The Moving On

The One You Never See Coming
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yura has been chosen to be one of the students to serve as a docent during a fashion show for a luxury brand which will be held in the art museum one of her professors curate. She was considered lucky to be chosen from a lot of students who wanted to take part in it. They had their 2 days orientation on what their duties would be. They wouldn't just be welcoming guests and leading them to their seats they would also be  museum tour guides for a night. She finds it fun learning everything about the museum's collection. Her blockmates were more interested on the celebrities they will meet though. International and local celebrities, artist, and socialites will flock to the event. Each of them will be assigned to tour some personalities.

The night of the fashion show came. The museum was bustling with personalities and the media. She is a celebrity herself, but the amount of celebrities who were present still overwhelmed her, most of them were dressed to the nines with glamorous airs. They were given uniforms for the event, for females they were given a pair of white bow blouse and black pencil skirt. She played around her look by putting on diamond earrings and donning her curled hair into a pony tail.  They were briefed and were given the list of guests they will be assigned to tour the museum after the show. They were assigned 20 persons each, but the good thing is only a few of them are expected to make a tour. When Yura scanned her list,  a list written in Roman Alphabet, a name made her heart skip a beat. Through the dim atmosphere of the place she nervously read the name of a person on Number 12. 

12. Jung Hyun... she closed her eyes, wishing she didn't read it wrong.

12. Jong Hyun Lee... 

She was relieved that it was not ''Hong'' . She had not thought of that ‘’Hong’’ successfully for a week now. She doesn't want to ruin her winning streak for fighting against pining over that person.

The fashion show ended. And Yura was able to tour 5 persons on her list, her legs began to hurt since she has been standing and walking on for hours, guiding and touring some guests. She was relieved to be informed that most of the people on her list are not going for a tour since most of the guests were more interested in mingling than touring the museum. 

She was enjoying her 10 minute break when one the organizers called her to tour a guest. It was Lee Jong Hyun. She had known him for years, and the two of them somehow are good friends.

'' Annyeong, Lee Jong Hyun-ssi, I am Kim Ah Young. I am assigned to give you a tour.'' She curtseyed.

'' You sound so formal, what happened to you?'' LJH playfully nudged at her.

'' Anniya Oppa, I am here for business so I can't really be that friendly.''

''Even if it is with an old friend?''

'' Yes, since my professor might be somewhere watching me now and I'll get scolded. So where do you want to start Lee Jong Hyun-ssi?

'' Please lead the way. I feel so special being toured by the prettiest lady within the 5 kilometer radius?'' The man gave her a wink.

'' You haven't changed, haven't you?''

'' Yeah, still hot and handsome.''

***

Jjong came in late for his commitment that night, he almost didn't make it. And he Sejun Hyung is overseas, so he had to keep himself company.

He was staring down at his phone trying to contact his manager who choose to stay outside when he  caught glimpse  of a woman who passed by in front of him. He was only able to see her back. Even in that dark room,  even if he only saw her profle, even if she would stand a mile away from him. He knew it was her. He automatically stood up to follow her, but someone called him out.

''Hong Jong Hyun-ssi,  good evening.'' A tiny lady with a wide smile and twinkling eyes came up to him and bowed. " I am Lee Tae Hee. I am assigned to give you a tour. Would you like to go on a tour Sir?

The lady looked familiar to him, but he can't remember where and when he had met her. 

'' Yes.'' He robotically answered.

Miss Lee enthusiastically showed him pieces from the collection, but his attention wasn't on her. He was more curious on the conversation between Yura and Lee Jong Hyun,  who are just 10 feet away from them.  He can overhear bits of their conversation. He was wondering what could the guy be saying to make Yura giggle that much. And since when did she start laughing that way? It wasn't the laugh she used to have, her staccato and dolphin laugh. She was giving him soft giggles, and she blushed  while giving those. He didn't like it. No. Those giggles should be exclusive to him only. No. He should be the only one to make her blush like that.

***

'' This piece of art is done by an Austrian painter, Gustav Klimt.'' Yura proudly showed  LJH a painting.

'' Whoooaaaa. It looks so intimate isn't it?'' 

'' Yes. This artwork is famous for its depiction of love. Love that is passionate.'' 

'' Do you love passionately Yura-yah?''

The question caught Yura off-guard. She hasn't been asked that kind of question for a long time now. It felt intensely personal.

LJH was obviously waiting for her answer, it took her some moment to give out the reply.

'' Of course.'' She blushed. 

'' You sound defensive. Maybe you won't give out the same amount of love you receive.''

'' Anniya.'' Yura diverted the conversation back to the painting, '' As you can see the man and the woman is intertwined in a  hug and the man is leaning for a kiss.''

'' Why does the man have to always initiate it?''

''Of course. Men should make the first move.''

'' Only if the woman is as pretty as you.''

'' I am supposed to orient you with the art works Lee Jong Hyun-ssi, we should stop talking about personal stuff.''

'' How are you two, doing?''

''Who?'' 

''Your boyfriend.''

'' Hmmmmm.''

She followed his gaze and saw Jjong and his docent. He was staring at them. He even made eye-contact with her.

Yura was petrified.

'' You didn't know he was coming? He looks like he is gonna punch me or something. For a person who didn't show much skinship on We Got Married, I am surprised, that your man is a jealous type.''

Yura turned to LJH. '' He looks just like that. Don't mind him.''

'' You don't know about men that much do you? His brows were furrowed, and his jaws were tensed. If he is not jealous, he must be very mad. Or worst he is both.''

***

When their duties were done,  they were permitted to go home even if the party was still not over. She was still bothered to see him that night. He had been calling her for the past week,  but she chose to ignore them her pride overpowering her. 

The night was cold since winter is just around the corner. She walked to her car park, and from a far, she saw him leaning on it. 

 Her blockmates, Tae Hee and Boram,  caught on her before she could come near to her car.

They invited her to a night out.

'' Unnie, we are planning to go to The Maze. It is a nice place. There is this band who plays really good music and we are all gonna be there.'' Tae Hee  excitedly stated.

'' We  made a reservation. And we are given a break tomorrow so we can party all night and get drunk like crazy.'' Boram ecstatically added.

'' So, Unnie will you come and join us?''

Yura wished to join them, so that she doesn’t have to deal with that on her car . ‘’ Yes, I ----''

'' Sorry, but we are going somewhere. She'll pass this time.''

Yura was jolted when he cut her , her classmates froze when they saw him.

She almost bumped at him when she turned her back,  she didn’t notice that he walked up to them.

'' No. We can still cancel that.'' She side eyed Jjong.

She lied, they didn't have plans, but she has to ride with his bluff in order to kill her blockmates growing curiosities which showed on their faces.

Jjong possesively put an arm over her shoulder and playfully squeezed her, '' Wae? What are you talking about? We can't cancel that.''

Knowing that he'll never back down, Yura conceded.

''Tae Hee-yah, I think I'll pass this time.''

" It is okay if you couldn't come, Unnie. You can always join us next time.''

She watched her blockmates get into their car and speed away. She didn't know for how long she was standing there mad and wondering  what to do next.

''Where is your car's key?'', his question brought her back to her senses.

'' Why? I can drive by myself FYI.''

'' I don't have a ride home, my managers already left.''

'' And is it  my problem that you don't have a ride home? ''

'' Just give it to me now. People are watching. '' He said while glancing at the people around them.

Yura got her keys from her bag and handed it to him. A plan came to her mind.

Jjong went on the driver's seat and started the car. 

He waited for Yura to alight the car, but she just stood outside her arms akimbo, getting more upset of what just transpired. He honked the horn, but she stood fixed in her place.

Jjong went out of the car.

" Get in."

" I won’t."

'' I said get in.'' Jjong sternly asked her.

''Who are you to tell me what to do?'' She challenged.

Jjong grabbed her arm, but Yura resisted.

" Don't be ridiculous. Just get in the car, otherwise I'll carry you. And we will make a scene here. Would like that Kim Ah Young-ssi?''.

She glanced around and saw the people on the parking, some of them are  press people who are just waiting for a meaty opportunity. A few are even snapping pictures of them.

Jjong drag her to the car and  opened car's passenger's  seat, she stopped resisting and just let him do what he pleased.

He quickly started the car and drove off.

He kept asking her questions while on the drive.

'' Do you want to go somewhere? Do you want eat anything?''

'' Coffee? ''

'' Some drinks? ''

Yura shook her head to answer all his questions. He tried to engage her in a conversation but she was all passive-agressive. He decided to take her to his place, which exasperated Yura.

'' I want to go home.'' Yura firmly told him. But he didn't care.

 She was dumbfounded. She balled her hands in a fist, boiling of what is happening.

'' I asked you earlier if there is somewhere you wanted to go.''  He arrogantly said as they entered his condo's parking.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter