[ X I ]

The Dead Wayfarers 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene moved away from the door and ran toward the other side of the room, there she crashed into someone or something and fell backward. Her eyes were slowly adjusting to the darkness of the room and soon she noticed it was another dead wayfarer. Chains rattled as the dead turned around in its steps ready to attack her. 

Irene yelped as she got up and hurried back toward the door. She gasped and glued herself against the door with a bang. The footsteps approached her grew louder and so did the groans that came along with it. She wanted to scream, to cry for help but she knew it was useless, in fact she couldn't hear herself scream, though she felt herself screaming. 

Then she suddenly remember Seungho. How he would always come to her rescue, whether it was from the dead or living people. He would always be there for her, but she was sure he had no clue she was there. And he didn't. She remembered once when Seungho told her to hold her breath, that these things were only and mostly attracted to noise. 

She placed both hands over and held in her breathing. 

The s died a little, but the chains still rattled. She felt a finger touched her, trying to scratch her. She budged from it and continue to hold her breath. 

Seungho, help me. I can't hold my breath much longer, please!

Howon clicked his tongue, "So you're going to blow up WWIV? You want my help with getting your team out, if I succeed then that means I'll get my freedom as well?" Seungho kept his gaze on the road. 

"If my plan succeed." 

Howon scoffed, "So you can't guarantee anyone's safety?" 

"No. Not even my own."

Howon turned toward the expressionless man then back on the road as Seungho drived right over a dead on the road. "Why don't you wait it out instead? You've only been at WWIV for a few months and we just moved to the main building. You don't know where everything is." 

"I can't do that." 

"Why?" 

Seungho paused for a moment before answering, "Because they already know." 

"Who?" Howon asked and waited for Seungho to continue, instead he cut him off instead after figuring out who Seungho was referring to, "How do you know they know?"

"The cameras." There was a sound of regret in Seungho's tone. After placing Subin down on the road, he remember seeing a camera installed near the roof of the road just down from Yongguk and their hideout. He knew then, he got caught, and that once he get to WWIV, he's already expecting WWIV to have the rest as hostages until his arrival. 

Howon leaned forward, jaw dropped, "You mean, the cameras made under WWIV's request to stalk the everyday people months ago?" 

Of course, how could Seungho forget? Every WWIV's members are well aware of the cameras, since it was an assignment for each member to install as least one around their city. Seungho hummed at Howon's question then heard the man hit the window with his clenched fist. 

", no wonder they knew about our group some time ago." Howon released a heavy sigh. Without asking whether Seungho would care to listen or not, the man assumed he would. "Couple months ago, we were doing our weekly thing, gathering and clearing out places. Dongwoo and I were part of a group of seven members lead by Team Leader Kim Sunggyu. I don't know what happen but when we came back, Dongwoo and I were separated while the other five were being dragged away. We used to uh, stay in the main building. But after that, they kicked Dongwoo and I out to the camp. Some time later, Woobin told us that he'd be needing us on his team but he wouldn't answer any questions about our leader and members. Then shortly after that's where you came in, looking all angry." 

Seungho waited for the lad to finish. 

"Man, seriously. You were the trophy for some time. The bounty was a free life in the city. In a nation where the cold ones wander and roam freely, where rules were limited only to certain areas. You were like the cure to everything. The cure to one's freedom if he or she turn you in, a cure to one's illness, sickness, because of what we've seen. You can't die, no matter how many bite you get. Then when they moved you to the camp I knew then that you weren't just any cure. You were also a threat, a virus, a new disease everyone need to be afraid of."

Howon turned to Seungho and scoffed a smile, "You were like a king, everyone knew you and had respect for you. And without a care in the world, they wanted to be just like you. That's when the testing on people sped up." Howon caught Seungho's gaze from the side, "Woobin told me, before they injected those weird liquid into one's body, they would whisper. Be strong. After taking this, you will become immortal just like Yoo Seungho." 

Seungho turned his gaze back on the road, "Would you take it if they give it to you?"

Howon sighed, "In a heartbeat, I'll drink that thing as if my life depended on it." 

"Then you're still a member of WWIV?"

Howon smiled, "Switching sides and supporting traitors were never my forte. But I rather o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter