One Year Later ( Part 2)

Wait for me

I’m walking barefoot through the memories

With the fallen leaves

I’m letting go of the people I haven’t been able to forget

I’m walking barefoot through the memories

To the red-stained sky

I’m raising up the people who I haven’t been able to be with

Time passes like water flows

I’m building a dam called memories

There are memories that I couldn’t hold onto

It’s the reason why I look beyond the horizon again today

                            Time and Fallen Leaves by AKMU

 

It been a year seen the last time I saw him, so far I did not hate him nor miss him, I just want a real and honest answer from him. I don’t believe it when he says he wants us to take a break. Who am I kidding? I know so well why he wants us to be like this. His future, his brother’s future and his dream. A super star, Kim Jinhwan, a monster rookie, and bright star that every girl love, a man that every girls want. But me, Lee Soohyun, a super normal girl, and a nobody to all of those fan girls. Our happy ending was never happen, nor even beginning.

“Aish, so annoying.” I say in frustrating and throw the dirty towel in the table.

“What’s so annoying?” A hand reach my shoulder.

“Oppa, you’re scare me.” I scream at him and yank away from his hand 

Lee Chanhyuk aka my brother look at me and says. “ You always startled when I call you, you did something wrong to me, don’t you?”

I just shake my head and ignore him, I have to deal with him every single day since my parents are out of town for vacation, so it only us and the help of my two idiotic best friend whom are not very helpful. 

“Just go oppa, with you present will not help anything anyway, so just leave and do something else.” I say without looking at him.

“ Soohyun ah, am I annoying you that much?” Chanhyuk ask which surprise me. So I take a moment to look at him and figure out if he joking or he really mean it.

“Whatever.” Chanhyuk say and leaves the shop

“Oppa, oppa.” I call out and sigh. “Look like I have to take care of this shop by myself.”

What a great day when my brother and two best friends decided to leave me here. After, finish up and cleaning the table, I sit at the table and ready to be busy. Lee Chanhyuk, I’m gonna tell mom and dad when they get home. You pretend to be mad and leave me like that.

“Soohyun ah.” Mrs. Kim runs into my shop and calling my name

“Are you okay?” I ask and offer her the chair.
“No…. Your brother…. Aigoo…. Hold on.” Mrs. Kim tries to catch her breath 

“What’s wrong with my brother?” I ask her.
“He got into a car accident.” Mrs. Kim finish her sentence and look at me.

“What? Where is he right now?” I ask her 

“In the hospital, we take him to the hospital, well Minki’s appa did and I run here as fast as I can to tell you.” Mrs. Kim look at me.

“I need to go to the hospital.” I run to the door than Mrs. Kim stop me. “How about the shop?” 

“I don’t know, I don’t know.” I keep repeating as tear fall down. “Chanhyuk oppa”

“Your parent are not home yet, aren’t they?” Mrs. Kim ask me

I need to calm down, I will soon to be a doctor, I need to stay calm. Think, think Lee Soohyun. Close the shop, I need to close the restaurant. Then go to the hospital

“Soohyun ah, don't scare ajjuma.” Mrs. Kim reach my hand ad she look at me.

“My brother.” I say as I try to find the key of my shop. “Where is it? Where is the key?” I say in frustrating. Suddenly someone holds my hand and reach to the box at the top of the table.

“Calm down, I’m right here.” I look at the person who just speak to me.

“My brother… he …. get in a car accident.” I cries as I know he is the person stand next to me.

“I know, I know, don’t cry okay? Remember, you need to stay calm.” Mino says as he hug me and turn to Mrs. Kim

“I’m really sorry but can you stay and lock the restaurant for us?” He ask Mrs. kim.

The lady just nod as she still remember how he runs in the shop as cheerful as he was and then he saw me, his expression change.

“Let’s go, I will take you to the hospital.” Mino say as he break the hug and take me to his car.

Through out the drive my head keep running on the memory between me and Chanhyuk oppa, it is true that we are different, but no-one can deny the loving we have for each other. I was mean to him, and yet he still take care of me. He takes me to school, drive me to works and pick me up late at night. Chanhyuk, please don't get hurt, please stay with me. We promise to go back to Mongolia together to visit our grandfather. Tear keep on fallen, as I remember about our childhood memory.

An embrace holding me tighter and tighter as the tear keep on fallen down.

“Soohyun ah, he will be okay, I promise.” Mino he holding me and continues. “Hyung, can you drive faster?”

As we reach the hospital, I look at Mino as a signal telling him that he doesn't have to come with me or everybody will be frighting as they see him

“I will go with you as I promise to be next to you.” He steps down the car and takes my hand walk to hospital.

 


“Soohyun ah.” The head nurse recognize me as I walk in. “Oh no, as soon as I saw his name I hope that it was not your brother, but come with me.” She says and lead me to the emergency room

“His head was protected by the helmet but he has a little injury. So we try as much as we can to… to not giving him any scar.”

“Yes, please help him… Please, wait what?” I ask again in confusion.

“What? You didn't know, he gets in a car accident because he make sudden stop at the four way road so he would not hitting a dog.” The head nurse say.

“I thought he was in a serious accident,” I say in frustration.

“Well not really, but as I see Yoonhee fix up his wound, he scream pretty badly in there. So, I think it is a serious accident for him.” The nurse says as she shake her head.

“Where is he?” I ask and try to calm myself. “Wait, no I will be there by myself.” I say and drag Mino with me who is still in his confusion.

“Which room?” Mino ask me

As I want to answer, I hear a scream at the end of the hall. “Found it.” I say and make my way to the room. And of course as soon as I arrive to his room he say. “Soohyun ah, my baby sister, I thought I could never see you again. It hurts me so much, Soohyun ah.”

Yoonhee who is another nurse in the room is stopping herself from cracking up. I smile to her and signal her to give it to me and let’s me handle him.

“Sis, I miss you so much, I thought I could never see your ugly face anymore.” Chanhyuk still crying as he sees me walk toward him

“Me too, I thought I could never see you face again.” I say as I was annoyed but deep down inside I was happy that he is fine and nothing serious happen.

“Why are you not crying?” Chanhyuk ask

“Why should I?” I say and fixing his wound

“Liar?! She was bawling her eyes out in her way here.” Mino say as he walks to the bed.

“Mino hyung, I thought I could never seen you handsome face anymore.” He sobbing as he realize Mino was standing there the whole time. “Wait, you’re crying for me, Leesu?” 

I glare at Mino and say. “That was unnecessary.”

“But dude, you need to be careful. What happen if you involved in a serious accident?” Mino say as he pour a cup of water for Chanhyuk

“This is serious already, I can have scar for the rest of my life and my face will be ruin.” Chanhyuk cry out and receive the cup of water from Mino hand then continues. “Thank bro.”

Mino stare at Chanhyuk face then crack up. “Aigoo, I’m pretty sure this small scar will do no harm to you.”

“Just ignore him, he is a drama queen.” I says as put a bandage to the wound.

“Should I go see a dermatologist?” Chanhyuk ask as he very serious about it.

“For?” I look at my brother in disbelief.

“My face.” Chanhyuk say.

“Oppa, your face are already ruin before the accident.” I turn around to learn up the mess he makes.

“That was mean.” My brother say and remain quiet.

I look at him and feel the pain in his eyes. “You know I’m joking right? I mean we are sibling, so if I say that to you then I don’t look any better than you.”

“Ok guys, you both look fine.” Mino say as he puts his hand on my shoulder

“Oppa, I’m sorry for being mean, sarcastic, and for what I say to you in the shop.” I look at Chanhyuk.

“It ok, I can just tell mom and dad when they get home.” He smirk and continues. “ But the apology is accepted, and oppa sorry to for making you watch the restaurant by yourself and you still do it without any complain when your school work are higher than the mountain.”

“Group hug everyone.” Mine say as he embraces me and my brother and we all crack up.

“Soohyun ah.” Mrs. Kim say as she reaches the door and continues. “ Are your brother ok?”

“Ajumma, you should have tell me that he just has a small scratch?” I ask ajjuma.

“No, I didn’t know either cause when me and my husband saw him, he basically screaming his heart out, so we thought some serious injury must happen.” Ajumma explains.

Again me and Mino turn around and stare at him. “Cry baby.”

 

As we arrived from the hospital to the restaurant, Mino helps me carry my brother whom still believe that we should have let him stay at the hospital for a night in case anything happen.

“Oppa, how many times I have to repeat? Yoonhee unni already all the test and you are complete healthy.” I open the door and help Mino carry my brother inside.

“But…but.” Chanhyuk want to continues but I glare at him which stop him right away.

“If you say that again I will make sure you get to stay at the hospital for the whole week.” I look at him and mark my word. Just like that he run away from Mino’s arm and flee upstair.

“Weirdo.” I as as I try to fix my messy hair and continues. “Thank you.” I say look at Mino, I have forget that he has been here with me the whole time.

He reach out his hand and tug a strand of hair behind my ear then answer. “You welcome.” 

He keeps on staring at me which seriously make me hella nervous, I rub my hand as the awkwardness atmosphere keep on increase.

“Soohyun ah.” Mino called out my name which make my heart sink a little bit as I remember how “he” used to call me.

I look up and meet his eyes,  I smile and say. “Yes?”

I remembered one year ago, when Jinhwan break up with me, my world was fallen apart, I thought I could never stand up again. But this guy who sit across from me, help me, embrace me, hold me up, even when I try to keep distance from him, he still tries. He makes me happy again, he tries to be friend with me, my brother and even my family, he tries just to be close with me, but what about Kim Jinhwan, where is he right now? Sometime I hope I can just moved on and forget about that bad guy but at the same time, I can’t. He was in there, a part of my youth and my memory, it could neve robe faded away.

“Are you ok?” Mino leans his face forward which surprise me so much that I almost fell off the chair but he catch me just in time.

“What can you do without me Leesu?”. Mino say as he put me back into my seat and continues. “ I will joint the hip hop show”

I look at him and say. “Show me the money?”

“You know that show?” Mino ask me in surprise.

“My brother.” I explain.

“Right, our Leesu doesn't know anything about this. But I have a propose if I win…” He look down at his hand nervously. 

We remain quiet for awhile until he looks up and says. “If I win, let’s stop be friend….” He hesitated and continues. “Let’s date…As in be my girlfriend.”

The man in front of me smile brightly and take a step closer than hold my hand.