The Just Man is Just a Man

The One You Never See Coming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They've been together for two springs and two summers, and one fall and one winter. They've been together for almost two years. Their days together were not made of pink and fluffs. Their were rays of rough grays too. Conflicting schedules, opposite moods, short tempers, clashing personalities sometimes causes them misunderstandings, petty fights and  even cold wars that goes on days. Ordinary people getting through these is normal, but for two celebrities in an undisclosed relationship, this is a tough feat. Had their relationship been founded on shallow feelings, questionable sincerity and little patience the two could have broke up early on their relationship. The bumps they experienced thankfully has got them stonger and closer to each other. 

''Annyeong'', Yura sulkily answered her phone.

" What is with that voice?'' Jjong Hyun asked laughing.

''What's with that question?'' She irritatingly asked back.

They just had a fight a day ago. She got hurt when she found out that Jjong had a day off, he didn't even let her know. She just found it out when she saw an SNS sighting of him and his friends enjoying some drink. She felt jealous, it was like he would rather be with them than be with her.

''Wae? Are you still mad at me?''

Yura didn't answer.

'' Can you come over at Sung Joon's place at 7pm? He is throwing a little celebration.''

Sung Joon  has just been casted in a Hollywood action movie.

" I can't.'' She flatly rejected.

'' You know, we need to talk. I don't have much free time in the next days...'' 

'' Yesterday, we could have talked right?'' She mocked.

'' Enough with that... Just come over. Please... '' she can hear him swallow. 

He sounded blue that she couldn't help but thaw. This is one of her problems she can never be mad at him for a long time. She sighed at her thoughts.

'' How would I tell Jun Ho Oppa? It is already 5:30. He doesn't like not getting notified ahead of time.''

'' Hyeri is coming too.''

''Hyeri?''

'' She didn't tell you?''

'' What's with her and Sung Joon?''

'' I don't know...''

Now Yura's annoyance is no longer directed to Jjong but to Hyeri. How could she not tell her? She used to diss Sung Joon whenever she teased them.

'' Okey. We'll see. I want to eat kogi.''

Jjong laughed. He can't belive the kogi's power in pacifying Yura.

'' I'll make sure there will be kogi.''

After hanging up Yura stormed Hyeri's room.

'' Unnie? What's wrong with you?'' Hyeri was surprised with Yura's sudden invasion ''Did have a fight again with Jjong Hyun Oppa?''

'' Since, when did you call him Oppa?''

'' Wae? You don't like me to call him Oppa? Minah Unnie calls him Oppa, too.''

'' What do you call Sung Joon?''

Hyeri was taken aback by the question. Her eyes widened and was agape for a few seconds. Her reactions only confirmed Yura's suspicion.

It was actually her who gave Sung Joon Hyeri's number, he asked it because according to him he wants to ask Hyeri a common friend's number. The two gained a number of common friends after being casted in a drama together a year ago, but whenever she teased Hyeri that they could be a great couple, her maknae acted like the idea pissed her off and began a series of Sung Joon diss. So it surprised her and the other members when Hyeri recently started to communicate and hang out with him regulary.

'' Are you two dating? She straightforwardly asked trying hard to conceal her excitement.

'' We just made it official a day ago.'' Hyeri said pouting shyly.

'' Why are you only telling me this now? Does Jun Ho Oppa know this?'' She worried.

'' Unnie, you were busy moping and sulking yesterday, I am sensitive enough not to tell about how the happy news.'' Hyeri mockingly answered." I think I don't need to tell Oppa. He has somehow  figured things will go this way.'' 

 

*****

Yura almost backed out when Hyeri buzzed Sung Joon's unit but Hyeri quickly grabbed her. She just realized how shameful this would be to her. First, it is embarassing because the guys in attendance probably knows about her and Jong Hyun's petty fight, second, these were the same guys she got jealous with. She closed her eyes when the door opened and she could hear someone's laughter, the low sound of some EDM and that particular person's voice. Hyeri shook her from her little trance.

''Annyeong'' Hyeri's eyes were glistening as greeted Sung Joon. 

Yura gave a look of disbelief at how Hyeri could shamelessly do her aegyo to which Sung Joon seem to enjoy. She just waved at him, and the two walked ahead of her hand-in-hand. They really exude  the new-giddy-lovers vibe. Her eyes were scanning the room, searching where that particular voice, she heard ealier, is coming. She caught his gaze. He just looked up from his phone. He smiled instantly. She hated herself for never getting used to it. He had always this effect on her. She looked down. He stood up and came to her, grabbing her wrist and dragged her to the sofa. She smiled at his friends. Young Kwang, Soo Hyuk, Se Jun were the only the other industry people who were there  rest of the 12 people party were their non-celebrity friends.

Se Jun sat near them.

" Yura-yah, how you have been? I hope Jjong Hyun isn't giving you a hard time, you seem to lost some weight?'' Se Jun comfortably asked her.

She has grown close with his friends, that they were no longer awkward to each other.

'' I am doing great, Oppa. I have been working out like crazy these past week for a magazine shoot, so I lose some pounds. And yeah, Jong Hyun never fails to give me a hard times too.'' She said while flipping her hair and shot Jjong an fake irritated glance.

Jjong bowed his head, laughing lowly at Yura's remark. His friends will taunt him about their tiff.

'' Chincha?'' Se Jun laughed.

'' Aigoo...'' Jjong who was blushing from embarassment shot her a why-are-you-doing-this-to-me look. She just laughed at him.

" Who is giving who a hard time?'' Soo Hyuk piped in their converstion.

" Of course it is Yura who is a hard time to Jjong Hyunie.'' Young Kwang answered. '' Have you noticed how he spaced out yesterday when he received Yura's text.''

Now, it is not only Jjong Hyun who was feeling embarassed. Although she was satisfied to hear what Young Kang said, she was worried on how much his friends know about their fight, she  tried talking to him with ther eyes, but Jjong missed her signals.

Jjong felt an overwhelming flood of shame of what Young Kwang spilled. He just exposed one his vulnerabilities. His Aigoos were free flowing.

Thankfully the conversation shifted to Hyeri and Sung Joon when the two emerged from the kitchen carrying food. They all had a cozy dinner together with playful conversations, there were booze too to keep the get together interesting.

The group decided to move to a nearby bar to celebrate. Jjong politely asked to bail out cause he has enough alcohol and he told them that he has to show Yura something. The group laughed at his second reason, throwing double entendres.

'' Oppa, somehow I feel nervous of what you are going to show me.'' Yura talked while they were on the way to a place.

'' You will like it... I guess.'' He was smiling while driving.

'' Is it a thing?'' He shook his head.

'' Is it a new toy?''

'' Uhmmm. You got a new pet?'' 

'' Are you gonna introduce me to your parents?''

He sort of nodded.

She may have looked so shocked because Jjong was shaking with laughter with the back of his palm covering his mouth like he usually does.

" Chincha? Ommo, ommo. I dressed so casually Oppa. I am even ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter