-IX.

The Red Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of water running and the clash of plates resonates across the almost empty kitchen. Luhan huffs a loud sigh as he scrubs down hard on a particular dark spot on the pearly white dish. His eyebrows pull together, almost chucking the dish across the room in pure frustration for if it weren’t for Suho taking the dish out of his hands.

 

“Luhan, that’s part of the plate.” Suho holds in his laughter.

 

“Oh.” Luhan blinks back at Suho.

 

“So am I done now?”

 

Suho deadpans at Luhan before he rolls his eyes,and pushes Luhan away lightly.

He turns away to continue his daily cleaning, but a panicked cry has him spinning back around.

 

“Suho hyung!Suho hyung!”

 

Suho’s brows come down in worry ; Baekhyun never calls him hyung unless he desperately needs something or something troublesome has happened. Neither are a good thing.

 

“Hyung…” Baekhyun stops, hands on his hips as he tries to inhale as much air as he can.

 

“Chen...He’s gone.”


 

Suho pales. He reaches to turn the water off with shaky hands, “What do you mean he’s gone?”

 

“We looked everywhere. Xiumin and Tao are still looking for him around the house in case he’s playing some game with us.” Kyungsoo cuts off Baekhyun before he can answer, striding into the kitchen with a clenched jaw.

 

“Are you sure you checked everywhere?” Suho rubs at his forehead, already walking out of the kitchen to search for him himself.

 

“Well….except their rooms.” Baekhyun says, voice coming out like a whisper.

 

“He wanted the Labradorite. ” Luhan stares at the ground, thinking back to what had happened a week before.

 

The three stare back at Luhan, suddenly bewildered about what he was talking about.

 

It isn’t until it becomes too quite that Luhan finally looks up to meet all three overly-confused expressions.

 

The three break into a cold sweat at the same time at the knowing look Luhan gives to them. How could have they forgotten about such thing?

 

“You don’t think…” Baekhyun swallows down the lump already forming in his throat.

 

“That idiot!” Kyungsoo screeches, “ Suho, we’re going to have to tell them. We can’t go out. We’ll be dead the minute we step foot into town ; you know that.”

 

“I know.” Suho nods, teeth nibbling on his lower lip, “ Let’s just hope we still have some time left to prevent that from happening to him.”

 

“Baekhyun and Kyungsoo, please go get Tao and Xiumin and please go inform each of them. Luhan and me will go tell Sehun separately.”

 

Suho watches as they leave and heaves a shaky sigh, “Let’s go Luhan. We need to be as quick as possible.”

 

Luhan nods curtly. He leads both him and Suho to Sehun’s room, all the while hearing Suho mutter incoherent worries under his breath.  

 

He lets himself knock on the familiar bedroom door without much thought. Suho has said it before: they need to be as quick as possible. His friend’s life was in grave danger.

 

Sehun opens the door, smiling upon seeing Luhan. His smile falters, however , upon seeing Luhan’s worried state. He turns to Suho, frowning when he sees an equally distressed state.

 

“Luhan, what’s wrong?”

 

“I’m sorry for the bother, Sehun, I know it’s early-”

 

“It’s eight, Suho.” Sehun shakes his head. He steps out of his bedroom, closing the door behind him.

 

“Is something wrong?”

 

Suho bites down on his lip harder, almost drawing blood. He lets his lip go immediatly, remembering it isn’t too wise to draw some blood in front of a vampire.

 

“Chen….he’s, how should I….” Suho huffs, rubbing the back of his head in frustration.

 

“He’s not here, Sehun.” Luhan finishes off, eyes downcasted to his feet.

 

“..Not here…?”

 

“He left the house...possibly went into town..”

 

Luhan looks up at Sehun when it gets too quiet. His eyes quickly meet Sehun’s face, vacant of any emotion.

 

Sehun’s eyes meet Luhan’s own in a matter of seconds. It isn’t until then that he understands what he needs to do.

 

“.” Sehun steps around them, walking in hurried steps.

 

“Thank you for telling me. I will inform-”

 

“We already know.” Chanyeol’s deep voice vibrates from the staircase.

 

“Me, Chanyeol, and Kai will bring your friend back safe and sound. Kri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter