The Kiss

The One You Never See Coming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

''Where are we going?'',  Yura asked excitedly.

''Hmmm... Somewhere you'll like'', Jjong smiled smugly giving her a side glance.

''Really?'', she asked with wide expecting eyes.

'' Somewhere, where we'll make a great memory.''

She stared at him lovingly, feeling thankful and knowing for sure that this man holds a space in her heart she never knew existed.

Although thoughts were never spoken, Jjong, somehow seem to sense what her thoughts are. This has always surprised him, never in his life had he met someone he can connect to this kind of level. This is one of the instances that words are unnecessary. He naturally grabbed her hand which she received warmly. It may be the simplest act of affection, but it is their favorite. Feeling the warmth of each other's palm, with fingers entertwined, they feel a sense of togetherness, they feel physically connected to each other.

Will this day end with good memories? Will this day really be the end? Yura thought.

Yura laughed when she realized that he was taking her to  her favorite restaurant, they have celebrated her twenty-third birthday here, memories flashed back on her mind pleasantly. The restaurant was fortunately not crowded that time.

''Why here?'', she asked.

'' I want to feed you meat and this is the only place I know that you will surely enjoy it.''

While having their lunch their conversation veered  into recollections of the times they used to have, looking back at it they realized that they didn't really have serious misunderstndings. But Yura was curious of something.

''Oppa what's yout favorite moment?'' , was Yura's shy inquisition.

''I'll tell you later.'' Jjong replied.

''Why not now?'', she pouted.

''It is embarassing.''

'' I think after gaining the Hong Bingu nickname, one has no longer the right to get embarassed. '', she smirked while chewing meat.

Jjong just pretended not to care and continued eating giving her glances.

Yura not being used to not getting what she wants from him tried bargaining.

'' Okey. I'll tell you mine, then tell me yours.'', she said brightly.

Jjong, remaining unmoved, just stared at her, stony-faced. He was purposely doing it, he knew this kind of deed pisses her off. And as always he loves teasing her this way, always finding satisfaction on how cute her annoyed face is.

Yura continued as if unaffected by his non-chalance.

'' Just so you know, I never received any proposal in my entire life. The proposal you did would be in my Top 3 most memorable moment. I always happily look back at that moment, although as you have said... it wasn't really grand, it was one of the most sincere words I have heard...'' , she unhurriedly confessed.

Stirred at his insides Jjong maintained his I-didn't-hear-anything-moving front.

At her wit's end Yura is in the verge of an emotional breakdown. On their last day?Who told her to make this day memorable? Right this day is memorable, terribly memorable. How could he do this to her?

She regretted the unpleasant thoughts she had earlier that day, maybe this is happening because of it. How could he not respond to what she has said? She was pouring her heart out, and he couldn't even give a nod as a response?

A thought struck her, maybe he was just tuning her off, maybe he was just slowly withdrawing his self from her. Her tears betraying her, begun to fall and she immediately turned to her side to hide it, in doing so, she hit her knee hard onto the table. At that point she doesn't know if she was crying either because she was hurt emotionally and physically or she was just embarassed to feel both.

Jjong was alarmed by what he saw. He was not expecting her to be this emotional, his guilt was starting to consume him. He never meant it to be this serious. He was just teasing her.No, no, she is getting it all wrong, he thought.

He immediately stood up and rushed to her side. She was doing her best in avoiding him. He nudged at her

''Go away!'', she lightly pushed him.

He tried to laugh hiding his nervousness.

''Why are you crying?''.

''I've hurt my knee.'' She wiped her tears, feeling wise to have thought of that excuse.

'' Just because of that?'', he laughed hard like what he just heard was the most ridiculous reason.

''Why? Do you want me to hit your knee t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter