Chanyeol/Kyungsoo

Advent Drabbles 2k14

Prompt:  (chanyeol 30/kyungsoo 18). story about how a well known businessman (pcy) fell in love with a highschooler and how they deal with their secret affair
Rating: PG13

Chanyeol hates mornings the most.

It's not the sunlight streaming in to interrupt his sleep or the sting behind his eyes as he wakes that bothers him.  Even the cool air of the room that swallows his bare skin when he pulls back the covers is a minimal nuisance.

It's knowing that his time with Kyungsoo is drawing to an end, and that he doesn't know when he'll see him next that has his gut clenching and his possessive heart demanding he take his boyfriend far from this place so the two of them can be together without fear, without interruption.

Chanyeol traces fingers over the curves of Kyungsoo's face, softly brushing the dark strands of hair from his eyes before they blink open.  Kyungsoo is always the most yielding when he first wakes, the beginnings of a smile pulling at his plump lips as he turns his head toward Chanyeol's touch.  The maturity of someone far older than himself can usually be found in Kyungsoo’s eyes, but not on peaceful mornings like this.  Instead, Chanyeol catches a glimpse of Kyungsoo bare and untouched by the world around them just for a little while.

Chanyeol is bound to have several early morning work emails already waiting for him - urgent things that he’ll have to get a start on as he sips his first cup of coffee for the day.  And Kyungsoo’s homework is still strewn over the coffee table from where he’d been working on his problem sets the previous night, before allowing Chanyeol to draw his attention away.  They have completely different lives outside these four walls - completely different social circles that are kept separate from this relationship they share.

It’s a double life, one that Chanyeol often feels guilty for, but he loves Kyungsoo despite the social stigma attached to such an .  Inside Chanyeol’s apartment it isn’t so bad . . . at least until Kyungsoo is pulling on his school uniform, hands smoothing out the wrinkles from when Chanyeol had peeled it off piece by piece the previous evening.  It reminds Chanyeol that Kyungsoo is barely an adult, only eighteen years old; and yet he can’t cut the ties that bind them together.

He’s in love.

Kyungsoo smiles around his toothbrush, flecks of toothpaste dotted along the corners of his mouth as he pads around the bathroom, always unable to hold still.  Kyungsoo is at home in Chanyeol’s apartment; he’s told Chanyeol on more than one occasion that it feels more like a home than his own and Chanyeol’s already extended an invitation for Kyungsoo to move in permanently once he graduates.  But he needs to graduate first.

Kyungsoo is reluctant to accept and Chanyeol knows it’s his own fault.  Chanyeol’s company, his name, his face, his life is always underneath a microscope.  The top tier socialites deem Chanyeol as one of their own and as such, he’s into a certain limelight he'd never wanted.  Given a choice, Chanyeol would disappear with Kyungsoo at his side and live far from the fear of others discovering their relationship.  He doesn’t need to live a life of luxury to be happy - not if he has Kyungsoo.

The reflection in the mirror stares at Chanyeol in judgement, reminding him that to the public eye, he’s still a barely thirty year old bachelor free for the taking.  He avoids romantic entanglements with finesse and weaves through interviews like minefields, always skirting around anything that gets too close to his personal life.  It isn’t an easy task and he’s tired.  Sometimes he’s tempted to give them all the truth, shout out to the world that he’s finished with their high class games.

But that puts Kyungsoo at risk and Kyungsoo is the only one worth protecting.

Kyungsoo cuts off Chanyeol’s thoughts by standing in front of him, reaching up to curl his fingers around the fabric of Chanyeol’s expensive tie and tighten it a little more around his neck.  Chanyeol then lets Kyungsoo tug him down for a kiss, lips together as they both smile before Kyungsoo is stealing away to collect his things.  His parents think he’s been at his best friend’s house studying and it’s an excuse that’s beginning to grow thin.  They’ll need to find something new soon.

Chanyeol still remembers with vivid clarity how they met.  Chanyeol had thought Kyungsoo had been the same as every other person, throwing himself at Chanyeol when they’d collided on the sidewalk and his wallet had fallen from his pocket.  Chanyeol had been furious, laying into the man in front of him, who'd looked like a drowned rat from running through the rain to return the wallet with an apology.

When Chanyeol realized he’d been mistaken, that Kyungsoo had no idea who he was, a heaping of guilt had made him offer to take Kyungsoo for a hot meal to make up for it - after getting him dried off.  What had begun as a coincidental meeting led to Chanyeol’s heart hammering away in his chest from across the table as Kyungsoo ate with a smile, complimenting Chanyeol’s taste in restaurants and thanking him for the gesture even if it wasn’t warranted.

Chanyeol managed to get several more dinners into Kyungsoo’s stomach before stealing a first kiss under the cover of the trees in a nearby park.  It had been dark, but Kyungsoo’s eyes had been dancing with the light from the stars and Chanyeol knew he was sunk.  And he’s never regretted falling for Kyungsoo.

“You look like one of those anime characters with a storm cloud over their head,” Kyungsoo comments as he effortlessly slides onto Chanyeol’s lap.  Chanyeol’s hands naturally fit over the curves of Kyungsoo’s thighs, drawing him closer.

In lieu of answering, Chanyeol kisses Kyungsoo lightly, sighing when Kyungsoo pulls away a little.  His hands cup around the back of Chanyeol’s neck; usually he’d be scratching through Chanyeol’s hair, but it’s styled for work and they’re too careful to muss it up.  “It’s only another month,” Kyungsoo whispers, knowing exactly what eats at Chanyeol.  His head drops softly, their foreheads pressed together.  “One month and I’ll graduate and we can go wherever you want.”

Chanyeol’s arms wind around Kyungsoo’s waist and he swallows, imagining all the places he wants to take Kyungsoo, all the wonders of the world he wants to show him.  He manages to smile at the thought and Kyungsoo’s returning grin is the brightest of all.  “I’m going to take you everywhere.”

Kyungsoo laughs, dropping a kiss on Chanyeol’s mouth before wiggling off his lap.  “I’m holding you to that.”

Chanyeol manages one final kiss before Kyungsoo is ducking out the door.  He knows his boyfriend is going to sneak out the employee exit in the back of the building and take the bus to school, probably barely making it there in time.  But he also knows that Kyungsoo is going to lock himself in the upstairs bathroom during lunch and call him, complaining about his day and how much he already misses Chanyeol and all the things he wants to do when they manage to steal a little time for themselves again.

Chanyeol can’t wait until he gets Kyungsoo all to himself, but for now - this is enough.