XII

The Red Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

unedited rip. 

 

Loud snarls were heard throughout the cold basement, a human that was now too far gone chained to the dingy wall.

“What a shame,” a husky low tone resounded besides the growls.

Four heads turned up to see sehun walking down the cemented stairs with his hands tucked into his pockets. They didn’t say a word as they turned back to look at Chen, snarling like an animal with drool spilling between the smallest crevices his newly created fangs gave.

“Oh that’s gross,” Lay mumbled to himself.

“So, what do you plan on doing with him?” Kai tilted his head towards Sehun.

Sehun sighed, narrowing his eyes at Chen who was still currently snapping his jaw and pulling at the restraints, trying to get to them.

“Well, unfortunately, we already know there’s nothing to do right now.”

“Suho will be devastated..” Lay sighed under his breath.

“I think we all know the only way to save him, “ Kris said.

“That’s the problem,” Sehun sighed, “you don’t think if I wanted to kill the guy I would have done it already? I’ve gotten so close yet…”

“Seems like this time you’ll have no choice but to actually start going after him.”

“Seems like it.”

“Before it’s too late..”

“I actually have a way,” Chanyeol turned to Sehun.

Sehun incredulously looked at Chanyeol, “ If it involves-”

“I hate to agree with Chanyeol, Sehun, but-”

“Hey!”

“- I think it’s going to be the only way to lure him in.”

“But if Luhan gets hurt?”

“He won’t,” Lay shook his head, “ We’ll all make sure of it.”

Sehun sighed, worry sunken into his whole expression as he turned back to Chen who was now only silently glaring at them all with his fiery red eyes.

“Killing two birds with one stone?”

“And you promise that you’ll make sure that whatever happens, Luhan will be safe?”

“We’ll protect him and the rest with even with our last dying breaths.”

“Then I guess it’s settled.”

Being awoken rejuvenated had to be one of the best feelings Luhan had ever experienced. However, nothing could beat Sehun’s sweet smile and presence awaiting his awake. Luhan smiled and reached out to touch Sehun’s face though only to end up stopping midway. Luhan’s smile diminished, noticing that while the smile Sehun wore was sweet, it didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“Sehun,” Luhan croaked, “Sehun, what’s wrong?”

Sehun reached his own hand out to intertwine his fingers, sadly smiling now. “Besides the obvious, I’m sure something else had reawoken somewhere in those old memories of your’s.”

“I don’t-” Luhan shook his head, sitting up now, “r-really understand what you’re saying.”

“I had told you I was going to give you answers, remember? And to put it simply, the beginning to them all is not pretty, and trust me when I say this, Luhan, if it were up to me, I would have gladly avoided it. Fate, unfortunately, isn’t like that though, love.”

“You’re scaring me now..”

Sehun inhaled sharply and looked up to look at Luhan directly in his eyes, “ Do you remember what had chased you? When you were awake? When you were with Suho?”

Luhan froze, a sudden horrid realization freezing all muscles and thoughts.

Slowly shaking his head, Luhan searched Sehun’s eyes in hopes it was all just a terrible dream he could be awoken from.

Luhan shook with fear now,” No, no,no..”

Sehun came closer to hold Luhan, “I’m sorry.”

“I’m scared, Sehun. He’s trying to kill me. He’s always been trying to kill me!”

“You know I won’t let that happen.”

“And if not me, then you, “ Luhan was sobbing now, “ And, and,a-and i-i-if he does get you-”

“I won’t let that happen either.”

“Then how will we stop him, Sehun, how?! We both know he won’t stop until we’re both dead so he can take over, and if he does it’ll be the end!”

“I have a plan, Luhan,” Sehun grabbed Luhan’s face between his palms in order to calm him down, “ Luhan, I have a plan, but I’ll need you and the rest to be brave. Nothing will happen to any of you, I promise you that, but I’ll need you all to be not only wise but be strong too.”

Luhan heaved a heavy sigh, trying to catch his breath as tears still run down his face, “I trust you.”

It was late at night when Sehun finally emerged from his chambers. Comforting a hysterical Luhan to sleep had exhausted him, and he needed energy to recover. Granted, he may have recuperated from Luhan’s own blood now that he took his true form, but Sehun deemed Luhan wasn’t just quite ready for that yet; it wasn’t even a week since Luhan returned to his natural form. Strangely, however, Luhan did not seem to have gained his memories of his previous life. Sehun sighed at this, for this was another task that he would have to look into. Contemplating, Sehun ran a hand through his hair as he made his way downstairs. He planned to get well fed and return to Luhan as soon as possible. However, that was not an easy plan for the majority of the household were currently awaiting his return.

“Sehun!”

Just as expected, the group was ready to bombard Sehun thousands of questions regardings Luhan’s state. 

Sehun internally groaned.

Sehun turned towards Suho who nearly tripped on his way sprinting towards Sehun.

“Your child is fine there’s no need to worry,” Sehun kept it short in hopes that Suho would leave it that. He knew better, however. This was Suho he was facing, and he knew he would want to know everything that went down with Luhan’s state of being. However, he really did hope he could get something to eat and go back to Luhan before he woke up alone.

“No way,” Suho almost scoffed, “ He nearly dies, but hey that’s totally fine because all that was h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter