Hot Spring Tea

Smile For Me

"Where is Yixing?" a solemn girl questioned me softly. Everyone seemed kind of dead without the club's forgettful Changsha Pride. I couldn't help, but feel somewhat guilty. He did leave a note that another friend came to his aide, but that still tore a huge hole in my heart. I called at least three times a day apologizing and sent well over ten texts a day with the same. All I got was a small phrase that was supposed to soothe my aching heart (yet didn't): "It's okay." I ed up... and I don't like to swear, but I really did. Jongdae's strong charms hypnotized me, but that's not excise for what I did to someone that is my best friend.

"He's resting at his dorm. He got a cold," I replied, trying to control my emotions.

`"Mandarin duo, over here!" a smiling Jongdae motioned for me to sit beside him. The same table as usual, but only two chairs: one occupied by Jongdae and the other was reserved for me. The emptinesswas choking me. "Joonmyunnie, nĭ hăo ma?"

"Wŏ hěn hăo, nĭ ne?" I croaked.

"Ah... Joonmyun. I actually have a question for you," Jongdae gently took my hand.

"Shén me?" I peered up at him.

"Àirén, nĭ hăo shuài. Nĭ xi huan wo ma?"


"Yixing, I'm home!"

It had only been four days since I had entered this welcoming dormitory and I already loved this routine. It felt like we were an old married couple, "Welcome home."

"Did you got to the university nurse's office?"

I nodded happily, "I did. She said that by next week I can go back to classes, then my entire regular schedule afterwards."

"That's wonderful to hear. Any other exciting news?"

I began to recall my day, "Oh! I submitted six out of my fourteen missing assignments."

"Good job. You're going to be all caught up going back next week. I glad you're better. You look a lot happier now."

"All thanks to you, my awesome nurse," I beamed brightly. I looked at my cellphone as it began to ring again, for the third time today. It was Joonmyun. My heart shrunk as I stared at the caller ID and his bright smile for his default photo. Why did every call give me some sort of pain? It has never been like this. I know I need to answer it and talk to him-- actually have a full conversation and not just tell him it's all okay. My hand clenched into a fist as I continued to stare at the mocking call. It felt like a slap in the face. I could feel the anger beginning to take over. I could feel it all boiling over.

"Yixing, you're getting a call," he lifted the phone and answered it. "Hello?" I heard a muffled response. "Oh, Yixing is busy with some catch up work right now. He told me to take his phone from him, so he can focus." There was a response on Joonmyun's end. "I'll give him your message. It was nice speaking to you. Bye bye." My body relaxed and I could feel my anger fading away. "Are you okay, Yixing? You look red. Is your fever coming back." His hand rested on my forehead and I melted against his touch. "You're perfectly fine. Well, would you like some hot tea?"