-V.

The Red Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan laid on his soft bed humming, Feet dangling at the edge of the bed as they made light kicks. He stared at the ceiling for a moment before closing his eyes, his long eyelashes barely touching the edge of his cheeks. The slow rhythm of light kicks came to a cease, and his humming stilled. He was on the brink of a nice rest ; His breathing become more relaxed, and was only a second away before he fell asleep. Three knocks was all it took before his eyes snapped open lazily. He groaned, rolling face down before he paused to listen to any noises that were expected to come. He smiled, closing his eyes,yet again when he was met with empty silence. Curling up, he exhaled, lulling himself back to sleep.

Unluckily for him, luck was not on his side.

Three,Four,Five,Si-

“Coming, Coming.” Luhan spoke, his voice muffled. He sighed, standing up to his feet and with lazy steps, he headed towards the door. His hand wrapped around the golden knob, pulling it back.

 

Xiumin stood on the other side, a grin adorning his face so wide Luhan thought it’ll be permanently stuck there. He abruptly his hands forward, old pair of sneakers in hand. Luhan looked down to the white pair of shoes,”For me?”

 

Xiumin nodded, smile growing wider ( if that was considered possible.). Taking them into his hands, he examined them. There were a few tears at the side, indicating someone had used these in plenty occasions.

 

“Put them on.”

“Will they fit?”

“Of course they will. I found them in a box, and the first thing I thought about was how small they were. Like your's,Kyung’s, or Baek’s feet.”

“Xiumin, I don’t think it’ll be okay if I use them.”

“Oh come on. It didn’t seem to me like anyone was using them. They were stored away!”  

Luhan sighed,slipping them on with so little struggle.

 

“Are you happy? Can I take them off?”

“Not just yet.” Xiumin took Luhan’s wrist in his hand,shutting the door behind them as they ran down the hall.They jogged down the marble staircase, each feet on each separate step.

 

“Xiumin, Where are you taking me.” Luhan breathed. They stopped in front of the door and Xiumin wasted no time as he hurriedly pushed it open.

“Xiumin, this isn’t right,” Luhan frowned. Xiumin payed no mind to him, lightly pushing Luhan inside the small supply room.

“Wait! We can’t just-” A sight of a small soccer ball had Luhan’s voice caught in his throat.

“A s-soccer ball! Xiumin!” Luhan ran, taking the thing into his palms. He giggled and he twirled it around in his palms.

“Do you remember? When we use to play with your soccer ball back home? It was so much fun!”

Luhan laughed, eyes twinkling at the faint memory.

“Too bad Suho took it away and hid it when we almost broke one of his stupid vases.” Luhan frowned,” It wasn’t fair. I was getting so good at playing too!”

 

“And that’s why We’re going to start anew again. This time,though, we have a big field to play in. It’s going to be so much fun!”

 

“Well what are we doing in this dusty room? Come Xiumin, we don’t have forever!”

Xiumin laughed, trailing behind Luhan. Walking out the main door, they ran out to the green ocean of grass, eyes squinting when the strong rays of the the sun hit their eyes. The two played for what seemed like hours. They laughed at the slightest thing as they played: Slipping, missing the ball, or even tripping on each other’s feet.

 

Luhan placed the ball down, hands on his hips as he inhaled the fresh air. A gush of wind ran through his hair, moving it in the same direction it moved. He smiled to himself,bringing his hands down to his sides just as he was about to kick the ball over to Xiumin once again.

 

“What are you doing out here?”

 

He turned to the source of the voice, Baekhyun standing to the side of Sehun by the main entrance of the home.

 

“Geez! it’s Freezing out here! How are you two not cold?!” He watched faintly Baekhyun shiver from where he stood . “And For the name of God Luhan, what’d you do? PEE?”

 

Luhan glanced down at his sweats, blushing when he realized small wet patches at the right side of his legs indeed looked like he did the following action.

 

“The grass was wet! I s-slipped!”

 

“You’re going to catch a cold! Oh my god, do you know how long Suho is going to whine about it? Get in here,damn it! You too, Xiumin.”

 

“But we’re Playing!” Luhan whined out, throwing a small tantrum. It wasn’t when he realized Sehun was there with Baekhyun did he stop, growing redder than ever before.

 

“We can continue another time. I promise. Plus, It is getting dark.”

“If you don’t keep it, I’m sending Kyungsoo to get you when you least expect it.” Luhan huffed, kicking the ball to Xiumin. He watched it fly a bit from the ground and into Xiumin's palms. He threw Xiumin a dejected look, before he trudged towards the home. He hastily walked by Sehun and Baekhyun, still embarrassed about the fact he acted a bit childish in front of Sehun. He headed up the stairs to his room to change, never turning back to see whether if anyone was following him or not.

 

 

It was nearly two in the morning when Luhan jumped out of his sleep for the ninth time due to the thunderstorm right outside his window. He was always a light sleeper, but Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were always usually there to help him sleep through the night.

 

At the thought of the two, Luhan sat up. He glanced at the empty space next to him ; Baekhyun and Kyungsoo had yet to arrive in the room. He took the covers of himself, slipping into his slippers just as his feet touched the ground.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter