One Year Later ( Part 1)

Wait for me

She keeps smiling on and on

As if it’s nothing, time holds onto you as it ticks away

In my dreams, I’m with you as I hold your hand

But cruelly, I say goodbye when the sun rises

As my pillow gets wet

Oh you and me (oh you and me)

We’re under the same sky but we can’t meet

But believe in me, I’ll be there for you

Wait (wait) because I’ll go to you right now

Wherever you are, I’ll go

Wait for me, hey, time is ticking faster

Wait (wait) because I’ll go to you right now

I’ll run against time and go to you

Wait for me yeah

So that my heart can reach her

Time go faster

Time go to her

So I can reach her

                              Wait For Me  by IKON

 

“I like it, let’s do one more time then you can take a break, Jinhwan hyung.” I hear B.I say through the speaker.

It been a year since I record this song, last time was for Mix & Match, but this time is for our first album Welcome Back. 

“Chanwoo gets ready.” B.I say and look at the younger boy.

The true is that we were not expected for Chanwoo to make it to the final vote, but what can we said what done is done, he a piece of IKON right now, and no one can change that

“Nae huyung.” Chanwoo answer as he keeps on look over the lyrics.

The boy is still nervous to be around Hanbin, I mean who can blame him, even I afraid of him when it comes to recording.

“You did good in there.” Hanbin gives me a high five as I walk out of the recording room and continues.  “ I can feel the emotion through your voice as you singing.”

I just smile and look at him, the lyric of the song somehow remind me of her, I always remember how torn she was when I tell her that I want to take a break. It was an excuse for me to focus on the program, because I know so well that this my last chance, our last chance to debut as whole and I don't want the kids to miss it. But instead forgetting about her, I keep telling myself to try harder and harder to reach my goal, my dream then somehow I will comeback and find her. This is my selfish hope, I hope that she is not yet find someone new and she doesn't fall in love with someone else yet. I just hope that she would wait for me, at least in my mind I hope that would happen.

“Do it right and focus on the lyrics, your voice is not yet reach to the correct rhythm.” Hanbin say as he look at the young boy through the glass window. “ Let’s start from the begining.”

“Hyung~” Junhoe and Donghyuk say as they come through the door then look at Hanbin who is still fixing Chanwoo vocal problem.

They carefully sit down and remain quiet because they know so well that if they make another sound, the one that receive the death sentence is them.

“Get out and get some air, you are too nervous to record right now.” Hanbin look down at his computer and sigh.

We look at Chanwoo then look at Hanbin. “ Are you listening ?” Hanbin yell again which startled us

The maknae just quietly left the room.

“Junhoe gets in.” Hanbin says

Junhoe looks at me as he mouthing “ why me? Donghyuk is here”, I just shake my head and look at him, Junhoe aka the sacrifice of the group, I wish him luck.

 

After recording for Junhoe and Donghyuk, Bobby and Yunghyung also come in and finish their recording, but only Chanwoo who is no where to be seen. 

“Where is Chanwoo?” Bobby looks around and continues. “You scare the kid Hanbin ah, give him a little break. He been up all night and practicing for our album, he tries to keep up with us and the debut schedule. Plus, he just 17, at this age they all immature but look at him, he cleans, he does all the work we ask him to do. Just be a little patience with him.”

“So I was wrong the whole time….” Hanbin quietly look at us and continues. “The other day I saw him reading the comment from internet, he cried… So I though if I make him practice harder, he may do well as we debut and no now would say that anymore… I’m wrong again.” Hanbin just sit still and look at the ground 

Chanwoo and Hanbin are very similar, they debut at young age and carry the burden in their shoulder, as surprise as it was, Hanbin is the one who care for Chanwoo the most. Hanbin knows about the malicious comment for Chanwoo, he took the time and train for the boy, and the young boy himself listen to Hanbin and practice as hard as he could. But this time, I know the young boy is tired and same with Hanbin.

“Let’s get separate and find him.” I suggest and the boy nod.

We are a team, it times to fix all the mistake, misunderstand and achieve our dream.

 

30 Minutes later

 

“Where could he be?” Donghyuk say as he arrive at the place where agree to meet it we still can’t find Chanwoo

We all shake our head, it is our fault that we are not listen to our youngest, he used stay by himself and not express much, and we don't even try to get close to him and now everything become like this,

“This is my fault”. Hanbin look at us and continues. “ I should have take care of him more.”

“No this is our fault, you try hard enough to help him practice but we ignore the poor kid”. Bobby say as he try to reinsure Hanbin

“Should we tell manager hyung?” Junhoe ask

We stand still and remain quiet for awhile.

“I think we should.” I say and head to the manager office and the boy follow me.

We are seriously getting in trouble if our manager find out. I should take the responsibility, because I’m the oldest and Chanwoo is missing.

“Wait, is that him?” Donghyuk hit me in the arm as he see Chanwoo 

We run over and look at the boy who sit in the ground and he felt….. asleep.

“Chanu ah.” Yunghyung sit down next to Chanwoo. “My evil twin wakes up”

The young boy open his eyes and look at us, from surprise to freak out, he stands up as quick as he can.

“Hyung I’m sorry, I was practicing but then I was a little tired so I just want to close my eyes for a little then … then I feel asleep. I’m sorry.” The young boy look down 

“Let’s take a break for one day.” Hanbin say which surprise us.

“No, no, no I will practice, I’m sorry I will not gonna lack off again.” Chanwoo still trying to explain himself 

Hanbin looks at Chanwoo and say. “No, as in all of us will take a break for today and you are not lack off, I know it, you works as hard as us. So we all deserve a break.”

“Let’s go to ajumma’s restaurant, it been a long time we haven't visit her.” Donghyuk suggest.

“Wait… no.” Without finishing my sentence the boy just vanish and drag me with them

 

 

“They close?” Junhoe say as we walk down from the car

“There is a sign, come and read it.” Bobby tells Junhoe. ( The awkwardness of JunBob)

 

Why I suddenly feel uneasy like this? Is she ok?