[ I X ]

The Dead Wayfarers 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungho threw his bag onto the back of the truck and noticed s wasn't onboard yet. He scanned his surroundings. The only movement was the months old newspapers and other litter being toss around by the gentle wind. He heard the passenger seat opened then shut again, a man approached him from behind, "Sergeant Yoo." 

Seungho stared straight ahead, "It's been three hours, they're not back yet?"

"I'm afraid not...."

"I'll go look for them, if they return before me then tell them to stay put."

"Yes sir." The man answered, Seungho headed toward the path that marked their separation this afternoon. 

"Hurry up!" Howon gestured for the Dongwoo and Serri to run faster as he held the door open after shooting a wayfarer dead in the small home. Dongwoo kept his hands on Serri's back, supporting her as they rushed in together. Howon shut the door and locked it as the many deads slammed against it. The groaning and s grew as they began surrounding the front, even through the windows their dead and raw faces were smeared against the glass. 

"Go out the back!" Howon shouted, Dongwoo took the led as he held onto Serri's elbow. As Dongwoo and Serri slippe past the hallway toward the back, Howon was about to catch up when three dead wayfarers came out before him, stopping him in his path. They lined up as they turned around the corner, charging at Howon. 

The front door creaked as the massive tried to make their way in. 

Howon held up his gun, ready to aim when one got too close and grabbed the head of his gun. He slammed his back against the door and yelped helplessly. Then from behind a bullet flew through the air, running through the two in the back's head. 

Howon forced his head to the side when another came and hit the dead woman holding onto his gun, the front of her head was blew up and her body dropped instantly. Howon heaved short and heavy breaths as he turned toward his savior. 

It was no one other than his Team Leader, Sergeant Yoo Seungho. 

Seungho lowered his gun and stole a glance at Howon. The banging began behind Howon and with quick reflex he detached himself from it and hurried toward Seungho. 

In the back of the truck Howon was sitting alone where the men usually sat while Dongwoo sit with Serri, trying to comfort her. "Subin followed me you said?" Seungho asked looking at Howon who was in some sort of dazed. Yet his hearing was still sharp. 

"Yeah. She wanted to know your secret as to where you've been gathering your share. But seeing that you came alone, I guess she remained hidden till the end." Howon replied. 

Seungho sighed, "The path I took rarely had any dead wayfarers, if she followed me she should be back by now." 

"But she's not back....So what do we do Sergeant Yoo?" Dongwoo questioned this time. Seungho let out a sigh. He had never like her, she was nosy, flirty, and always clinging onto him. But if she was still alive, he couldn't possibly leave her. It'll just remind him of Irene and everyone else he had abandoned before. 

"We'll give her a few more minutes, if she's not back we'll have to leave-"

"Can't you just go find her? You found us after gathering so why can't you just backtrack and try to find her?" Serri asked this time with watery eyes. It was a fact that she and Subin has became relatively closed and that she was worried for her, but Seungho was more upset at the fact that Subin followed him. He was sure if she followed him then she must have seen Yongguk. But he wasn't sure. He could only assume. 

"Alright then. Stay here." Seungho said as he got off the back of the truck and landed on the hard cement beneath his feet. 

Subin slapped Yoo Jung to the ground and pointed her gun at CL's forehead. Yoo Jung covered the hand print on her soft cheek as she glared up at Subin. CL was more worried about the blood that was coming out of Yongguk's leg and the cut on his hit when he unintentionally hit the hard ground with his head as she forced her gun against his neck. Subin stood a little behind Yongguk's resting body. 

"How do you know Yoo Seungho?" Subin asked with flattening eyes. Cold sweat formed on CL's forehead as she looked up toward the gun just inches from her forehead. "I'm asking you, how do you know Yoo Seungho? Why did he come to meet you three here? Are you his friends?" She asked in a cold voice. 

CL swallowed the forming lump in before replying with short pants, "W-we are his friends." 

"Are you guys part of that group my sister Hyori used to be part of?"

"Y-yes...." CL answered, wondering what she may do next. Subin scoffed. 

"She have told me a lot about you guys, even though we hated each other she kept talking about you guys, even to her last breath. She died talking about you guys, so we were warned to wiped you off the face of this earth if we came across your path. I guess it was right of me to follow our handsome leader, knowing he's been hiding this up here."

"W-what are you saying? Hyori's dead?" CL asked confused at her statement. 

"That's correct, she was thrown to the dead wayfarers and later became one of them. Her corpse is kept in a room under our headquarter." 

"W-w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter