaimed as the other team members were teasin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter