-II.

The Red Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three months.

Has it really been three months already?

Luhan smiled, looking out the kitchen window that could barely fit a sole person’s head. He swayed back and forth like a little kid, questioning the limits of how much longer the unsturdy kitchen stool could hold him.

“Yah! Will you stop playing around.” Kyungsoo scolded as he turned away from the stove before whacking Luhan upside the head with his hand. "I’m going to laugh if you fall.”

Luhan pouted, rubbing his hurt head as he looked at Kyungsoo with sad eyes, pretending to be dejected, but truthfully he was filled with warmth inside. It had only three months since this- his family took him in. He considered them his brothers. Sure, at first everyone questioned Luhan and didn't fully trust him, but as time grew they each learned new things from one another. Habits were unrevealed and trust was slowly gained . He considered them brothers in the little time he had met them. He knew from the start they were like family. I mean, who would take in a stranger who was being chased down by a lunatic vampire (as Luhan found out they were called), and knew nothing of his past except for his name? He really couldn't have asked for anyone better than them. However, the boys did have nasty fights, but was that not what brothers did occasionally?  

“Stop looking at me like that. You look ugly.”

“Ohhhh. You’re on your man period again aren’t cha?” Baekhyun's voice rang in their ears with a provoking tone.

“Luhan hand me that knife,will you?” Kyungsoo seethed in rage.

“Aww kyungie don’t be so -hurt 'cause it’s true.” Baekhyun poked at Kyungsoo’s chest teasingly .

Luhan laughed seeing as Kyungsoo took his apron off calmly before chasing down Baekhyun in a wild fury. Over the little time he’d been here he learned that these two were the pair who fought the most, yet were closer than all of them. There had yet to be a lone day were Baekhyun didn’t insult kyungsoo or the complete opposite. One would be tired seeing them with their endless fights, but not Luhan. He surprisingly enjoyed how Kyungsoo would end up beating Baekhyun most of the time. Hey- he wasn’t called satansoo in this household for nothing.

“Will you two ever stop?” Suho breathed, stepping in between the two. “And you, Luhan, you’re suppose to stop them!”

“Sorry?”

“Ugh forget it. Kyungsoo get back to cooking….it’s going to burn.”

Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly, remembering about the food, “Oh yeah...right.”

“Idiots…” Suho mumbled, watching Kyungsoo scurry away.

“Ya ready?”  Chen came out in fancy clothes along with Xiumin.

“Where are you guys going?” Luhan hopped off the stool, suddenly intrigued with the three in the living room.

“We need more food.” Xiumin shrugged.

“psh I ain’t going for the food. Have you seen them vampire chicks?”

“No chen. You are going for what we need only.”

“Exactly!” Chen protested, while Xiumin rolled his eyes.

“Can I come?” Luhan implored, eyes sparkling up with hope.

And this was the downside. Luhan’s been pretty satisfied ever since he started living in the old home. He could almost basically do anything he wants except leave the house. When Luhan asked the first time it had been the second week he had gotten here.  Suho had greatly frowned upon the idea, saying that the vampire that was chasing down Luhan was still out there. He told Luhan that until they knew for sure that the vampire was long gone, he could come anytime he’d like. Since then, Luhan asked every time they’ve gone out if he could tag along, hoping that Suho had finally agreed with himself that there was no more danger.

“Luhan…”

“Oh please, please,please .” Luhan clasped his now healthy hands together. “The thing can’t possibly still be out there! it’s been three months! It should have given up on finding me!”

“We can’t risk it. Maybe next time?”

Luhan’s face fell, similar to an expression a small child would wear when being told his mother had just died.

 

“awh come on suho…”Chen noticing Luhan’s facial expression and taking pity upon the boy.

  “No chen. that’s final. let’s go. If anything happens, Tao’s here to protect you all, alright?” Baekhyun and Kyungsoo nodded awkwardly while Luhan hung his head down and turned away. He heard a sigh leave Suho’s mouth before the front door was opened and closed.

“Don’t be so sad, Luhannie , I’m sure he’ll let you go out next time~!” Baekhyun patted Luhan’s shoulder.

“That’s what you said last time.”

“But I’m positive this time. Hey! You want to know what makes me feel better? Singing!”

‘’Oh god no” Tao flopped onto their old couch.

“I was asking Luhan” Baek Hyun's lips twitched in irritation.

“Pretty sure Luhan would say no.” Kyungsoo turned the stove off, sitting on the wooden stool Luhan had be sitting on.

“Your just jealous ‘cause you can't sing as great as me!” Baekhyun bit back and started singing an old song he or kyungsoo would usually sing whenever they were bored. Luhan figured that was the only song their parents taught them.

“You’ve got to teach me that song sometime.” Luhan said, not realizing his words just set off a bomb.

“But I could teach you better.” Kyungsoo argued, starting to sing as well. Baekhyun paused for a moment, before starting to sing louder. This time Kyungsoo was taken aback, before copying Baekhyun’s action. In no time, the two were yelling on top of their lungs instead of singing.

“Will you two-” THUMP. “What the was that?!” Tao stood up in a hurry from the couch.

He looked over at the three in the kitchen.

“I swear to god if-” Pitter patter was heard on the roof. All of them froze in fear, Luhan’s heart accelerating at the thought the beast might have found them.

“Let’s go.” Tao ran down the hallway, and into their bedroom, while the other three ran down after him. He searched wildly for something, tossing blankets and shirts everywhere.

“are you looking for your labradorite?” Baekhyun bit at his fingernails worryingly.

“yes. have you seen it? Do you have it? give it-”

“I-I think I-I saw chen have it on.”Luhan mustered up.

‘. I’m going to kill him.”

“That’s if we make it out of here alive.” Kyungsoo prompted.

“Way to help out the situation.” Tao glared before the sound of the door

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter