-VIII.

The Red Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where did you find that?”

 

Luhan shut the book in his hands, heart jumping slightly at the unexpected presence. He looked up at Sehun, sending a small, nervous smile.

 

“I….I….ugh kinda found it in your cabinet?”

 

“Don’t you think it's impolite of you to look in people’s things?” Sehun crossed his hands over his chest and walked over to Luhan in a leisuring pace.

 

Luhan avoided his eyes, looking down at the book instead, playing with the torn ends of the cover.

 

Sehun took the book, securing it in his arms, leaving Luhan frowning down at his empty lap.

 

“I’m not upset that you went through my things.” Sehun paused, expecting luhan to Look up at him, but when he did not he went on,” But I don’t want you to touch those books again.”

 

This time, Luhan found himself looking up.

“They’re just books, Sehun. It’s not a crime to read...or is it?”

 

“Of course not. Look, I’ll give you a different book-”

 

“What’s so wrong with those? Is it illegal for Humans to read it?”

 

“No, I just don’t want you-”

 

“You don’t want me to read them? Why? Is there something in there I should know?”

 

“Luhan, will you stop asking me so much questions?!” Sehun said a bit louder than intended to.

Luhan’s voice seemed to fade away; his words stuck in his throat when his eyes caught sight of the red gleamer in Sehun’s eyes. He frantically nodded his head, showing he understood and rushed out a small, “ Excuse me “ before he dashed to Sehun’s bathroom. He locked the door with sweaty, clammy hands, and backed away from the door, sitting himself down on the edge of the tub.

 

He was upset before- I mean, Sehun didn’t have to get so defensive over the fact he was reading a book, but now he was feeling more afraid than upset. He knew Sehun wouldn’t try to hurt him, but seeing those horrendous red rubies of eyes seemed to knock down every functioning nerve within Luhan. He doesn’t think anymore, and just decides to flee because those eyes mean he’s the one being hunted.

A knock at the door has Luhan jumping silly. He calms himself down, reminding himself that he was safe in this house and that no one would try to hurt him.

 

“Luhan, come out. I’m sorry for yelling at you.” He hears Sehun soft plea. Luhan stands up, walking cautiously over to the door.

 

“I’m sorry. If you want I’ll explain to you everything, but please don’t be afraid of me.”

 

Luhan opens the door at that statement and speaks with his head hang low, “I’m not afraid of you.”

“I shouldn’t have yelled. I’m sorry for that…..I’ll tell you everything, if that’s what you want.”

 

Luhan looked up at Sehun, smile placed on his lips, “ No, it’s okay. If there’s something in there I shouldn’t know until the right time, then so be it.”

 

Sehun could only smile back at him.

 

Luhan stirs awake on the third day in Sehun’s arms. He looks up surprised, and notices Sehun is walking up the Stairs.

 

Luhan blinks. He wasn’t in Sehun’s room anymore.

 

“Where are you taking me?” Luhan asks, voice hushed and husky from sleeping.

 

“Oh you’re awake.” Sehun smiles down at him, not once halting his steps, “ I was taking you to you’re room.”

 

Sehun stops in front of his room, “ I talked it out with Lay. We’ve decided you’re already strong enough to step outside the room.”

Luhan is put down slowly on his feet. “You could’ve woken me up, you know? It’s such a hassle for you to carry me all the way up here.”

 

“But you were sleeping.” Sehun protest comes out sounding more like one of a child. “ But you woke up anyways. Didn’t even get to carry you to bed.”


Luhan knows Sehun was joking, but it still managed him to get red in the face. He quickly avoids eye contact and bids a quick “Good night.” before he’s rushing to get into his room. He closes the door behind him, and nearly has a heart attack when he comes face to face with Baekhyun.

 

“I was going to pee.” Baekhyun explains before Luhan could even open his mouth. “But then I heard talking outside. So, I eavesdropped -And  Yes I know that’s impolite.” Baekhyun smiles when he sees Luhan frown at him. “You guys are cute and all, but I doubt Suho would ever let you get with the guy. Such a shame.”

 

Baekhyun giggled while his left hand came out to pinch one of Luhan’s rosy cheeks.

 

“Look at you, Blushing and all. Looks like you’ve made very good friends over the time you were in his room, huh?” Baekhyun winks, and Luhan slaps his hand away.

 

“Let me sleep. I’m tired.”

 

“Oh, I’m sure you are.”

 

“Baekhyun!” Luhan yells.

 

“ing , let me sleep!” Luhan hears Kyungsoo holler behind him. His eye catches glimpse of a pillow flying his way, and he manages to dodge it in time before it hit him. He looks behind him and sighs in relief when he finds Kyungsoo fast asleep once again.


“You’re sleeping next to satan today.” Luhan jokes, crawling to the other side of the bed.

Luhan lets out a groan as he wakes up to the feeling of a pile of weight on top of him. He moves around, trying to set himself free but is pressed further down into the mattress.

 

“Sorry Luhan.” He looks down when he hears baekhyun let out an equally suffocated groan. Luhan slightly tilts his head, catching sight of Kyungsoo and Chen ontop of Baekhyun’s back.

 

Chen slides down and away from the pile of humans until his feet rest against the wooden floor. Kyungsoo copies him, and Baekhyun rolls off of Luhan. Luhan sits up at the same time as Baekhyun and glares at all three within the room.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter