-IV.

The Red Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The red eclipse shone high above the land, ever so slowly letting it’s color shine across the sky and cascade down into the vast lands below. As the moon did its job, A multitude of dirty, sore feet marched through the night, twigs and leaves snapping and rustling at each step they took. The group wore dirty clothes that clung to their tired limbs.Dark eye bags were seen under their eyes, every blink making them desire to close their eyes and fall into a deep slumber.That wasn’t the case for neither Sehun or Luhan. Luhan was currently on Sehun’s back because Sehun refused to let him walk alone and ,of course, vampire Sehun, who didn’t get tired easily.

 

“Wait--wait.” Tao breathed, plopping down onto the ground. Sehun stopped, pushing Luhan higher up on his back before turning back to face Tao.

“We don’t have time for waiting. It’s too dangerous out here. I’ve already told you all that.”

 

“I just needed to catch a breather.” Tao stood up. “How much more exactly are we from shelter?”


“Actually, we’re already here. Past those trees and up that dirt hill exactly.” Sehun turned away from the group, already walking towards the said direction. The group weakly trailed after him, hoping he wasn’t just fooling with them. Luhan and the group gasped in shock when they caught sight of the great land before their eyes when they made it to the top of the steep hill. Healthy grass, illuminated by the red sky seemed to grow everywhere, save for the where the stables stood, casted away a fair distance from the french chateau.

“Well, why don’t we all make our way inside and not just stand here like gaping fish.” Sehun said, making his way down the hill and into the green field. No one took more than a second to follow him, already anticipating a good rest. They passed few trees that were placed upon the land and a small fountain near the large home. Sehun made his way up the few steps of the home, placing Luhan down and bringing him close when opening the door. Stepping inside the dark interior of the large home, the group looked around the rich pieces of furniture and decorations. Luhan detached himself from Sehun, exploring the new home. His head looked left, right, up, and even occasionally down slowly. Luhan walked towards the sofa, sitting down before he turned his head to look out the wide glass door and windows near him. He jumped back, nearly falling off his seat, when a new face was now placed mere inches away from his own. The man smiled wide- too wide exactly, and that made Luhan concerned.

 

“What a nice surprise!” the man said, stepping back, giving Luhan a good view of his tall structure.

 

“Chanyeol, what did I tell you about scaring new people this way.” Sehun sighed, rubbing his forehead in slight irritation.

 

Chanyeol frowned,”What are you talking about-”

“Sehun! Oh dear lord! Do you know how long we’ve been looking for you?!” A handsome male, accompanied with another tall,dark-haired male, came walking into the living room.

Sehun rolled his eyes,” Looking only in my room twice a day does not count, Kai.”

 

“WELLL SORRRY FOR CARING!”

“Kris, can you go get Lay down here. I need him to care of this little guy’s foot.” Sehun said, petting Luhan’s head while doing so. The tall man nodded, leaving the spacious living room.

 

“And Chanyeol, please lead these people to the large restroom upstairs. Give them all a new change of clothes, and get them a room to rest in.”

 

Chanyeol sighed and grumbled something about having maids instead before leading the quiet and mesmerized group away.

 

“And what do I do,buddy? Help chanyeol out?” Kai grinned mischievously.

 

“You can stay here with me and Luhan. I don’t really trust you when you can’t keep it in your pants.”

 

“Sehun, I’m passed those days. I’m a proper gentleman now.”

 

“Start saying that when you stop staring at anyone you find attractive like the last piece of meat at a market.”


“What’s attractive is attractive.” Kai shrugged, “And what I saw in that small cutie that came in fits my ideal.”

“Please don’t hurt any of them..” Luhan quietly said.

 

“Oh, Luhan, he would never. I will make sure of that,alright?” Sehun smiled down at the quiet male, playing with his strands of hair.

 

“Sehun? Kris told me you needed my assistance” A man wearing glasses at the bridge of his nose came into the room, eyeing Sehun questionably.

 

“Ah,Lay. I need your help. The little guy’s hurt. Think you can fix his ankle up?”

 

The man chuckled,” Don’t ever question my skills, Sehun.”

 

Lay took his glasses off, setting them down on the glass coffee table in the middle of the room. He bent down, taking Luhan’s hurt foot in his hands and inspected the injury.


“You can take care of this easily…”Lay’s dark eyes looked up at Sehun’s.

“Wait--How’s he going to do that? Is he going to--”

 

“No.” Sehun looked over at Luhan before back at Lay.

 

“Lay, fix him up. Now.”

 

Lay frowned, but complied to Sehun’s request, “Let me just get down a few things.”

 

“So.” Kai said, sitting down next to Luhan. “How has life treated you?’’

 

“What?” Luhan was taken aback from the question. He would have never expect a stranger to ask a question long-time friends would only ask. Luhan went along anyways, believing vampires were just strange that way.

“I mean...How’s life been. How hard can that question get?”

 

“I’ve been chased down by someone who wants to kill me...what do you think?” Luhan crossed his hands over his chest. Not only did he surprise himself with his confidence, but the two males in the room,too. Sehun took a seat on the sofa’s rest arm, laughing at Luhan’s snappy response and kai’s taken-aback expression.

 

“Someone’s getting feisty.” Kai grinned,” Love it.”

 

“ I’m back.” Lay sing-songed, holding few things in his arms. He carefully put them down on the ground next to Luhan’s feet.

 

“Uhm...can you turn or something so I can examine you injury.”

 

“I have an idea.’’ Sehun smirked, taking Luhan’s small wrist and guided him towards his lap. Luhan blushed when he sat down, face facing Sehun. He cleared his throat and looked at the wide glass window in front of him instead.


“Don’t be shy, little one.” Sehun whispered in his ear, bringing Luhan closer so his chest was touching his own.

“Much better. Thank you, Sehun.” Lay grinned at the couple before taking a bottle in his hands. Luhan Looked down, watching as lay removed the cap.

 

“What’s that?” Luhan whispered to Sehun.

“Even I don’t know, but It should help heal your injury faster.”

 

Luhan whimpered, his injury pulsing when the cold liquid touched the cut.

“Shh, it’ll be alright.” Sehun drew small circles on his back.

“I won’t. I think I’m going to vomit at this sight.” Kai groaned, burying his face into the cushion further away from the three. Sehun shot him a dirty Look, but quickly returned to soothe Luhan, who was currently watching Lay wrap bandage around his ankle.

 

“There we go. Should be better by the next morning or so.” Lay grinned, satisfaction set in his smile.

“Thank you…”Luhan muttered.

 

“Now can you not just sit there any longer. I don’t necessarily like mushy- gushy stuff.” Kai wrinkled his nose.

 

Luhan blushed before attempting to get off Sehun’s lap. Sehun gripped his hips, not letting Luhan free.

 

“You can’t walk. I’ll take you upstairs.” Sehun said, standing up, causing Luhan to wrap his legs around Sehun’s waist in fear of falling. Sehun strode out of the room, and walked up the white stairs on his left. Sehun walked down a hallway, passing few doors before stopping to one where Chanyeol stood leaning next to.

 

“Is he much better?”

“I suppose. Lay did treat him up….Are they still cleaning up?”

‘’Yes.” Chanyeol groaned,” I swear it’s going to be a year before they finally come out.”

“Well, Luhan’s about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter