X

The Red Eclipse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ugh...fair warning...this might have lots of grammar errors and you might hate me at the end of this chapter? ;; Also, I'm sorry for taking so long (please read a/n at the end for a further explanation) 

 

 A few days after the whole chen incident, things have settled in quiet normally. At least that’s how it was for at least for a few weeks.


See, Over the time, Luhan had noticed rather odd behaviors coming from chen. Call it paranoia or whatever, but he still dotes back on what he saw upon chen’s neck. Of course, he didn’t tell anyone of these suspicions despite often catching chen suddenly disappearing instead of doing late night chores,and catching him glaring at him at dinner - a choice he should have taken into consideration because what happened afterwards became a painful and shocking news to everyone in the house.

As previously stated before, It had all started with chen disappearing instead of partaking in assisting others around the house and finishing up some house work. Of course, it had left many wondering about his disappearance, and they would continuously ask him the next morning where he had run off to. It all resulted with chen brushing off the questions, saying he had felt sick or that he had been asked to feed the horses.Needless to say, there wasn’t room for much argument the others could say with his response.  

 

Luhan, however, was still left skeptical. He didn’t want to cause panic unless needed, so he opted on paying a close eye on chen ; He decided if he had caught anything suspicious about chen, he would immediately notify someone.

 

The thing was, though, that there was nothing strange besides that. He had even gone as far as to secretly follow him throughout several nights, and he had found that chen had been telling the truth; He would just go to the barn to feed the horses. It was then that Luhan had felt ashamed of himself, and decided to end his mistrust altogether.

 

Later that night, however, things became even much more peculiar when Luhan had caught Chen glaring at him. His first fear of thought was that he had been caught stalking by chen ,himself, and he immediately planned to apologize, yet, he found himself astonished when chen told him in a quite cold manner that he didn’t know what Luhan was even apologizing or talking about.

 

Not only that, but Chen became much more cold towards Luhan after that ; He was only received with a cold attitude every time he would try to bring up a conversation to end the tension between themselves. It left Luhan extremely dumbfounded for it was unnatural from the usual warm and inviting behavior chen usually presented to everyone.

 

“Hey,Suho, do you know why Chen’s mad at me?” Luhan had once asked Suho.

 

“Chen’s mad at you?” Suho had stopped picking up the dirty dishes off the table in favor of skeptically looking over at Luhan.

“Luhan, what are you even talking about?” Suho chuckled before returning to picking up the plates one at a time, “the other day he had even asked me about your health. He sounded really concerned if you asked me, so I highly doubt he’s upset with you even for a bit.”

Luhan ended it there, but that didn’t mean he still didn’t have doubt at Chen’s attitude towards him.

 

 

A week later of Chen’s sudden hostility towards Luhan had finally brought Luhan to decide to put an end to it all. He opted that the way to solve a problem was to go directly to the source, but it had seemed as Chen wasn’t up for a talk with him.  It was almost as though he knew that Luhan wanted to speak to him privately about his conduct because now he had started to ignore Luhan altogether.

 

Luhan was simply sick and tired of it all so he had ended up cornering him when he had caught him coming out of his own separate room alone one day.

 

“Chen,” Luhan rushed to grab at one of Chen’s wrist.

 

“Let go of me.”

 

“Why are you acting this way so suddenly?” Luhan cut to it, keeping a firm hold on his wrist.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“You know exactly what I’m talking about!” Luhan snapped, “ All this! What..What is it that I’ve done to upset you so much?!”

“Will you just let go of me?!” Chen finally pulled his hand free from Luhan’s hold with a strong jerk and was determined to walk away, but before that could happen, Luhan had stepped in front of him.

“You’re not running away this time until you tell me what I’ve done to upset you so much.”

 

There was a long pause before Chen finally let out an exasperated sigh.

 

“I’m just hurt it all,” He finally said.

 

At this Luhan frowned, brows furrowing, “Of what?”

“It’s just…”Chen sighed, once more, hands rotating in the air as though he could suddenly make the words he wanted to say appear, “ I see the way you still look at me suspiciously even after I told you the truth - which was me feeding the horses- and you had to go as far as stalking me. I mean...don’t you have trust in me?”

Luhan had froze at that. It sounded so genuine to his ears ; he could clearly pick out the despair within his voice, yet it left him an uneasy and an unsettling feeling deep within his gut. He wanted to believe him, but it was just too strange for him. He simply knew there had to be more to Chen’s hostile behavior, but he had let it go.

Then on afterwards, Chen had became his usual self once more around Luhan. Luhan was relieved at that, and decided to forget everything that had happened between them.

 

Four days later, though, Luhan had realized his foolish mistake for his friend, and once considered family had betrayed him in the most harshest ways.

 

It had all started around dinner time. Luhan had just fini

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter